Two weird and disturbing horror games coming next year

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Two weird and disturbing horror games coming next year

Post by Gambit37 »

These two games coming next year both look disturbing in different ways: (Warning: NSFW and disturbing for those with sensitive disposition)

Agony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZHO9KugwTQ
Scorn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBo_rKleNw

I generally don't have the stomach for the horror genre anymore (despite having read and watched tons of it growing up), and I doubt I would enjoy that gruesome looking "Agony", but "Scorn" with it's Giger inspired aesthetic looks like something I might try.

What do others think? (Assuming you could get through those videos!)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Two weird and disturbing horror games coming next year

Post by Jan »

Gambit37 wrote:What do others think?
I'm not sure you want to hear this again :roll: , Gambit, but I think I'll stick to point-and-click adventures - can't wait for Thimbleweed Park to be released :wink: . Frankly, I don't find these videos disturbing - I find them dull to say the least, to be honest. But of course I understand that someone might see the games that I play as dull, so it's a draw :roll: .

No, really - the older I get, the more I want games I play / books I read / films I watch to be entertaining (not directly funny, or even comic or full of jokes, but just fun to play / read / watch), relaxing, not too serious. I can't take too seriously a game that takes itself too seriously, if you know what I mean. A game like Agony would be... a... agony for me :roll: .
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Two weird and disturbing horror games coming next year

Post by Ameena »

I don't play horror games. I think about the scariest games I've ever played were only scary in a couple of parts and those were in the Thief series. That said, I have seen a few playthroughs of some scary games on YouTube. I'm pretty fully read up on the Five Nights at Freddy's series because I find the lore interesting, but I haven't played any of them and wouldn't ever want to :D.