New old D&D game

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

New old D&D game

Post by Lunever »

Currently, despite being curious, I don't even have the proper time to look into DSB 0.53, since I'm busy with another game that is currently in developement:
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition: http://forum.baldursgate.com/
Since I'm probably not the only Dungeon Master player who also loves Baldur's Gate, I'd love to see some of you over there in the BG:EE forum.
Have fun!
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
ian_scho
High Lord

Re: New old D&D game

Post by ian_scho »

Gosh, I just picked up Baldur's Gate Tutu last week again. It's one of those things that I start playing 10 years after it's release, yet will take me another 10 years to finish!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Tutu or Trilogy are great (don't forget to install the DeGreenFilter to fix grafics conversion glitches), especially if you mod them with the gibberlings3.com BG2-Fixpack and BG-2 Tweakpack and make the AI smarter with Sword Coast Stratagems I + II. Add a couple of portrait packs and more script options, and you have a marvellous game experience.
And since many old modders contribute to BG:EE, it might become even more marvellous.

If you find unfixed bugs when playing Tutu again you can report them in the baldursgate forum, since they might apply to EE too.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Lunever wrote: I'm busy with another game that is currently in developement
OT, but is it a game based on the modern gods you were playing back when we met in 2007 or something new?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Lol, no, I'm not a programmer and I'll never release a comuter game, I just resort to being a paper&pen dungeon master. But as mentioned above, I'm looking forward to the new "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" that is currently under developement by Beamdog (licensed by Wizards of the Coast and Atari).
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing what they are doing - it has been a bit short on details at the moment. The countdown clock has 3 hours left, so I guess we will find out soon.

I wonder how much they will change or update. I can see the point of porting it to the iPad, but since I am a PC user it still is not clear what advantage it will have over my current copies of BG and BG2.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

@oh_brother: The engine and interface will have lots of fixes and improvements, see the subforum "bugs / fixed" there. It will have 2 new adventurers (no details yet), and probably there will also some new features regarding kits & classes (also no details yet).
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Yes, it seems there are a couple of new adventures and three new characters. The update to BG2 style as well is something I would like to see. I will check it out - I have not played BG1 since, I don't know, must be 1999 or so.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Let us know when they 'release' it, please :)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Officially announced, planned release date is September 21st, but considering the huge list of fixes to do I'm not sure whether there might be a delay.