Dm Java Playthrough with Video.

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Misskarna
Journeyman

Dm Java Playthrough with Video.

Post by Misskarna »

I am recording my playthrough of this dungeon. It is quite a tricky dungeon so thought I record my playthrough, I have got up to lv 4 so first few floors will be like a walkthrough then the rest you will see me working out the dungeon as I play for the first time.

I do like this dungeon so far, but I feel for starting party is too difficult on normal, I was getting shot for 130 dmg from basic floating eye, on floor 2, knights 2 shotting my fighters on easy, without leveling up it's impossible, but the way he designed dungeon is good having optional areas to come back to is good idea as well, so I have mixed emotions on this dungeon. However there is good place to train with rats on level 2.

here is link for floor 1, all puzzles solved, note I used my party that was level 4 I copied the stats, so you might have get more gear for getting gor coin and vorpal blade and train your people to least apprentice/journeyman.

Video Link. https://youtu.be/HIq66XLNk20
boyflea
Expert

Re: Dm Java Playthrough with Video.

Post by boyflea »

I never have played this version - but it looks great.
Is it very different from the original Dungeon Master? I can see the characters and artwork are different, but the monsters look familiar.
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Misskarna
Journeyman

Post by Misskarna »

its pretty much the same as Paul Stevens return to chaos, though I think on normal the monsters do a bit too much damage an eye nuked me with only a level 3 bolt for 130 damage!

The main difference is monsters don't move in groups, and they can nuke you from further away and have smart AI.

there is also new spells in the game, which is kind of cool, especially one that can strip defences off a golem or a Death Knight.

Part 2 is up now

you can also download it here.

http://www.germanja.de/mirror/down.php?fchk=1 and germany explains it very well how to work it. He also did amazing work in LOG 2 love his dm wallset, so still conflicted what to do my first dm dungeon on, log2 or java, think log2 i would need learn lua scripting as i would not be able make riddle room puzzle types.

https://youtu.be/HIq66XLNk20?list=PLqxB ... bgYZGKABil
Misskarna
Journeyman

Post by Misskarna »

hmm won't let me edit but I got a playlist url now so I dont need make tons of posts, level 5 was brutal glad I actually started again with stats i had prev, I may have given too much magic resistance now as started with what they had with gear, but the level is still rough as hell. Demons are not fun when you going round on a zooom!

Playlist first 5 levels almost finished, the demon I will have to run as learnt i need the 4 runes now and going to see what else I can explore now I have better equipment in floor 2. Ps never equip death knights armour in java as they are cursed ad they cannot be removed, or least i couldn't after 20 remove curse spells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIq66XL ... ynaturecom
alandale
Apprentice

Post by alandale »

Thanks for making these videos, I've enjoyed watching them. I hope you're having fun. I don't think I'd have the patience to play through this dungeon now. Some of it just seems excessively difficult (e.g. getting the vorpal blade, and the demons around the zoom area).

By the way, I'm surprised to see you using the onscreen arrows for movement. I've always found the keyboard to be much easier myself.
Misskarna
Journeyman

Post by Misskarna »

NP AlanDale,

Yes, the demons had me cursing, lol when I died a few times, Was trying save the ring of time, I am only playing it on easy as I want to show how puzzles work, but think difficulty went back to normal for that part. I use twitch and just copy it to youtube, saves rendering.

In
By the way, I'm surprised to see you using the onscreen arrows for movement. I've always found the keyboard to be much easier myself.
grimrock I use keys, I just don't like the number pad for movement, or can you change that in Java?

I will video more soon, just been working on my DM story and the dungeon for it, I want to make, I am carrying on the story for my dungeon from yours as I liked the story so far. I am really enjoying the editor as its simple to pick up, especially for use of individual items vs LOG editor, which needed Scripting to spawn stuff.