Dm Java Editor Glitch

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Dm Java Editor Glitch

Post by Broken_Paladin »

When I have have a pressure plate replace a floor at another location with a generator it works fine, however when i set up another one the engine freezes.
I tried using multipleswitch floor plate and first one runs perfectly fine, but the 2nd one freezes engine.
Currently I'm adding a floorplate/generator, then saving, then reopening editor and repeating the process. Its not really crippling my game, just kinda annoying, Any suggestions on this weird bug?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

When you create the 'another one' you mean another pressure plate? I know I can freeze the engine by setting a wall switch to switch itself ad infitum.... Which was the default setting :(
So, please check the target of the second switch, that isnt either pointing to itself, or back to the original one again.

I've just reread your post, and you're talking about the Editor, and not ingame!? To be honest I almost never had the Editor crash on me :o
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Post by Broken_Paladin »

Yeah its in the editor when i place a plate down and it activates launcher/niche it works fine, however when i create another one not linked to first one it locks it up everytime.
Roquen
Artisan

Post by Roquen »

Run the editor from the command line with 'java' instead of 'javaw' and see if the runtime is throwing an exception.
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Post by Broken_Paladin »

I ran it as java instead of javaw and it still freezes up once i start on the 2nd one.
It always freezes when I backup to this screen to save all the changes I've done.

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 750xv1.jpg

I'm also running windows vista and have all the permissions set and no restrictions on it.
Roquen
Artisan

Post by Roquen »

What I'm curious about is when you make the editor hang, do you get something like the following printed out in the console window:

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.SomeExceptionName
	at DMEditor.mousePressed(DMEditor.java:841)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6035)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent

.. bunch of stuff deleted

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Post by Broken_Paladin »

I'm not getting any text in the console, I have to open up processes to close the program down, no other method works (x, alt +f4, esc,etc).
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Post by Broken_Paladin »

Okay i figured out whats going on, for some reason the engine is placing the wrong popup box over the other one that needs to be closed first. So game acts like it is frozen cuz i cant click anything. So i have to move the box like so.

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbbnd6.jpg

Unno y its doing that but in case anyone else works with dm java and has the same issue they know what to do.