DM themed play-by-post D&D game : STORY THREAD

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: DM themed play-by-post D&D game : STORY THREAD

Post by beowuuf »

The air elemental moved, and nothing happened. It took a moment for everyone to realise it had bowed in respect to the maruafu. - a child of nature, as always, it is why our one chose you -. The air elemental then did shift around, spinning and turning as if dancing.

The first Ameena felt of anything happening was a feeling of being scooped by something flat and solid. There was nothing there, but suddenly the weight of Ameena's body disappeared, as if she were floating in water with her feet barely touchign the bottom. A second later the seonsation did not really change, except Ameena had now changed position - her legs were dangling over water.

WHOOSH!

Wherther it was a natural sound or a call fro mthe elemental; was unclear, all that was clear was that Ameena had disappeared!

To Ameena herself, suddenly there was a rushign sensation as she was catapulted right up the pit with a sharp motion. For a moment there was the beginnings of weight, as the parabola of the throw came to an end. She was barely beside the pit's edge. And then suddenly that feeling of weightlessness was back. She could just abotu see the pit's edge come towards her in an easy manner, as if it was unreal. It was like the time when Ameena had seen her own body, and the dark murafu that was somehow Dolo, tied to the dark stone. Except this time, the surroundings were perfecly crisp, and there was no evil murafu regarding her. This time, the movement was smooth and easy and effortless.

The weight returned to Ameena's body only once her feet were against the rock of the edge of the pit. - sorry for showing off, we get so little chance these days - said the elemental.

Ameena did not hear Petal's question below, or else she might have realised why there was an odd tingle running through her tiny form. Instead, it seemed to be a by-product of the leap through the air.

So is Ameena yelling 'again, again!' or is she now firmly holding on to the ground?

Deephold bit his lip from the teasing of the pixie, however her serious follow up question took his attention. While the dwarf and pixie engaged in conversation, the elemental came back and respectfully lifted Haynuus upwards, apparently able to take Helm aswell. Haynuus was treated to a slowler lift (maybe Helm affected the speed), and he could see his legs dangling below the bulge of his artifical stomach. At least it gave him somewhere to rest his arms. Helm, at the other side, was lifted gently, and he looked as if he were simply sleeping vertically. Hopefully, that was metaphorically true. The circlet tried to help him, but apparently the last time Haynuus had been through this place, he had let Falkor and Westian be excited over the VI altars, and had been more concerned with guard duty. Memories could onyl go so far, it seemed.

Especailly when every time he tried to recall the alternative memories, there was a strange bright light in his mind. His alternative self in his memories actually shielded its eyes from the sight. Even though, in that alterative time, there had been no light. Wait, or had there..?

Haynuus's feet touched the ground besde Ameena without his realising, the odd memories taking away his attention. Silently, Helm was laid down at the feet of Ameena and Haynuus.

Meanwhile, Deephold was answering Petal's question. "No, I feel nothing, noble pixie. However, I have come to suspect your senses to the natural world are far more developed than those who study the ways of magic and prayer instead of live naturally in their flow." Deephold was concerned, tapping his chin. He was distracted enough that he did not realise why Petal started speakign to the group as a whole. His eyes went wide as he realised the air elemental had silently lifted him upwards.

"What?" he said, starting to panic. He then flew briefly out of Petal's sight, who had matched the drift of Deephold perfectly with her flying. Deephold's shock luckily did not translate to noise as he was grabbed at the top by the air elemental again and gently placed down on the group.

- i did not wish you to slip - explained the air elemental, although there was a tone of mischief to that windy voice. Its none then because as serious as Petal's earlier, when it answered the pixie's question when its attention was caught. - The thing is bright. Yet is has no energy. The thing has a form. Yet it is not there. And the thing is hungry. Many creatures is has consumed, though for now it spits them out, traumatised. -

Ok, all you guys are now at the top of the pit. I assume you want to go back? This is a 'srot yourselves out, react, and ask any more questions / decide on an apporach backwards (quiet as Petal suggests?) These will be sort of the last posts of this thread. It's been a good thread to us for many a year, seen characters come (lukcily none go, well, maybe an NPC or two) but to mark the end of the game I'm creating a new thread to bring all you guys together again. Just shy of the big 100 too! Thoguh technically, when I merge the other threads, it will be like 110 or 120 posts, so we actually sailed passed it already!

And also, I'll reveal the title of the game! Ameena, not your title, though you need to tell people it at some point. And not a good title. But a title nontheless, to finalyl differentiate it from Raixel's new game :)
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Petal laughs at the party flying around and joins them at the top. She is glad the elemental didnt try and lift her up the cliff, too.

She stops laughing when she hears the words of the elemental. "Following us, it is?" she asks it.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Haynuus was surprisingly relaxed at having been catapalted through the air by an invisible hand. It's magic Jim, but not as we know it, was how his old shaman once described to a friend his divining trick in the camp fire. It seemed a perfectly reasonable extension of nature back then, and the air elemental is indeed a force of nature in Haynuus's mind right now... Not like the magic of chaos.

Petal's warning left the half-orc a little more uneasy. It was like they were fast moving between a hammer and an anvil. His already unsettled stomach was telling him that great things would soon happen, and that he'd need to bring a big sword.

"Lets go."
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

As she is lifted into the air, Ameena feels a sense of excitement beyond anything she's felt since she's been down here in this dark and horror-filled place. The sensation of being lifted by nothing else other than the Air itself is just so...so...well, she can't think of a term suitable enough for it. But it's certainly absolutely, incredibly, and amazingly something. Something very, very good and which she'd love to experience again. To be actually picked up, touched by one of the Elements in this way...what an experience! She feels like it's some kind of...what's the word...an honour. Yes...one of those. One of the great Elements, which helps shape not just the world but every living thing within it, has chosen to lift her up, and carry her, even if only for a very short time. Now this is something she'll want to tell other murafu, when she can see them again...
As she is set back onto the ground at the top of the pit, whiskers vibrating in high excitement, she attempts to articulate some of her feelings by way of some kind of vocal expression.
"I...um...I...that was...well...um...well, yes, thank you...and...and...and...I'd love to do that again some day. Murafu don't have wings, of course, but I suppose now I have some idea of what it's like to fly..."
She is dancing excitedly from foot to foot as she speaks, and looks over to Petal as soon as the pixie comes into view.
"Wow, is that what it's like for you all the time?" she asks. "Flying is fun! I'm glad I got to try it. Sort of. I mean...if that counts (OOC - phew, typoed that word but managed to spot it and change it ;)) as flying. Well, it was moving through the air. With the air. By the Air. Um. Anyway. Um. Maybe we should...go on back to the cave where the Water is, and..."
Her gaze falls on the body of Helm and it is to her sorrow that she feels her excitement fade. There are things which still need to be dealt with...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Aww, I give the murafu a little fun and wonder, and then its snatched back again by the icky dungeon evil. :(

- it does not follow you, unless you know more than we. It sits. It hungers. It challenges. - there is a change in tone from the air elemental, and unaccustomed note of distaste in their usually wonderous speech that perhaps hints at why there was so great an anger and fear anf frustration in its fellows before, beyond the normal. - It. Is. Stillness. -

The way the elemental says it, a normal mortal would be speaking of Death incarnate.

As one, the group, led by the air elemental, retrace their steps.

And that's a simple little end to this thread! All 98 and a bit pages of it! What's in the cavern? Speculate all you like, I'll post a finale thread at some point today once I close off the other thread! :D