DMJ - new stuff in the works.

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kelly
Artisan

DMJ - new stuff in the works.

Post by Kelly »

Hi everyone, I know it's been so long since I was around and it's great to see that DMJ hasn't died. In fact it's the total opposite - so much work has been done to improve DMJ that I just had to post my remarks.
I was just having a clear out and saw my old files bundled away and had a wave of nostalgia I guess, lol.

I have yet to look at all the modifications done so far, I've just downloaded Alan's and Solito's DMJ files and will look at it later today. Judging by the screenshots, there's alot happening in the editor now that I'm quite excited by and look forward to having a play around with it.

I also found some of my older work that I never posted - to be honest I haven't a clue how far my modifications progressed and I know some of my work was lost a few years ago. Still it would be nice to come back to the forum every now and then and exchange ideas.

I have been through a few posts and seen a few names that jump out at me, that I feel like I kind of adandoned a few years ago, but I hope to hear from you all soon.

Like I said the updates done that I have seen so far look really exciting, so I'm gonna take a peek and see what's what - I look forward to posting my thoughts with you all soon.

Kind Regards to everyone,

Kelly.
Last edited by Kelly on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: DMJ still going strong!

Post by beowuuf »

That's great to hear!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Hey Beo', it's been a while, lol!

I've had a good look round the new DMJ code modifications and I'm impressed. There's so much I always wanted to implement but lacked the experience to do it and Solito has done alot of work. Also, I like the way new graphics have been implemented to allow for more cutomisation (<spelling?) - really excellent work to all involved.

So what's new? Ideas or thoughts for DMJ - graphical wise anyway - I'll leave the coding to the experts, lol. I'm not saying I'm gonna release another addon pack, but I do have a few days a week spare nowadays, so just throw some stuff my way and we'll see how it goes? Let me know.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Good to see you getting your hands dirty :) wb
Kelly
Artisan

Re: DMJ - new stuff in the works.

Post by Kelly »

Thanks Ian, nice to be back.

Still in the process of getting all my files together here - raiding every old HD I can find to salvage what I can.

Will post updates here as I did before and keep you all updated. There's a link to the 0.3 website over on the sticky thread where I'll post piccies and hopefully you'll post your ideas/suggestions.

Well better get cracking on.... :D