Triggering Invisible Wall

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Triggering Invisible Wall

Post by Zed5Duke »

When am trigger Invisible wall to disable it, its still wall with difference that now I can see it. In my opinion disable should remove obstacle which is invisible and not leave obstacle just make it visible afterward. This make no sense to me, I remember in RTC it work correct as removing invisible obstacle, so I thought its bug, but already am not sure if that was intended (and what may be its purpose?)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Triggering Invisible Wall

Post by Sophia »

In DSB, objects that are activated are visible and active, while objects that are deactivated are invisible and inactive.
The problem is that an invisible wall is invisible when it's active, giving the definition some problems-- the way I chose to have it work is the opposite of the way you wanted it to work.

Fortunately, this is easy enough to fix. Just place a movablewall on the same square as your invisiblewall and have your trigger target them both. The invisiblewall will disappear, leaving behind an ordinary wall, which will then be removed when the movablewall turns off.