Guess the game

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Guess the game

Post by Ameena »

No idea here either, don't recognise it at all...
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

A PlayStationPortable game released in 2007 in Japan, featuring a Demon Lord aka Overlord. I've said already quite much ;)
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Just noticed this thread. I doubt anyone would even look at the thread any longer, but here is one I always liked.

The game says, "DORK!"
"Wuuf's big brother"
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The Bard’s Tale on the Atari ST said “You Dork!” If you tried to use the Dork Ring.
That’s the only one I can think of.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I know it isn't, but now I hear it in my head: Lemmings saying 'Dork'
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

One of the great disappointments in the Atari ST Bard's Tale. I went to a lot of trouble, trying to get the opportunity to use that item (Dork Ring). I believe I tried it on the room with four bunches of 99 berserkers. Didn't do much damage, by the way. Ha.

Hard to believe how quickly that one was answered. I honestly didn't figure anyone would even notice the 'forgotten' thread, when I reopened it. Well done, Saumun!

That first Bard's Tale was a real jump from the Zork Trilogy. Actual graphics/pictures. Liked the music, as well.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I played the hell out of it, back in the day. It was my favourite game at the time.
I asked the same one early in the thread, so I’d have had to hang my head in shame if I didn’t get it.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Vis: Me, hanging my own head in shame.

I looked through a large number of comments on that thread, but I somehow missed that one. Sorry.

I quickly lost interest in Bard's Tale 2.

My oldest son and I picked up the PC Bard's Tale available now. No comparison to the excitement of the original, although it has moving graphics.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I loved both Tales of the Unknown and Destiny Knight. Destiny Knight seemed much longer and more difficult, but I played it to the end.
It was Thief of Fate that lost me a little. It had a different feel that I didn’t enjoy as much.
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

I have to agree with Saumun, BT3 was a mess compared to the previous games. In BT1 and BT2 you could at least explore a little, but in BT3 you could hardly move a square without a monster encounter. BT3 was more of a science fiction adventure than a fantasy one.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I didn't even realize they had made Bard's Tale Three. I checked it out a bit (YouTube).

The last Bard's Tale I purchased was not like these three at all. It was a 'run all over the place' type of game.
I tried playing it for a few hours, but gave up, feeling I was wasting my time and expecting the 'end' of the game to also be a disappointment.

P.S. After finishing DM1, the end-game movie was interesting enough, though short. I've always thought there should be a spectacular 'end' to games; at least the really difficult and entertaining games.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Considering the entire game had to fit on a single floppy disk, I don't think there's much more they could've done ;).
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Ameena: Point well taken. And it was the first game I remember that, just hearing the music at the beginning, makes me smile.
"Wuuf's big brother"
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

"See ya tightwad."
"Wuuf's big brother"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

The version of DM I played (Atari) had no music at all, so you must've been on a different system to me ;).

As for the quote, haha I just replayed Might and Magic VI recently - I've heard that one a few times when I accidentally went into a shop and forgot I didn't have anything to sell :D.
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

Ok here's an easy one:

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I don’t know MasterWuuf’s last one, but I’m pretty sure Prince of Elves’ is from...
Spoiler
Monkey Island
Edit: I only just saw that Ameena already answered MasterWuuf’s quote :oops:
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

As I said: an easy one ;) You're right of course, Saumun.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh are we playing this game but with quotes now? Wasn't there a separate quotes game thread somewhere?
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

This thread originally started with quotes, then people started posting screenshots.
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Well I have some very different genre, perhaps that lasts a bit longer:

"Is that all, stranger?" (Imagine veeery gravelly voice ;) )
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I must admit, my last one was to 'intentionally' draw Ameena in. Ha. Worked too.
By the way, Ameena. Do you tend to save the game before going into a shop?
I always have, since saving it beforehand, allows the shop to change wares every time you enter. Better selections
I tend to save the game a few times, when I get better options, then make and final decision and carry on with the best purchases presented.

I apologize for the 'commercial' and turn it back to the latest offering from the Prince of Elves.

Prince of Elves said, "Well I have some very different genre, perhaps that lasts a bit longer":

"Is that all, stranger?" (Imagine veeery gravelly voice ;) )
"Wuuf's big brother"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If you mean Might and Magic, no, I don't really buy anything from shops. Not in terms of gear, anyway - the magic guilds get a hell of a lot more of my money than anywhere else does, since I end up buying four of every spell (barring the two that can't be bought, of course). In general I tend not to buy my equipment in any game, since I'll inevitably have something way better drop off the next group of monsters I kill :P.

Anyway, don't recognise the quote so I'll leave it for someone else. I had forgotten this game and the images game were the same thread - I suppose we can consider ourselves free to post either thing ;).
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I don’t recognise it either, so I’m out on the last quote.
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Well, I didn't expect too much as it is from a different timeline to most of this forum's. ;) It's from 2005, actually. Also I knew that you wouldn't recognize it, Ameena, as you don't play horror. Let's see if anyone else feels like they might know games that fit in there, else I'll tell you what game it's from.

Also, MasterWuuf, it's quite a feat luring the ever-elusive Ameena out of her hidey-hole, so kudos on that. :D
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Probably incorrect, but Resident Evil? Horror game,at least.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Hehe, nice shot in the dark. :D It's from Resident Evil 4, not the best part of the series, though I didn't play that many... It's more survival shooter than real horror like the others. What always striked me as funny is that the scariest creature in the game is the one that will never attack you. :O In fact it even helps you by selling and buying stuff. That line I quoted is from the merchant and anyone who played that game will have heard it so often that it gets annoying at some time...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hidey-hole? Hey, I'll always post if I feel I can, but generally it's been either super-quiet or the threads posted in are ones where I don't really have anything to say ;). Anyway, since no-one got your quote you get to post another one (or an image, if you prefer) :D.
Craftsman

Hehe :D Since you are always the first to greet newcomers, I thought everyone would get that joke. ;) Also, I threw in a second game after Saumun immediately got the first, so technically it's his turn. Aaaand right now I can't think of any quote or cool screenshot (well I could put in an ARK teaser of course...)
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Okay, I have one that I don’t think has been mentioned.
I haven’t gone through the thread to check. I compiled a list of games already mentioned (the link is on page 32 of this thread), but I’m at work so couldn’t check it.

I digress.

Late 90s FPS, and one that I very much enjoyed.