Ameena's hidden OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: OOC thread

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, or, of course, the gnome is used to priests and tall being being know it alls who own things, and so is speaking to Westian in an assumed language. Who knows! A little of column a and a little of column b. Afetr all, Haynuus is a tall half-orc even though polite, and Ameena's only just been noticed as not a Chaos produced pain rat. And you saw what Soorec did to the last critter that was a Chaos produced critter, right? :)

Awwwww, can't wait to see what the others will write, I know how Soorec will react to Ameena's immediate comments. Of course, this is what happens - I know the next post each time someone posts, then have to weatch that idea go south as the next actions drastically change stuff!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol. I do wonder how the others will react. Chances are Soorec sees Ameena as just some kind of bizarre curiosity rather than an actual, sentient creature and all that. A bit like Drommal's reaction but with a bit less hatred and a bit more erm...scientific interest. Heh, Soorec's lab + rat-like murafu = ...?
Nope, he's not getting his hands on her. Not like that. Hopefully the others will join in and stick up for her too and stuff, or at least agree on her opinion of his "plan" :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, well, you'll have to see, won't you. You're probablky right about the scientific interest though! You and Aurek are quite the curiosity right now...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awww, Haynuus is all inspired by Ameena!

I think with the detect good indication and the fact Haynuus etc seem to trust you, you might want to indicate you are playing Ameena. At least, I wanna point out how hard we tried to get Ameena into the battle on April 1st dammit! :D

You can still post private thoughts here until the big future reveal happens.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think I want to see how the others react to Ameena's latest actions. I wonder what the players will think if they find out it's really Ameena before she explains what's happened to her and they (and their characters) find she has no memory of Helm or anything that happened in the dungeon up till this encounter with Soorec. Maybe we could ask them, OOC, whether they think it's really Ameena or not - get a definitive answer from each of them. I think that maybe, if there's anyone who still isn't sure, maybe we could keep it up a bit longer. If everyone is pretty much convinced that she's really her, then maybe we can drop it and tell them they're right. And if there is anyone who still thinks she might be some kind of fake, it will be interesting to know why they think that.
Hmm, yes...maybe drop a question in the main OOC thread - "Do you think this is really Ameena? Please give your reasons". And also it might be interesting to see whether their characters are convinced or not. But since that would be a character thing, I suppose they're allowed to keep that private and don't have to spill it in the OOC thread :).
If all the players unanimously agree that I'm really playing my own character and not some freakish GM invention, then I'll post a reply there myself to confirm that they're all correct. If anyone is unsure, then I want to keep it up till they can decide one way or another. Of course, if anyone is unsure, maybe comments made by other players might change their mind. But we'll see.
You think maybe we could do that?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I did the asking already, remember? They were very non-commital. I think everyone knows you are playing your character by now, it's just a case of what the secret is. If you weren't, so soon after Soorec this would be an annoying gotcha so I actually want them to know you are you!

Anyway, like I said, I want to drop alot of the 'behind the scenes' stuff for a while since I need to set up alot of plot stuff. It would be nice to clear decks. Sadly the future stuff will have to remain for a while yet only known by you. Otherwise, I want people focused on the main plot and together as much as possible.

There gets a point where keeping it a secret to 'gotcha' the players isn't fun for anyone else, especially if there's no dramatic tension that's actually makign the secert meaningful. Aurek's detect evil proves Ameena isn't evil. It isn't like Ameena is really the ghost girl manifest or something. The reveal is Ameena is Ameena, which is the default assumption. Pity I couldn't have had a dramatic way to reintroduce it, but then that would be me railroading the story to ensure it happened in a way I don't want to do. I think Soorec happened perfectly without me having to do anything - people knew things, and still didn't confer/draw the copnclusions, and put themselves in the perfect position for the reveal. Sometimes things don't work - the secret is to move on quickly and find a new one :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I can't remember what everyone's responses were when you asked before. I suppose quite a bit of stuff has happened since then. I'll still have to post inner thoughts here though, at least till Ameena's had a chance to explain herself. That means getting away from Soorec. I imagine the others have plenty of questios for her too - such as where the hell Helm went. And she herself wants to find out who this weird soldier-looking person is. I don't think I've done much in-character (in the main IC thread, I mean, not this one down here) to demonstrate that Ameena currently views Aurek as a stranger. Her current guess is that he's a blackskull soldier who's decided to turn against his not-very-nice fellows and help the group instead. But I don't know whether LB has picked up on the fact that Ameena doesn't recognise his character at all.
I think I'll ask one final time whether anyone thinks Ameena is a fake, and then tell them either way.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That was the trouble, it didn't really become a big answer and debate I'm afraid. Like I said, I know if I was playing I would be a little burned out on 'gotcha' mysteries right now. The future thing is the last big one. I kinda want to make evertything else straightforward - especially since there's getting ot be alot of information. Keeps the game fresh!

