Issue compiling/testing custom dungeon

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
pinkfairyboy
Neophyte

Issue compiling/testing custom dungeon

Post by pinkfairyboy »

I have the suspicious feeling i'm 7 years late with this, but I enjoy the game so much that i'm desperate for a solution to my problem. Essentially I've created half a dungeon with RTC editor and the game hits me with "critical error; can't open file: __" when I try to run the game with an extra line of code in the config.txt file for testing my dungeon. I've restarted and everything and i'm feeling pretty alone due to the fact that the game is so dated and the community is so small. I'll be pleasantly surprised with a reply to this, and even moreso with a solution. Thank you in advance
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Issue compiling/testing custom dungeon

Post by Gambit37 »

It's been a long time since I've done any RTC editing. Can you paste your config.txt here so we can see what's in there?
pinkfairyboy
Neophyte

Post by pinkfairyboy »

Gambit37 wrote:It's been a long time since I've done any RTC editing. Can you paste your config.txt here so we can see what's in there?
The config.txt file is identical to how it was when i downloaded it, except for one line of text added in after everything, like this: http://imgur.com/YRfUTm1

Perhaps the location of the line within that document is the issue, and I'm supposed to put it somewhere else?
pinkfairyboy
Neophyte

Post by pinkfairyboy »

Update: I seem to have solved it, it was something silly of me in the end. I copy + pasted the line of text i added in from the "editing.txt" readme file, substituting in the filename of my dungeon. What I didn't spot was that the line of text had a "/new" folder that I didn't, and the game was obviously looking for a file in a folder that didn't exist. I simply removed "/new" from the line of text and everything sorted itself out. :)