(fixed) Possible bug when placing worms

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

(fixed) Possible bug when placing worms

Post by Lord_BoNes »

When placing multiple worm monsters on a single tile... if you place more than 2 worms, then the AI does a single tick, and DSB crashes fatally. I suggest making ESB check the validity of worm placement when the user actually places the monster.

Another minor thing I noticed, was that you can apparently set the "facing" of a monster in ESB. Whenever I attempt to change the "facing" of a worm, it seems to ignore the changes.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Possible bug when placing worms

Post by Sophia »

Checking "validity" is not something ESB does much, nor is it something I want to start doing with it, because it seems like limits just get in the way of smart/crazy dungeon designers. If I keep someone from doing something, at some point, someone will probably have a good reason to. That said, I'll at least fix it so DSB won't crash.

Anyway, ESB ignores worm (or any other size 2 monster) facings that would push the worm into an invalid position. For example, if the worm's head in in the NE of the tile, it can only be facing north or east. You can't set the worm to face south or west in that position.