Possible bug with food and water consumption

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Possible bug with food and water consumption

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've been fiddling around (mostly with the test dungeon) and I noticed that the party's food and water drop very rapidly. I feel that dropping the food/water consumption by 1/2 would improve the situation.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Possible bug with food and water consumption

Post by Sophia »

To be totally honest, these kinds of vague and anecdotal "this doesn't feel right, fix it" bug reports don't help me at all.

If there is something that DSB demonstrably does wrong compared to DM, then I definitely want those kind of bug reports and I'll certainly fix that. Otherwise, keep in mind that the DSB timer runs faster than CSBwin's, by default, but it is (or should be!) using the same formulas otherwise. Also, if you're used to RTC, keep in mind that RTC's formulas aren't actually based on DM, so don't base anything on them.

Anyway, some time when I can be bothered, I'll go through the CSBwin code again and see if I didn't do something wrong, but without something more concrete to go on, it might be a while. :)
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Re: Possible bug with food and water consumption

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I'm sorry I was vague.

But, it's more of a "this doesn't feel right, can you look into it (when you can) and tell me if I'm right, or that I was downright wrong". I know from being a developer myself that something can "feel wrong" and yet everything is working exactly as it should.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone