Been looking for a specific clone I found years ago.

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Pint
Neophyte

Been looking for a specific clone I found years ago.

Post by Pint »

Good day!

Many many years ago I stumbled on a DM and CSB clone whose art and feel was taken more from the SNES version of the game rather then amiga. I got about half way through the game on that clone and then deployed to Iraq, lost the file and was never able to find it again. I found the file between 2003-2005.

I know this is not a lot to go on, as many clones have been done successfully over the years. One thing I remember from the dev's description of the game was that he/she tried to get everything as close as possible, but that "It might take 9 throws to level a ninja to 3 instead of 10". Now every now and then I spend an hour or so trying to find this clone, and in 10 years of looking have yet to (re)stumble across it.

This is really a two part question, I would love someone to say "O ya you mean so and so's clone", but baring that if I wanted more SNES graphics and interface then what would the best clone be?

I really appreciate anyone's time and effort in giving me some guidance, this is the first time I have attempted to enlist someone else s help in finding it.

PoB
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Been looking for a specific clone I found years ago.

Post by Sophia »

The quote you might be thinking of is "please don't be surprised if it takes 47 swings of a club to gain a ninja level in DM, but only 46 in RTC," which is about Return to Chaos. That said, RTC's graphics are very much based on the Amiga (or Atari ST) version, not SNES.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Why not play the SNES version itself? Playing with an emulator
should work well on any PC with a Pentium-class processor.

I am not aware of any clone such as you describe.
Pint
Neophyte

Post by Pint »

Sophia wrote:The quote you might be thinking of is "please don't be surprised if it takes 47 swings of a club to gain a ninja level in DM, but only 46 in RTC," which is about Return to Chaos. That said, RTC's graphics are very much based on the Amiga (or Atari ST) version, not SNES.

Holy shit. That's it, for some reason my memory of the games graphics made me think SNES not amiga, which seems to have sent my searching askew. I knew it was the right one as soon as I saw the portraits from the side where you can see which champ it is before turning into it, and that the portrait seems to have 'glare' on it from a glass frame.

From now on when ever anyone asks me a "whats your favorite......?" type of question I will instantly interrupt them and yell Sophia. Any top ten list that does not end with 1.Sophia is automatically invalid and must be purged from the internet, the type or context of the list does not matter. Any word with positive connotation can be replaced with 'Sophia' and the grammar will Sophia as well. Any t-shirt I see with out a logo will automatically be assumed to be awaiting its Sophia logo upgrade. I can do this all day, but alas I have a game to Sophia.

PoB
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

^^^ This has got to be the best thing I've seen on the internet for a long time :-)