DM themed play-by-post D&D game : STORY THREAD

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Re: DM themed play-by-post D&D game : STORY THREAD

Post by raixel »

"Out of here, we should get!" Petal says emphatically, as she darts away from the shaking rock door. She doesnt feel like having a baseball sized chunk of rock land on her.
"For one, I, this priest would like destroyed to see." she tells the group, her eyes blazing. "To balance, he is an affront. Destroyed he must be, the taint otherwise he will spread."
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - You wouldn't have needed to roll damage, I don't think, Ian, unless the rules for 3.5 are different - a nat-20 is a crit which means you automatically do max dam :twisted:. Anyway, I thought there were four grak-graks - what happened to the other two? Did they bugger off at some point en route to this room and I missed it?

BIC - Ameena looks with relief at the door as it closes, sealing behind it the grak-graks, at least for now. She agrees with Petal's pronouncement but doesn't really pay too much attention to such things at the moment.
Instead, she goes over to the limp body of Helm. She nudges it with her nose, smelling the dead smell and wishing his proper, living smell would come back. Normally, of course, dead things are dead and that's all there is to it. But not down here. Down here, things are different...
She looks up at everyone else.
"How do we bring him back?" she asks.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Rules for 3.5 are different, it's just an auto0-hit. If you roll high enouigh, nat 20 on base weapons, 19-20 or even lower on other weapons, then you get rto roll a second roll to see if the attack does critical damage. In which case, you get to roll damage again. Some weapons have x3 damage also. I simplified it back down to max damage on the dice, since the average is almost the same, and the fact is slightly lower is balanced by the ability to miss your critical roll. The other two grtak-graks were ordereed by - as you now know - Dolo to go through the invisible wall in the room that will eventually lead to Soorec's other room. Remember how some grak-graks sprang from nowhere? So yeah, those two were out of the way. I guess Dolo didn't trust controlling four of them at once if Soorec suspected anything.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Oh yeah, I forgot they went through the wall, oops lol. Those crit rules sound confusing, lol...I know in 4th that if the crit roll beats the defence of the target, you do max damage, but if it doesn't (ie at levels where mobs have defences significantly higher than 20) it's still an auto-hit. The way it is in 3.5 sounds a bit like the Righteous Fury thing in the Warhammer 40k games (eg Dark Heresy). Anyway, I hope we get Helm back...if I remember rightly I think a while back you said we could all ask for something we wanted for our chars and I think the thing I asked for on Ameena's behalf was to get Helm back and safe and all that. She at least wants the chance to apologise for leaving him behind, even though she knows that wasn't her fault and all that. She wants to make it up with him somehow, or something. So I'm still hoping we'll find a nice Vi altar at some point, and not an icky one with the rune defaced and grak-graks all over the place :D.
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Haynuus looks at the magic sword with his mouth open. A normal creature would have just caved in with such a frenzied assault but the grak-grak thing actually had a concaved head now, and it's mirrored imaged owner would be having quite a hang over when he woke up. Satisfied that it was chat time amongst his fellow party members he pocketed his OH blade and hefted the somewhat dusty corpse of Helm over his shoulder. Helm's whole attire was getting somewhat pungent, dusty and torn now but with a little of Ameena's effort he'd soon be changing his own underwear once more. What joy that would be!

"Don't know Ameena, but we must move soon as Petal said. I think those things have no mind to control them now, so we must be aware of yet more wandering around." It was a good question, where to go? In his mind they should go back to where Westian would wait for them, if it were even possible to do so. There were so many bad memories to back that way though. The other route through to the black skulls may well be the better route as the grak-graks would find greater resistance there against other humans.

"Amena, what do you?... Smell?" He was hoping for a little divine intervention here now. He cast a glance to Deephold for any opinion. Both ways meant that they were running once more.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ameena watches as Haynuus picks up the body of her friend, then gives the half-orc a puzzled look at his question.
"I...can smell things, yes..." she says, uncertainly. "My nose hasn't stopped working..."
She looks around.
"Which way should we go?" she asks. "We need to find the rest of the pieces, but..."
She trails off, looking up at Helm's body as Haynuus holds it.
"There are other things we should do as well..."
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Deephold might have looked a little taken aback by Petal's fury, but it was also clear that he held the same views. Deephold might have wished to ensure the safety of the group, however he also held the natural righteous fury of any who opposed Larethian. And Lolth the demon queen was certainly that thing. The fact the priest seemed to be able to pick them off with grak-grak and mental attacks seemed to solidify the plan in the dwarf's mind.

"Yes, we must bring Helm back. In the days of Chaos I understand sacred altars were in many places, mocking those who would fall. Or to ensure they remained sporting. I do not know where such devices would be now, if the Grey Lord would have removed them or kept them to aid those who explored the dungeon. I have never been a part of such a team." Deephold considered things. "Dolo fears death, certainly. And his experiments are certainly not on the level of the gnome mage." Deephold shuddered. "I would wager he had such a device, somewhere, not so corrupted we could not use it."

Deephold seemed to be moving towards his main intention. "I would vote for returning to the cavern and leaving Helm in the care of the elementals. For all we know, Westian has returned. After all, he must be alive, for both Soorec and the priest were striving to know what Westian was up to." Clearly, Deephold was a little curious too, though he had been told of Westian's intention to be a distraction to allow Deephold's rescue. Deephold continued, "And then moving back in to the priest's domain, we can do what must be done." He said this with some awkwardness, yet also with resoluteness. "We can secure an altar that way, and a striking point to strike at the heart of the soldiers that have taken this place." Deephold seemed eager to point out the benefits of the plan now, though there was something in how he spoke that made it clear these points were afterthoughts to get the others to agree. "After all, the priest must have studied the soul stone. There may be clues to the other parts, if you all think it important we recover the parts." It was at this time Deephold realised the warmth in the stone he carried, and realised what it was Ameena possessed, and the effect the two had. "And while Dolo has control of the Soorec's loathesome creations, it is certain not total control. Or even control he still possesses. You told me these creatures were not allowed in Soorec's domain," (you know, when you guys were sitting aroudn i nthe cavern and telling him what you were all doing) "and I doubt he would have taken one in since. His domain will be free of their insanity, althoguh we must fear the 'ordinary' undead the priest would have with him."

The pounding at the rock wall was getting more insistent, not less. Clearly, Petal's consternation was valid, and the group should move sooner rather than later. Theer was the danger that the noise could also attract attention, if there was anyone close by.

Ok, so Deephold has weighed in. He's happy to go after the priest, though seems to think goign the long way is a good idea. Remmeber, there was that tributary you had to cross coming off the river that might - might - be a short cut back to the cavern. Maybe. Certainyl, that area is liekly to be free of grak-graks because it messed up Soorec's control. Though naturally, they might not care. Who knows...

Also remember Haynuus and Ameena can try a very concerted effort to access their alternative memories, to see if they recall this area for their future lives. Or perhaps recall the location of a Vi altar. I think I hinted in the future it was very likely someone was killed and had to be ressurected.

Also, Ameena should be able to scent grak-graks by now and be able to avoid them. Although that is a limited range ability, really, so you'd only really get a warning and not be able to anti-track routes. Well, you coudl try, I'm just not going to guarantee success :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ameena thinks on the matter, then gives a nervous glance toward the wall beside them, the one that is really a door and may well not last too long with a pair of grak-graks clawing at it.
"I think...I think it would be a good idea to get away from here, first." she says. "I can smell our way back - it shouldn't be hard, since after all we've only just come this way. Then I think we'd better talk about where to...well, you know, look for things."
She gives a nervous glance at the door/wall, slightly worried in case a Certain Someone has taken over the grak-graks again and might possibly hear what she's saying.

OOC - Ameena is up for basically legging it from this spot right now, before the grak-graks break through, and then talking about stuff once they reach a safer area. Stuff like killing priests and finding a Vi altar can be discussed at that point too. For the moment, she's too worried about the angry predators on the other side of the weakening wall ;).

