DMJ Graphics Usage?

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Crash.
Adept

DMJ Graphics Usage?

Post by Crash. »

Greetings,

I am working on a graphics conversion that can be used with various DM clones. Much of this started with dungeon graphics from DM2, but I'm also interested in updating monsters and items.

What I'm trying to figure out is what the usage status is on the graphics included with Dungeon Master Java. I've obtained permission from some of the artists that have created supplemental graphics, but cannot reach Alan Berfield or Kelly regarding their work. I'm also not sure what each artist was responsible for, so I'm not sure how to verify that I'm not collecting graphics that I don't have permission to use.

The intention of this project was just to provide a complete, updated dungeon graphics set for DM clones, mostly from DM2. As that is more or less complete, I moved onto monsters, of which many were updated for DMJ. I created replacements for the remaining monsters that were never updated. Now I'm looking at the possibility if updating the items in the game, many of which are only included in DMJ and Kelly's addon packs.

If anyone has advice, suggestions, or comments, I would greatly appreciate them.

Last edited by Crash. on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I've PM´d you Kelly's email address that I used a few times. Don't know if it's different from the one in the forum. Do try and post at the DMJava board. Very quiet but I think that Alan did post there something this year!