I play new games again

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Bit
Arch Master

I play new games again

Post by Bit »

No - I'm not running against lanterns playing pokemon, but
yes - the crush saga virus did strike one me - even I strictly still deny facebook. (wonder if this will change too).
What's your opinion about King? Pretty busy. And - compared to that what we once payed for computer games - even almost fair.
And somehow - it's really sodalicious :shock:
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: I play new games again

Post by oh_brother »

I have never played any of those games. Nothing against them, just they are unlikely to be my cup of tea. I like narrative in my games, I never go into puzzle games really. Well,I went through a phase of playing Tetris which I have to admit was fun, even though I used to see the block when I tried to go to sleep (which I have just discovered is a real thing - real enough to have it's own Wikipedia page, no less).
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Hell - those side effects are sooo true. When waking up this morning, I wondered why there is a bag with colored patterns near my bed. Looking closer (without glasses, so pretty unsharp), it came out that it is such a screen - with heavy movement.
And then it was (more and more vanishing) perspectively correct (which doesn't happen in-game) on the surface of my bed.
Because I didn't stand up, and slept again, I now think this was no halluzination, but just a pretty real dream - maybe even with open eyes, such happens. I know that I often dreamed of running listings after long programming shifts. But this happened for the first time with a game, never after running through virtual worlds. Amazing, but disturbing...
(and no, I don't smoke grass. But you never know what they put sometimes into cigarettes. More probably it was simply coffee :lol: )
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

I used an App-Player on the PC for the games. Maybe that's just necessary, but when an unknown mobile phone and an unknown Mac appear in my mail-account, and I realized that those belong to this software, because when I kicked them, the player cried that *its* account was deleted - I got enough. Probably that's the way they hack zillions of accounts...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I did have a crack at Candy Crush a couple of years back to see what all the fuss was about, but to be honest i got bored after quite a short time.
That probably seems a little hypocritical from someone who played endless shoot em ups as a youngster, but they did at least offer the prospect of new enemies/power ups/bosses/etc...
Maybe i just crave some sort of genuine progression in a game... but since that's the only "King" game i've played, i'm probably not qualified to make a fair assessment.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

King's saga games are for dead time on trains and at airports. I don't know anyone who plays them 'seriously' ?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ohh right, yeah, King is that company that makes all those games for mobiles, isn't it? I see one advertised on telly every now and then, and it looks just the same as the previous ones I've seen advertised, but with different little icon thingys that you need to match up :D. Aren't they always those "Play for free unless you want to get anywhere, in which case give us money every couple of days" games? They look like the kind of browser-based game I'd maybe mess around with for an hour or two, then get bored and never revisit :D. I tend to prefer my games with a bit more...game to them, though I don't mind the occasional little browser-based puzzler. Last night, in fact, I was revisiting one called Hex FRVR over on One More Level where you have to place shapes into a hexagonal grid in order to complete lines and get points :).
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Gambit37 wrote:King's saga games are for dead time on trains and at airports. I don't know anyone who plays them 'seriously' ?
The girl from our pub tells me she's at level 906 - seriously or addicted?

And yes Ameena.
You can play them for free, but you can buy boosters that help to finish difficult levels.
You can also get help from facebook friends (now idea how, but basically those are facebook games, so they are meant to motivate people to have more and more connections, so let the data flow. The big data KI-algorithms aren't interested in one's private datas, they want the mass tendencies.)
Then there are mechanism that motivate you to play much - those who really play for free with no connections have to wait 72 hours until all continues at certain points.

What I say in conclusion is, that the games are really addictive and surely don't need a million budget to realize - for the basic engine. The game itself is well done. But created with a lot of psychological aspects. So, such a 'play store' looks more like a 'drugstore' to me... Numbers of downloads for one game up to 500 mio people (!!!).
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah...I'm not on Facebook. Those kinds of games don't interest me at all - "Get other people to play this or you can't get any further, oh and btw you also need to pay for stuff in order to advance". I'd rather just buy a game and play it through, and if it has multiplayer I'll only use it to play a private game with my partner...well, if it was something more sort of "open", like Minecraft, I'd be okay with letting other people into my server if it was people I knew, but so far, no-one's ever seemed interested (or has had time for it). Those Facebook/mobile phone games are, from what I can see, designed to be addictive, and to be super easy to "play" (if it counts as "playing" when all you're doing is clicking on/poking whatever thing you're told to click on/poke), so that they can rake in as much cash as possible from all the people who just want to do something that doesn't really involve any thinking.
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Ameena wrote:...designed to be addictive, and to be super easy to "play" (if it counts as "playing" when all you're doing is clicking on/poking whatever thing you're told to click on/poke), so that they can rake in as much cash as possible from all the people who just want to do something that doesn't really involve any thinking.
The formula is: proceed = thinking OR luck OR money