Post by raixel »

Petal frowns when the others talk about bringing Helm back to life. In her beliefs to do that goes against the Balance, as you can not bring back that which has gone on to its next Cycle. But she keeps quiet as she realizes the others feel strongly about this *thief* for whatever reason, and the group had more pressing matters to deal with. She turns and looks at the shuddering wall behind her. "Well, go we wherever, suggest I now we do it!" she says emphatically as the wall begins to shake ever harder.

"Ameena, on you should lead!" she says, while motioning to the murafu to get moving before the wall comes crashing down and the party has a faceful of angry grak-grak to deal with.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ameena decides that waiting any longer won't be a very good idea. She starts to move back the way the group came, following the scent trail so recently left. She also tries to remember whether there are any of those put-the-spirit-back-in-the-body shelf things that will be so useful in restoring Helm...

OOC - Perception for scent-trail-following = 14 (3+11), bleh. Would it be straight Int to try and remember whether there are any Vi altars in the area? Woot! nat-20! :D So 21 if that's straight Int. Now please can it not be back the way we just came so we have to go past the grak-graks again ;). Actually, Ameena hasn't got far - she's thinking as she moves, and that's probably what's made her Perception check a bit rubbish, 'cause she really wants to get Helm back as well...
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"Great!" he shouts in agreement at their course of action. He was happy to be moving on and so banged on the stone door as a sign of satisfaction "You guys can come along to the black skulls later as well if you like!". Satisfied with his cunning ruse, or at least in his mind it was, he happily pulls away with a corpse over his shoulder. "Gee, things are really looking up. Even Helm seems happy." From there he plodded along at the rear of the group. They would make good speed now.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Finally, the pixie had her wish, and the group stopped discussing the situation and moved off as swiftly as possible to

There was a small chunk of stone that fell out as Haynuus tapped the door, saying thta mocking the bloodthirsty crazed creatures might not be the best idea!

Ameena tried to follow the route back intelligently, however the strong stench of the grak-graks that had accompanied them overpowered most of the rest of the trail. At least, it was hard to make out anything else quickly, and speed was of the essence. The scent stuck with her, annoyingly, plus she was trying to think regarding VI altars from a previous life.

There was another, larger, ominous rumbling from somewhere. Ameena seemed to recall that somewhere just before the blackskulls main lair was an abandoned altar, for in their last (first?) life, they had been required to use it. However, that was on the other side from here, they would have to work through tunnels Amena had no idea about, and possibly face blackskulls,

Another idea came to her, of course. If the Vi altars granted life, could the water elementals do something? Or at least, could they 'sense' where such an altar was? They had been very concerned with life and death. Perhaps it was best to head back to the cavern. Of course, that meant going throug hthat strange area again... even if they could follow the tributary back the the cavern as a short cut, which seemed likely.

Deephold moved off too, taking up the rear due to the speed of the group, and also apparently ready to try and hold off any undead horrors that might appear.

Eventually, the group emerged from the tunnel, having seen the grey and dirty dungeon wall revert back to a rock wall. Once more they joined the river's turn. Should they go back the was they came, following the rivers downstream flow and try to get back to the cavern as quickly as possible? Or should they try to walk a new way - follow the river upstream as it went off in to the distance?

There's be a couple of decision points on the way back, assuming you want to hit the cavern. If you carried on then tried to go back up the pit drop, you could instead try to follow Westian's route again, trying to get in to Trolin country. At the moment, the cavern and the elementals might be your best bets for regrouping, and also for a good jumping off point to many levels (remember, the cavern spans levels 9 to 11 and seems to feed in great or small ways the water supplies for those levels).
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"I say we head straight back to the waterfall" was Haynuus's best suggestion. He really wanted to add and no nosing around places we shouldn't be looking at but he kind of suspected that their mission included this sort of stuff now anyways!

"I mean if we back track we are sure to find our way back, right?"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ameena considers as they arrive at the river once more, and looks up at her friends (at least, those currently still alive).
"I think we'd better get back to the cavern with the Elements." she says. "The Water might know of a way to return Life, since I think it is Water magic that helps with that sort of thing, isn't it? Maybe that other stream leads back there by a quicker route...though if those reptile-creatures use it then maybe going there wouldn't be such a good idea - they might think we were invading their territory, or something. Maybe going back by the same route we came would be a better idea..."
She looks from face to face, to see what her friends will think, and what other ideas they might have.

