Wall Object Conversion

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Wall Object Conversion

Post by Saumun »

I want to create a wall object that converts via a punch, kick, or weapon attack (and nothing else).
The tabs under 'convert' are all 'clicks' for wall objects. Is there a way around this?
Many thanks for any help....
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: Wall Object Conversion

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

you could try making the wall a door with wall bitmaps. maybe a monster in the wall with wall bitmaps -1 move.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: Wall Object Conversion

Post by Seriously Unserious »

the best idea I can think of would be to use the convert on destroy option and assign the object some amount of health points above 0 and set it to destructible.

If you don't want spells to affect it, one option would be to play around with putting a trigger in front of it that's activated by things like fireballs, and lightning bolts that triggers an action to explode spells, that should prevent spells from reaching that object, unless a player stands right in front of the wall and foolishly fires away, badly hurting themselves in the process. You would likely need 2 triggers for this, 1 for fireballs and 1 for lightning bolts and have both set to "on or above trigger", I don't think any other spells could harm a wall object anyways so no need to worry about anything else.