TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Post by Gambit37 »

Do you remember the old pbm games (Play by Mail). Imagine trying to sell that idea to the current gaming kids!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Never participated, but yes I do. I think corded phones are a hard enough sell, without trying to convince them that we used to game that way :D
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

beowuuf wrote: Is there still an interest to see this done after all this time?
Yes, definitely! It would be really nice to have a memento of the game.
beowuuf wrote:Taht was about it, more just to have an excuse to say 'hey' as anything else, since we never did get to play in another game together all together :(
"Hey" back! Yes, sad that we could not arrange a follow-up. :(
That said, like you and Ian random business has gone up a lot this year, so I would have been a bit more sporadic with my posts. Or else I would have been regular with my posts, and a bit more sporadic with my work. I am not sure which.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

oh_brother wrote:That said, like you and Ian random business has gone up a lot this year, so I would have been a bit more sporadic with my posts. Or else I would have been regular with my posts, and a bit more sporadic with my work. I am not sure which.
Yes, yes, yes, I do see that there is a real dilemma here. In that, while it has been this forum's policy to regard work as a responsibility of workers and posting as a responsibility of posters, the questions of working on posts can cause confusion between the posting of work and the work on posting, especially when responsibility for the posting of the work of posting conflicts, or overlaps with, responsibility for the working on the posting of work.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Jan, you would have been great playing Sir Humphrey Appleby in Yes Minister. You really have British humour nailed.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Never stop, Jan, never stop :D

And yeah, I was lucky you guys managed to fight for some time when you all got busy to finish up the game, can't believe it went two years! Hard to maintain that commitment level, hence my reluctance to host again, and even to have played in a post-intensive game again (shakes fist at Ameena)