Post by raixel »

Petal shakes her head at Ameena's question. "Although VI the element of life and water it is, my people bring to life the dead do not. Prohibited, it is, for to go to the next Cycle the dead do. To bring them back, disruption would cause. So know I not if the water-spirits know what you seek it is." She falls slient then, apparently not willing to discuss the topic anymore.

As the group discusses their route, Petal circles back a few feet and peers in the direction they just came from, looking and listening for any sign of pursuit.

Perception (1d20+5=25)

Thats a waste of a 20...
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"I'm happy to return to the Elementals, it's just if we try for an alternative route or not..." He thinks for a second musing what they may or may not find again. "I think we should shoot through the Chaos domain once more and not stop until we reach the cave behind the waterfall. Deephold? Do you have enough energy to heal Ameena a little more? Our scout.... Our nose needs a little help."
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Deephold did indeed have the power to restore Ameena, although he was obviously conscious of keeping an ete on the way back. Howeer, Petal took up the duty with obvious care and attention. Ameena, restore your health to full. Anyone else need topped up? Ameena isn't an hp sink like Haynuus, so he'll have spare healing to give. :p

"One of the High Lords of good may wish a life extended that an evil High Lord plotted to destroy," said Deephold to Petal. "Who are a people to deny themselves a conduit for a High Lord's will, or by inaction side with the evil of this world? Such methods of ressurection still require the will of the spirit itself, and the will of the High Lords to work. One cannot extend the life of those who feel their life is fulfilled, or those who have been so judged."

The group kept pushing onwards, through the once more peaceful area. There was a moment to clean Ameena off, as she had been captured instead of being allowed to benefit. At this point of reflection, it was sad to realise that her green companion had gone, and had not been seen in Soorec's room. Was it dead? Or had it been captured somewhere, and events had conspired to keep for from freeing that gentle spirit?

I'm going to assume you guys press on as suggested, right? Retcon any preparations before going back in to the magically inadvseable land

There was an obvious tension as the group came back to the Chaos-twisted area. One of the swan-reptiles seemed to meet them, drifting on the currents close to the large whole where the dragon was. Perhaps it could sense the edges of the area, and knew that they were now reduced wit hthe destruction of the trapped creature. The vines, for now, seemed dead. Petal passed across many times, and could also simply not hear any long of life from them.

The discordant song arose in Petal's mind soon enough, and Ameena's nose began to be filled with distracting scents. Due to the hurry, and her worry for Helm perhaps, it was harder for Ameena to pick up the differences in the ground's properties. The group kept discovering areas that were too soft or too sharp almost too late.

A swan creature was seen to waddle across their path at one point, giving them a look, but it took to the water without much comment and drifted down the water faster than the group could walk.

The large group of feeding reptiles were still on the other side of the bank near the tributary, though now they all were on land, apparently sleepingin a circle, all facing inwards but with their heards all lying on each other's backs so they could look outwards. One or two actually looked at the part across the way, one making a small forlorn noise. It was not taken up, and the group did not react much. The replite that had crossed the party's path earlier was visible drifting slowly down the tributary, slowly fading form sight.

"Do we follow this branch and hope it takes us to to the cavern, or should we find the opening we came through?" asked Deephold. "The way down was not pleasant, especially for those of us in armour. Even though the river was shallow, I do not see an easy way to climb back up."

Woohoo, morning update. I updated this morning. Now for the mad scramble to leave for work!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Yaaay, I regain 22hp and am back up to full health then :D. Does Deephold also have the mana to refill both the flasks Ameena is carrying?

