(done) ESB log flush

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
kaypy
Artisan

(done) ESB log flush

Post by kaypy »

Could I request that ESB should flush its log file when it finishes loading a dungeon?

It probably doesn't affect most people, but I'm still tinkering with trying to get this random dungeon generator to be better than "probably solvable" 8-)
Friends don't let friends eat worm round
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: [Feature Request] ESB log flush

Post by Sophia »

By "flush" do you mean write the buffers to disk immediately, or do you mean empty the log?

I don't quite understand what you want to do. :)
kaypy
Artisan

Post by kaypy »

If I load a dungeon in ESB, I cannot see the logs generated in the process until ESB is closed (or enough data is generated to trigger a write). So it would be handy to have the buffers written out at that point so that I can see what is going on. (I'm dumping reams of additional data into the log file for layout debugging purposes)

I can get around it by saving to a temporary file, closing ESB, opening the log, reopening the temporary file, and making sure not to refresh my view of the logfile, but its a bit convoluted...
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

This shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll try to have a new version really soon.
kaypy
Artisan

Re: (done) ESB log flush

Post by kaypy »

No great hurry- I do have a workaround for it 8-)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: (done) ESB log flush

Post by Sophia »

Sorry it took so long to get around to this.

Here's a new DSB.exe and ESB.exe for DSB 0.65. It flushes the logs more often, but if I've failed to anticipate your needs, I've also added a __flush command that you can use to manually flush the buffers.