twin galaxies and Dungeon master serries?

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ParuNexus
Adept

twin galaxies and Dungeon master serries?

Post by ParuNexus »

So I was getting excited to do a speed run of Dungeon Master Nexus(sega saturn) since it had the odd thing of including the time displayed in the file name. Not sure how to display the time or if it even shows it at the end. So I could simply post this idea in the nexus forum but I did some checking: Twin galaxies which is the official record keeper for video games ONLY lists Dungeon Master on SNES. heck no one has even submitted entries yet!
I dont have a snes or the real cartridge, so I cant submit anything. Don't even have an account yet but sometime in the future dont even care if i have to buy vhs tapes record it, mail it. I think there needs to be ATLEAST 1 record! remember these need to be on the machine itself, no cheating, emulated etc. anyone have the physical snes want to make an account and learn what you need to submit? any other console ports with the time stamp on them that could be added? Does anyone even care or thought much about speed runs for any of the DM games? has anyone even heard of twin galaxies?
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
other DM series sites) @ https://discord.gg/5YzEcPT
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: twin galaxies and Dungeon master serries?

Post by Ameena »

Nope, sorry, never heard of it. But I've never owned a SNES and never played Dungeon Master Nexus (not even sure what it is...presumably some other version of DM?), so that might have something to do with it ;).
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I do like the commitment: sure you have to get the original SNES and game, but posting the speed-run on VHS - now there's commitment! I'd have no idea how to do this, but wish you all the best dude!
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

nexus is the 3d port it feels very familiar in tone of DM games in some ways but also very different. there are some completely different monsters some new interesting puzzles, room of the matrix is a little different. I only mention vhs to record because a long time ago that is how twin galaxies use to do it. I'm sure they now accept digital recording but i don't know for sure. For the most part recording to vhs is alot easier instead of using connecting from the console direct to whatever TV you send it to a vcr then a TV. now modern TV's have more HDMI ports probably what people use to watch cable or use ps3, xbox 360, wii u. there is a hardware that converts some of those old stuff into a newer one, which then can be hooked up to modern computers for recording. However some of these's have drawbacks doesn't look as good or the signal is slower. this seems like a good enough guide you should also be able to cables for various other devices as well including Amiga etc, It's just VERY expansive now.
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

does sound like fun. was there a sega saturn version? i do hope you can connect it somehow perhaps sone sort of twitch channel as well? not that i know i cannot even stream youtube
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

Yes Nexus was released on Sega Saturn, At first I thought DM2 was the last game released but apparently nexus was like 2 years after it. So it was the last product of series officially. I still have some cleaning up in my house and will need some kind of better way for a TV in the Primer video i uploaded to my FB account(https://www.facebook.com/ParuNexus/vide ... 578128009/) you can basically see my gaming setup. With PRGE happening next month and it starting my busy convention time(3 cons before thanksgiving) and other bills i'm gonna be strapped for cash. Sometime after xmas I'll have something to fit better for the consoles. With a TV that has a few hdmi ports and legacy ones sometime after spring break. also looks like speedrun.com has no dungeon master game either...
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

re streaming. Once its setup physically(and get a microphone to speak), i'll look up how to record or stream, and probably launch it from the discord(https://discord.gg/5XZkPvx) i made for this series. Again aways off but have plans to do this.