Potion strength

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Neilski
Novice

Potion strength

Post by Neilski »

Have cloned a VI potion just to basically call it by a new name. But the strength of it seems far too strong, it is healing 160 points of damage and the strength of it is only set at 1. Even a first level VI spell is healing this much - whats going on? - I only want it to heal about 12 points of damage.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: Potion strength

Post by Saumun »

I was off-radar when this was posted and have only just seen it.

I set up a system in my last 2 dungeons, to make stat enhancing potions wear off more quickly than they do in regular rtc. I thought this should be solvable by the same basic process but without the repeating relays ticking away at the numbers. Turns out i was wrong and some weird stuff was happening. I'll have to give this one some more thought.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Is it possible to subtract 148 health points from the 160 to give 12 health? Where the hell is George when we need him?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I'm really not sure how exact it can be!
It SHOULD be possible to control it via the cloned potion targeting two actions with differing values (boost character - one positive and one negative), but i've had trouble doing it.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Just began to hack with those values, guess I'll have to spend some time goofing with it to see what it can do. Got to be in the right mood to play with it, a glass of wine sure helps to break out of the box. I am struggling with how to activate and deactivate loops with detecting who did the activating. Having to use step movement to check values. Thanks for showing me that a relay can break a loop, need to fiddle with that some more. I have a ton of questions to ask, to be honest I know little about the editor, still have lots to learn, more fun :)
keep your gor coin handy