BIC - In response to Petal's comment about dead things being supposed to stay dead, Ameena looks up.
"Murafu think that way too." she says. "Dead things are dead, and the body becomes just...a body, as the spirit has gone, so it's not the person whose body it was any more, just a dead thing to feed itself back to the Elements over time. But down here, it's different - spirits don't properly leave their bodies. I didn't, anyway, and I think I died, once."
She pauses, subconsciously reaching a hind leg across to scratch at her side, where the Darkstone had been.
"Anyway, I think the spirits of those who die down here can't get out, because the magic stops them from doing so. I think the spirits can be caught, because those soldiers...the ones with the black armour, with the faces on...they talk about putting souls into their armour, and "soul" is another word for "spirit", isn't it? I think that's what the faces are - I think the spirits sort of remember who they used to be when they get put into the armour, so they sort of take that shape and they're not very happy about being put there so that's why they sort of look...screaming."
Once the party is done preparing (Ameena thanks Deephold for the healing, and takes several moments to have a quick groom of herself, and a stretch, briefly enjoying the feel of no longer being in any kind of physical pain or discomfort), Ameena moves onward, keeping ahead to scent the way and to keep her other senses out for trouble. She watches the reptile-creatures with curiosity, wishing she could get to know them a little better, find out about them, and so on. But not now. Not now. There is no time.
When the party reaches the part where a smaller section of river branches away, Ameena peers down it.
"I could go ahead and have a look, if you like." she offers.

OOC - Ameena offers to scout ahead, though if it's dark along that way I'm not sure what she'd do for light so I've left her offer vague for now. She hasn't considered that Petal might be able to scout, though I suppose that's the other option - I imagine they're both pretty quick at moving and can leg back to the group uf anything goes wrong. Plus they have greater manoeuvrebility since Petal can obviously fly and Ameena's probably the best at swimming, as she's not encumbered by armour etc and has a really good bonus to her Athletics skill when swimming. In case she ends up in the water, that is.

Post by raixel »

Petal is missing about 13 or so HP.

Petal listens to Deephold's explanation, but just nods in reply. She doesnt feel like she needs to comment again on something she obviously finds so distasteful, as it seems her companions are going to try to raise Helm whether or not she objects. But when Ameena chimes in, the pixie perks up.

"The bodies the spirits do not leave? Trapped, in the armor they are?" Petal repeats in a questioning voice. The small sorceress frowns as she thinks over what Ameena just told her. "Hm. A spirit to be caught and used like this, a worse violation of Balance this is. To free these souls, I must try, if possible it is." she says quietly. Is anyone wearing blackskull armor? If so, I will edit this post later.

The group moves along, and Petal flies next to Deephold, lost in her own thoughts. As they enter the chaos-tainted area, she pinches the bridge of her nose, then rubs her eyes.

"Hate this place, I do." she mutters. "In my head, having a chorus of squeaky metal gates, it is like." She watches the swan-lizard things closely as the party passes them, even though the creatures dont seem interested in the party's presence.

"Back up, why can we not get?" she asks innocently in response to Deephold's question. "Care not I where go we do, as long as out of here, it is. Hurts my head, this place does."
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"I once tried on the Blackskull armour. It felt wrong. Westian and Aurek said it was bad. I took it off and was happy to show my bare chest to my enemies instead."

OOC - Forgot to update the char sheet with the undead slimed armour he put on?!

"Yes, I'm sure that I can climb back up the rope, and when up there I could pull armour or dwarves or whatever on the other end. What could possibly go wrong?!" He scratches his chin and has an image of pulling Helm up through the hole in the ceiling by having his neck in a noose. Well he was dead after all.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"I think we should move on quickly whichever way we take, Ameena. And I don't want to wait for you to investigate areas while the grak-graks are close behind!"
raixel

Post by raixel »

Petal nods in agreement to Haynuus.
"Yes, Ameena. What so important was that had to risk your life you did in the place of the gnome?" the sorceress asks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Deephold is savvy enough to cast his lower and more numerous spells first - 6d6 healing for Ameena (27 in total from three UM potions), and 3d6 for Petal (14 in total from three LO potions). Leaving two 3d6 healing potions cast in to Ameena's flasks! Sothe answer is yes, you have a healthy murafu and pixie, and a tired dwarf! Haynuus, how close to fullly healed are you? Maybe you need to make puppy eyes at Petal for a top up :)

"The Cult of Death", said Deephold with a snarl. "a myth for centuries, though they exist. Always they seem to have been wiped out, and yet their vile order arises again. They sacked Ya-Brodin in legends, and supported Chaos during the cataclysm the Grey Lord caused. Yes, the true followers take upon themselves the spirits of the fallen, empowering themselves and tormenting countless. There is no doubting the evil of one who wears the true imbued armour."

