Some Questions about changing gameplay things.

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Dunkler
Neophyte

Some Questions about changing gameplay things.

Post by Dunkler »

I have now a few Questions if its possible to....

turn off the Critical Miss of Melee Weapons?
(in my opinion the damage you take from it is way too high...soemtimes when i miss i just kill my charakter from just 1 attack)

Turn off some of the buttons in the options Menu?
For example i dont want to use the Auto-Map but i also dont want that anyone can turn it on again.
Same goes for the game speed and game difficulty button.

Edit: And another Question..is it possible to make the dungeon window bigger?(or even ful screen) its just in the middle and very small.
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

All of the above is down to the actual Java code - it has been coded this way.
All of the new updates from the addon packs try to make the code more similar to the original DM, even the weapons stats.

This part of the code was originally done by Solito, although I believe he is no longer around.

The auto-map feature can be disabled through the dmnew config file (open with notepad, then just save)

The actual screen size is again down to the java code. To change this would be to change everything to do with the actual "dungeon" views. This also includes the size of the graphics in question.
It would be a big job, and will take quite a while. Maybe when I have more time I will look into this.
Dunkler
Neophyte

Post by Dunkler »

Thx for the answer :)