DSB Version 0.70

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

DSB Version 0.70

Post by Sophia »

What's new:

- Added prestartup.lua to allow custom code to run before the majority of system scripts run
- Added graphics_paths and sound_paths tables stored in graphics.cfg and sound.cfg to allow different paths for base graphics and sounds
- Kept internal condition bitmaps from being accidentally trashed by the Lua garbage collector
- Added support for a secondary image for wall windows that can be larger than the wall that contains them
- Added ability to specify static images for wallitems at different ranges
- Added dynamic_shade arch property to control whether floor/wallitems are dynamically shaded
- Added door_draw_info table to give more control over how doors are drawn
- Added extra properties to gui_info.guy_icons to control the size of the icons
- Added multidraw arch property to circumvent DM-style wallitem drawing
- Added LeaderVision ini option to rotate the view when the party leader rotates
- Modified most functions that play sounds to optionally take a table of sounds and choose from it randomly
- Passing a sound handle of -1 to dsb_stopsound will now stop all playing sounds
- An icon specified for inventory_info.exitbox is now actually drawn
- Changed clickable flooritems to never be restricted to one clickable item per tile
- Moved the list of ammo storing locations out of local variables in attack methods
- Added additional renderer hooks to make changes to graphics in custom dungeons easier
- Fixed a bug in the throwtrolin importable archetype
- Fixed some internal message queue stuff that should hopefully make tracking down future bugs easier

Download it here
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: DSB Version 0.70

Post by Gambit37 »

OMG wow! This is amazing! What a wonderful early Christmas present. :o :shock: :o :shock:

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this. It's fantastic that you're still supporting us crazies! I take my hat off to you. (I actually don't wear hats, but if I had one, I would certainly doff it furiously in your direction.) :D :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Couple of questions:

What's a use case for putting scripts in prestartup.lua vs startup.lua (and the startup manifest) ?
For the new multidraw property, should I set it for ALL items that I want on the same tile? And presumably it's a boolean?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Code that is in prestartup.lua runs before all of the scripts in base/ including before loading custom graphics. This can be useful if you need to redefine functions that run at startup but isn't ordinarily needed.

Yes, multidraw is a boolean. DSB will draw a wallitem if any of the following conditions are true:
:arrow: Multiple wallitems per wall are allowed
:arrow: The multidraw property is true for that arch
:arrow: It is the last wallitem on the wall

This means that in your use case you only need to set it for your 'background' item.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Great, thank you. I have some questions about the subrenderer changes, but I'll start a new thread for that.
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Post by meadwarrior »

Awesome! Thanks for the update, some very interesting new features in there!
I especially like the possibility to have custom perspective graphics for wallitems.
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Thanks again for all your work Sophie.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Don't thank me yet. This version is kinda broken. Time to upgrade!