Deephold looked aghast that Haynuus had worn any such items. "Your soul must be pure indeed to have shrugged off such a thing. Or perhaps it was only the armour of those that wished to be truly indoctinated." Deephold still looked saddened that Haynuus had been explosed. He looks to Petal. "Yes, if it is in our power, we must end the suffering of those who have been trapped." A pause. "And end the evil of those who caused it." He said the last thing very quietly, and his hand gripped his mace tightly.

Deephold had nothing to add to the decision. "A possible short cut we have never travelled," he said, looking down the triburtary, "or a known path that will take a while." Deephold looked concerned. "Also we all are not like you, noble pixie, able to take to the air. I trust Haynuus has muscles, but there was still a significant distance upwards, and the middle of a river is a tricky place to attempt anything."

I'll give you another go around then move off in either direction. Petal can of course position the rope, and there were spikes left in the pit. So it's not inconcievable to get back up by any means. Deephold is just a short armoured dwarf who doens't like the idea :D And it sounds like if Ameena/Petal or both go off to investigate, they will have the rest come up behind them anyway - so the light levels should be ok (especialyl for Petal)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"I'm happy to move along this new route" added Haynuus. "Just as long as we keep moving for a good while and that we keep TOGETHER." He really wanted to emphasise that last word as they had survived this long as a group and so it was inconceivable to him that someone would want to wander off on their own. Of course, Haynuus had never moved on four paws, whiskers out in front and with his tail in the air so you can understand his lack of empathy!

OOC - Happy to move along the tributary, with Ameena out in front. Whatever :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Ooh, Deephold is making third-level pots now, is he? Or was that a typo and you meant that the two flasks he fills for Ameena are still only 2d6 healing?

BIC - In answer to Petal's query about her actions in Soorec's room, she looks up at the pixie.
"I think we'd better get safe first." she says. "Once we get back to the cave of the Elements, then I'll show you. I suppose you might not know what we're doing down here, anyway. I don't know what brought you down here, but since you're a friend, I suppose it doesn't matter."
She gives a friendly whisker-twitch to the pixie and then looks at the group as a whole as they ponder over which way to go.
"I suppose, maybe we don't have much time to think about this." she says. "Maybe we should just go back the way we came, then."

OOC - Whichever way the group decides on, assume Ameena does her usual sniffing-the-way-ahead thing once they start moving off. She doesn't mind which way they go so long as they start going there soon :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

He's always made them before, usually to heal you guys right away. Hence the secondary potions have been 2d6 potions. This time, he's actually got the time to use the lower-level slower healing on your guys, and store up the big guns as secondary potions :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Ahh is that it...okay then, lol. My health's never been that low before, so I suppose I've never needed more than 2d6 to bring me back to near enough full hp :).
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

OOC - Well we let Petal decide then. Although Deephold would prefer not to climb up ropes over ankle deep water :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - That's okay, I'm sure Haynuus can tie him up and hoik him up there himself ;). Anyway, dorfs are meant to be good at underground stuff, therefore since we're underground he should be just fine with negotiating what back home in dorf country would probably be referred to as a "mine shaft" and be in plentiful supply ;).

Post by raixel »

Of COURSE Petals gonna make you guys climb it, as she doesnt see whta the big deal is. :)

Petal nods to Ameena, but then frowns when Ameena asks what she is doing here, her face a blank. 'Truth be told, know I not..." she says quietly, barely making any sound at all. "Fighting him, I was, and Growlgra was there...and the little one..."

The pixie stares straight ahead, her eyes clouded as if she is lost in her own mind. Then she blinks and looks around.

"But matters it not, as here am I, now." she says in her normal voice. "Up the cliff we go? With the ropes, I will help."