DSB Questions And Comments

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Captainx01
Neophyte

DSB Questions And Comments

Post by Captainx01 »

Hello Sophia,

I have spent the last 5 hours reading through much of the work that has been done to create DSB. First, let me say congratulations on a successful project. Creating software is no easy task, I know. :? From the research I have done so far, it looks like many features have been implemented and this is good news. However, I have to wonder about a few things and I would like to bring them up here, if I may:

1. Was a mini map or some type of player map system ever finalized or created for DSB, so players don't have to create their own paper and pencil dungeon map?

2. In DSB, all this wonderful work has been created, and yet I still have to play the game in a tiny screen(320 x 267) ? Even 640 x 480 by today's standards would be considered very small. Is a way to create a larger game screen?

Thank you,

CX
Play DungeonGuild, the Retro Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game! Visit DungeonTreasure.com (*Bows to Alandale and Solito!*)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: DSB Questions And Comments

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi Captainx

I'm sure Sophia can give you more detailed answers, but here's my quick understanding:

1) Not officially. But there is a working automap that can be added to dungeons quite easily: http://dungeon-master.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&p=139531

2) Open up your DSB.INI file and change the line Windowed = 1 to Windowed = 0 - then set your video-card software to scale fullscreen apps to the size of your monitor and maintain aspect ratio.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

One issue with DSB's graphics is that, not only is it based on an old game, but DSB itself is nearly ten years old. It wasn't based on cutting-edge graphics technology even for 2006, but what was perfectly reasonable back then is starting to look extremely dated by today's standards. This is one of those things that I hope to address... eventually. (Maybe by 2026...?)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

10 years old!? Now that makes *me* feel old! :shock: