Making invisble buttons appear

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zargon
Novice

Making invisble buttons appear

Post by Zargon »

Hi - just starting to use RTC editor - experimenting with triggers at the mo.

I'd like to make it so that a green button appears for a few seconds if you press another button (and thereby to create a speed puzzle)

I've tried setting the initial state of the green button to invisible, and then toggling it using the other button (which also activates a delayed relay to toggle the green button back again), but this doesn't seem to work (although this trick does work for alcoves, keyholes and fountains). Neither does activating it / de-activating it.

Any clues?

Cheers

Zargon.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: Making invisble buttons appear

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

you can use a wall to make invisible visible in front of the visible button.
keep your gor coin handy
Zargon
Novice

Post by Zargon »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:you can use a wall to make invisible visible in front of the visible button.
You could indeed do this - thank you.

I've just tried toggling all the different types of switches between invisible and visible - it doesn't work except for tiny switches and eye switches. Ho ho ho - this will be fun. You could create a room called "now you see me, now you don't", where you need to keep pressing tiny buttons that only appear for a second before they vanish again, and if you don't get the right combo, pits appear in the floor that drop you down to a dragon's lair. Mwahaha! :twisted:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hahaha, don't make it too hard, you want people to finish it :)

you can do almost anything with the RTC engine, just fool with it, it takes time but once you've imprinted it on the mind you'll start to get creative ideas, they'll amplify your creativeness. one thing is for sure, you can FAKE anything to make it work, it's still programming even if it is outside the box. don't ever let one way thinking control what you think you can do, in other words listen to yourself, try things you're told you can't do. like trying to fit a square in a circle, you can do it if you look at it from a larger perspective, and the answer would be to increase the size of the circle or reduce the size of the square. nobody said it had to be perfect, that's the biggest mistake people make. life doesn't work that way either. just when we thought we had it all figured out :)

RTC will have some powerful Dungeons coming out in the future, this I can see. if only GG would finish his work.
keep your gor coin handy