Newcomer \(^o^')/

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
DarkGiver
Neophyte

Newcomer \(^o^')/

Post by DarkGiver »

Hello all !

I'm 37 and come from Switzerland.

I first played Dungeon Master on Amiga, long time ago... and like most of you, it was mermorable. I finished it several times, and enjoyed his sequel Chaos strikes back a lot as well as all the games from the same type like Black Crypt, Eye of the beholder.. and many others...

Time has passed, games evolved, but i think the old good dungeon crawler style is not dead. Legend of Grimrock's success proved it. And the renewal of retrogaming as well as the capabilities offered by many new plateforms like android and ios open new horizons.

This is by curiosity or by nostalgy i discovered this forum, and this community
And maybe because i still have a dream, doing my own dungeon master like game...(^_^')

Best regards,

DarkGiver
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Newcomer \(^o^')/

Post by Ameena »

Heya, welcome to the forum :D. There are plenty of DM clones and stuff available for you to play - fan-made versions like Return to Chaos (RTC) and Dungeon Strikes Back (DSB), and a port of the Atari version, CSBWin. There are also a bunch of custom dungeons made within the various different versions, so you certainly won't be lacking for DM-related content if you want to play new dungeons :). And of course, you can make your own in the editors that come with each version as well if you have the patience and the know-how.
There are threads all over the place dedicated to various dungeons, dungeon-related games, gaming in general, and stuff outside of that too if you care to have a poke about and investigate all the stuff that's here. I expect some other people will be along to say hello shortly ;).
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

plenty of stuff to check, welcome DarkGiver.
keep your gor coin handy
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Welcome DarkGiver! I know what you mean about it being memorable - even though it was well over 20 years ago I still think that my clearest gaming memories are from DM.

You say that Curiosity/nostalgia brought you here...was it Grimrock that reminded you of your old dungeon-crawling days?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forums!
DarkGiver
Neophyte

Post by DarkGiver »

Thank you for your warm welcome ! m(_ _)m

Indeed Grimrock reminded the old goods days.. but i never really forgotten Dungeon Masters. But i was very disapointed by Dungeon Master II

Well... for now, time has come to return to my secret project :

And yes.. i know.. the mummy is ugly lol but it's my test monster.... (^_^') for my test characters
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hey, it will only get better. I noticed the runes are separate for each character. that's interesting.
keep your gor coin handy