Hi there :)

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Anna Bury
Neophyte

Hi there :)

Post by Anna Bury »

Hi guys,

I'm a member of a small indie team currently working on a PC game that you may find interesting (yup, it's a fantasy dungeon crawler ;) ).

I wanted to post something about it a few days ago, but it seems my post wasn't accepted by a moderator (although I haven't received a message saying so). Do you have any restrictions concerning new users' posts (like, not posting links, or something like that)?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Hi there :)

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi there and welcome :)

I'm one of the admins/moderators here and I don't recall seeing your post, so maybe one of the other staff handled it.

We don't have any specific rules on people not being able to post links in their first posts, but we don't necessarily allow every first post that does include links. ;)

Moderators are trusted to make that call on a case-by-case basis, so a first post that looks spammy and includes lots of links probably won't be approved. But a first post that has one link and a good introduction (and it's clear that the member is going to stick around and contribute to the forum) will more likely be approved.

Our forum is about engagement with each other, it's not a free marketing billboard, so we are very cautious to approve anyone who may be trying to use it that way. So we'd love to have you post about your game and tell us more about it... :D
Anna Bury
Neophyte

Post by Anna Bury »

Gambit37 wrote:Our forum is about engagement with each other, it's not a free marketing billboard, so we are very cautious to approve anyone who may be trying to use it that way.
I see your point and totally agree with it, I hate pushy marketing myself. In fact, I stumbled upon your forum because someone has already posted here a thread on our game (a pleasant surprise, considering the fact it's still in development and we've just started building awareness for it ).

Sorry if my first post sounded like a complaint. There aren't many forums dedicated to the dungeon crawler genre, so I'm quite determined to get some feedback from you in order to make our game better :)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I rejected a post from you because it looked like a duplicate of a post you'd already made that had already been approved. Sorry for any difficulties.

The good news is that now that you've made a couple of valid posts you won't be subject to moderation any more so this won't create any more problems for you.