New Lone Wolf!

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: New Lone Wolf!

Post by Gambit37 »

I went ahead and bought Book 18 just to see how the production quality would differ from Mongoose. I'm glad to say that everything was in excellent shape -- except for the misalignment of the title, logo and author on the cover!

WT actual F !!!? I'm very disappointed to have bought yet *another* print error, as I expected something great from Manticore Verlag.

Beowuuf, do you know if others have suffered with the problem?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not sure what you mean at all. The title is higher on the spin than, say, book 17. Otherwise everything matches exactly. Well, I think the book is a fraction larger, the title a tiny fraction smaller, but nothing you would notice unless directly looking at it and looking for faults.

Not sure how you can call this a printing error, especially given the actual printing errors on previous books.

Infact Mongoose's titles ride higher and lower anyway going back across the series!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just realised you said cover rather than spin, but that matches exactly Deathlord of Ixia...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Call me a perfectionist if you like (I am, after all!) ;-)
I looked again and I think it's a weird optical illusion with where the crease appears.
Never mind, I probably over-reacted! :-P

However, I've had a look at all the covers of the collectors editions and some of them are oddly designed: focal points are often lost behind the titles. The Kingdoms of Terror is esepcially strange, although I'm not sure if this is actually what was shipped, or if this was just a pre-production proof?
http://www.legrimoire.net/store/177-thi ... terror.jpg

In other news, here's some cool concept artwork for the abandoned Ksatria Lone Wolf game:
http://www.pablov3d.com/portfolio-IID.html
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, just printing errors is a very loaded word, especially off the back of how Mongoose's riun started, so I would hate for any rumours or ill feeling to get traction with this new publisher, especially given they have produced a book that is far larger than any previous (they've given us a huge bonus adventure that almost rivals the main book for section count) and have created a book that drops in to the previous collection!

Actually what was shipped for KoT was worse, as the Lone Wolf logo is as per the new book, so the title actually is directly over the creature's face.

Infact the magnakai name on the spine at the botton is far larger than the others going onwards, and the book title is directly against the '6'. So as I said, book 18 is perfectly presented against the older books, and there are niggles across the older books as they went that someone like yourself might notice.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hey Beo -- I finally started buying up the hardbacks. I've got books 18 + 19 straight from Joe (new) and he still sometimes sells mongoose old stock on eBay, where I bought a load too.

Out of all the published hardbacks, I'm now only missing 3, 5, 14, 15, 16, 17.

Do you know if Mantikore will get the rights to reprint any of the old mongoose versions that I'm missing?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think they might eventually, but for now I think they are only printing the new ones. Mostly likely a cost thing.

You can always ask in Project Aon and keep looking back there.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

I think Beo should share that on Lonewolf forums !
http://megara-entertainment.com/crowdfu ... and-french
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Joe Dever was on an episode of the Uk show Motormouth back in 1991:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUVIusv ... .be&t=3240

Very impressive full tabletop of the Darke Crusade battle, but let's bless Andy Crane for trying to remain interested, I think Joe was a little too serious about it all ;-)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Lone Wolf 22 Collectors' Edition ready for pre-order:

http://www.manti-shop.de/game-books/lon ... rs-edition