New 3.5 DM seeking exprienced player's advice

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
princessludwig
Neophyte

New 3.5 DM seeking exprienced player's advice

Post by princessludwig »

Hello!

I recently started a fresh campaign for my brother and his friends. They are currently lvl 2. I am having trouble adjusting the monster manual core book for a five person party. I am not using any pre-made scenarios. I created the world they are playing in from scratch. If anyone has any tips for making the game run smoothly, please let me know!

Much appreciated. :)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: New 3.5 DM seeking exprienced player's advice

Post by Sophia »

This forum is for a computer game called "Dungeon Master," not for tabletop DMs. :)

You might want to try http://www.thecbg.org/
I'm a member there and they're quite helpful and full of good ideas when it comes to running campaigns and creating worlds.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: New 3.5 DM seeking exprienced player's advice

Post by Ameena »

Thar said, welcome to the forums - a bunch of us do tabletop RPGs anyway (either at actual tabletops or via forum-based games or similar), so feel free to stick around and chat about that stuff anyway :). I've played a bunch of such RPGs including DnD, mainly DnD 4th Edition. I've done a bit of 3.5 in forum-based games but am not really a major expert on it or anything.