DMJava v2.10 by Solito

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
solito
Journeyman

Re: DMJava v2.10 by Solito

Post by solito »

New patch available: 2.12-8
- Item coordinates adjustment.
solito
Journeyman

Post by solito »

patch 2.12-9 available.
solito
Journeyman

Post by solito »

patch 2.12-10 available.
-Check possession bug fixed
(typically when an item is required and was inside of a pouch, which was inside of a chest, it didn't work). Solved.
Misskarna
Journeyman

Post by Misskarna »

Wanted to try your dmJava out as I never beat Alandales Dungeon and wanted to play on a more updated game.

However, I keep getting a blue screen with black rectangle. I followed the instructions exactly. Extracted the game and then copied patch files unless I put patch files in wrong place as it overwrote most of the normal ones.

I even installed your version of Java 7.u20 and installed latest one I linked it up to where it extracted, but still same problem.

I checked the command prompt and not getting any errors, unless its conflicting with other versions of Java I have installed as I still have version 5.

I will have to play original it seems as I cannot get this to work no matter what I do, either my gpu don't support your version of the game as Java is all linked perfectly fine.
kelly_DMJ
Novice

Post by kelly_DMJ »

Solito's latest version works fine. Be sure to copy the GUI files from the solito folder into the main directory or the game freaks out, lol.

I will have to remove the generic mask for the doors in order to implement my modified graphics.
After tinkering around with it for hours, I can't find a way to make it load my own broken door gifs without them being ignored and the new default mask replacing them.

Might not be important, but I need to be able to make my own broken images to create archways, doors busted slightly to give the illusion of the party having to crawl under them, particularly on water levels as this adds a great effect.

Also, doors don't have to look like doors, so again the broken images can add alot of different options to the game, it just takes a bit of imagination.

I have contacted Solito, to see if it's a bug on his end why my custom graphics are being overwritten, or if I'm simply doing something wrong, but for now the masks have been removed and new broken door images will be created.
kelly_DMJ
Novice

Post by kelly_DMJ »

Okay, ignore my last post as the broken images simply refuse to load on any door, default or custom - which is positively annoying me as I can't seem to find a way to fix this!

If I remove the mask I can then load the broken images in the editor so the party sees a broken door, but if the party has to break the door first, the broken images simply won't load without the masks being present - if they are present, all custom broken images are then ignored! its gotta be a bug right?
kelly_DMJ
Novice

Post by kelly_DMJ »

Nope, it's not a bug, just me doing it wrong, haha!
Totally forgot to deactivate the generic door tab in the ingame settings - duh!
Works great now!

Have a new problem now though, can't seem to get ambient background sounds to work.
Change the x and y to -2 as stated, but the game just freezes...hmmmm...changed the ingame settings to DMJ rules/sounds just in case this was preventing it from working, but still no joy. The game simply freezes once the trigger for the sound is activated....help?!
kelly_DMJ
Novice

Post by kelly_DMJ »

Never mind...lol!
Node
Neophyte

Post by Node »

kelly_DMJ wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:52 pm Solito's latest version works fine. Be sure to copy the GUI files from the solito folder into the main directory or the game freaks out, lol.

I will have to remove the generic mask for the doors in order to implement my modified graphics.
After tinkering around with it for hours, I can't find a way to make it load my own broken door gifs without them being ignored and the new default mask replacing them.

Might not be important, but I need to be able to make my own broken images to create archways, doors busted slightly to give the illusion of the party having to crawl under them, particularly on water levels as this adds a great effect.

Also, doors don't have to look like doors, so again the broken images can add alot of different options to the game, it just takes a bit of imagination.

I have contacted Solito, to see if it's a bug on his end why my custom graphics are being overwritten, or if I'm simply doing something wrong, but for now the masks have been removed and new broken door images will be created.
So I know I'm replying to a very old reply, but where else am I going to ask this? I'm getting the same problem as mentioned here and in other threads. I launch the game and get a blue screen with a black rectangle. I followed the directions except for the gui files: I do not see a /gui/solito folder, or even a /gui folder. I'm guessing if the UI is messed up, that might be a reason why the game looks the way it does. How can I fix this? I would love to try out some more Dungeon Master.