My new webpage

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Rasmus
Ee Master

My new webpage

Post by Rasmus »

As some of you have noticed my webpage dmtribute.webs.com are no longer avalible.
I was having some problems with the webhotel was handeling my accont.. The editing was slow, it was very expencive having a somewhat large storingspace and the bandwidth was slow..
So now I have a gotten a new webpage from one.com. I have gotten some got recommendations from it and I am happy with it so far. I could store 10 gb for a fraction of the price webs.com was charging for 500 mb.

So my new webpage are http://www.rasmus-dev.com/

I have also started up the dmtribute.webs site just to say that it has moved to this new adress..

So if any admin (like lets say Christophe :P) see this, he could change dungeon master tribute link in the "Quick Links" to this adress. The name can stay the same :)
Otherwise I can mail him later..
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: My new webpage

Post by ChristopheF »

Done!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Congratulations on your new web page, Rasmus! May God bless her and everything you put on her! :)

"Rasmus Game Developments" - sounds like you're launching a business. :wink:

"My experience with game development - Under construction.." :mrgreen:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

@Christophe:
Thanks for the quick reply, but it seems like it hasn't changed, I am still poping up at the old page "dmtribute.webs.com".. I wanted it to change to the link "http://www.rasmus-dev.com/".. Thanks ahead :)

@Jan:
Well thank you Jan, I wanted a more general name because the site will contains more than just DMT games :)
"My experience with game development - Under construction.." :mrgreen:
Hehe, I did notice that myself after I put it there, but at that point I was to tierd to change it. Besides, I thought it was alittle bit funny :)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Reminds me to ask for the CSBwin3D-source to make it fit on my notebook (but I'm very busy anyway...). Still those texture problems - the editor works.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

No problem bit, you will recive a PM soon..
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

@Rasmus
You must have the script with old links in your browser cache. Please force a full refresh of the page in your browser by pressing CTRL-F5. It works fine for me.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Yeah, I can see that the fault was on me. Thanks :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

"(By "Under construction" I mean the page!)" :mrgreen:

Is this a final design of the page, Rasmus, or is this some sort of an "interim" stage? I mean, for example, the dark blue strip below the picture in the heading (with the name of the chosen category) is wrongly aligned: on the left it overlays the "Categories" column by ca 1 mm, on the right it is too short by the same ca 1 mm. I would also center the "Rasmus game developments" heading. Well, the whole design looks too minimalistic to me and a little bit "slapdash", if you don't mind me saying that (I hope you don't mind) - that's why I think it's just an interim stage.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Accually I wanted the site to get resized with the page, but the online webcreator had some problems with this.. So I threw something I thought looked okey for now, just wanted to be able to share the files again.
I will give it a go soon and fix the page..

And I don't mind you saying it, I want you to critisise as much as posible:)
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Webpagelayout updated :)
(Press F5 if it is still the original layout)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Very cool! :D

Well, could I have two suggestions, please?

1. Have you thought about a fixed width of the page (leaving the margins white of grey or so)? On a wide screen, reading a 50 cms long lines is a neck-breaking scenario. And it would also solve my second idea:

2. The repeated image on the background of the heading - with a strong and center-oriented motive (gate) - looks a bit strange when repeated 2.5 times on a wide screen. If you had a fixed width, it would enable you to have only one image on the background (not repeated). Alternatively, of course, there's a possibility to choose an image that looks unrepeated when actually repeated (ugh - if you know what I mean :wink: ).

I don't know. These are just my thoughts. Perhaps silly. :wink:
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

No prob, I know about the image. But I haven't thought about the text, will have it fixed in a week or so ;)
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Did a temp fix to the image, don't know what to do about the text at the moment..
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I was actually suggesting having a fixed width for the whole page (something like my brother did for our "scientific" project: http://lucc.ic.cz/), not only the text. But there's no need to listen to my advice - I'm just a nagging amateur. :wink:
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Yeah, but that is how I had it first. The problem there was that the borders made the website look very centered on a widescreen monitor, and I couldn't expand the width to much either because then it wouldn't fit on a regular 4:3 monitor.
So it is either one or the other, and as this dm forum also use 100 % border width I thought it was going to be okey ;)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Rasmus wrote:Did a temp fix to the image, don't know what to do about the text at the moment..
Do a permanent fix (/me points on typos) :mrgreen:
nonono - i won't do it - MasterWuuf would ask me if I made this with an automated translator. 8)