I have no problem with personal thoughts still staying here for a while.

The trouble with trying to bounce anything off Aurek is that LB has some sprained elbow thing and moving issues stuff, so Aurek's just goign to drop in and out. Certainly he can be a stranger to Ameena, but don'trely on any meaningul 1:1 RP from him right now I'm afraid!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You might need to wait until Monday for your answers, of course! Well, Ian was around.... and rolled quite well, too.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh yes, I saw Ian's natural-20 on his Diplomacy check - that was cool :D.
As for Aurek, I wasn't planning on getting into any kind of specific discussion with him yet, just wondered whether LB had picked up on the fact that Ameena hasn't really reacted to him much so far. But it's been a pretty busy room, so...
Anyway, gotta go - got some Weeping Angels to freak out over ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Curse you and your live TV! Don't spoil the cliffhanger, I need to wait until its not shown live to be all legal to watch it :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm? You can't get BBC1 or something? Just catch it on the IPlayer - I imagine it must be up by now...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You still need a tv licence to watch iplayer live. Watching it after the show's finished is fine - seen it now!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahh, you don't have a license? D'oh. Oh well - good, wasn't it? :D
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No 'cause it's a two parter!!!

Otherwise, yes :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol. My theory on the ending is that the thing the Doctor shot was the gravity-globe thingy which, as the name implies, has its own gravity source thingy to enable it to float in the air like that. And I reckon that when he shot it, the anti-gravity stuff inside it was released, and everyone had to jump up in order to be caught in it, or something, so they can float up to the ship before it dissipates.
That's my current guess, anyway.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It looked more liquidy, but maybe the liquid shorts the gravity ball (hence the jumping) and everyone gts catapulted upwards?

Anyway, odd choice for cliffhanger - since you know the are going to get out, the cliffhanger is what's the doctor doing to get them out. Kinda cool.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, it looked liquidy, but maybe the component inside the grav-globe which causes its anti-gravity status is a liquid. Anyway, this is all just guess-work and I imagine I'm completely wrong :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I rewatched it, and it's not the ship it does seem to be the globe he shoots.

Also, now I'm not going 'oh, it's that bit from the trailers' when he's doing his final big speech, I could really enjoy it. WHERE'S THE SECOND EPISODE! :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I didn't know what he was shooting either, till the word "globe" was mentioned in that context during that episode of "Doctor Who Confidential".
One thing that was annoying during that final speech was that this stupid pop-up thingy appeared at the bottom of the screen advertising the next program. Evidently for people who are incapable of waiting two minutes or of looking up in any one of a number of sources in order to find out what's on next :P.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, Simon Pegg on Twitter also yelled at the Graham Norton advert over the end credits. The benefit of seeing it on iPlayer is that it's the straight programme, so no annoying announcer and so on! I oculd enjoy it in all its glory...you know, the second time when I wasn't going 'hey, that's the bit from the adverts...he's goign to say "me!" '
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol yeah, it is sort of annoying when they spoil those kinds of lines by showing them about eighty times in advance in every single teaser/trailer :P. I also tend to avoid the "Coming up next week..." things, especially in two-parters. Spoilers! ;)
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LMAO! OB stole your idea, and is testing poor Ameena with actually stating 'you had a helm'

No Will save for you... especially since Farel will probably just give her a weird look about the travelling twice comment, and assume she meant somethign to do with her leaving and coming back.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, I thought Farel might assume that. After all, the same thing has sort of happened both times in that both Farel and Ameena were present in the group for a while before one of them left.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oooooh, will save please! Though feel free to act confused and ask for further questions, and have Ameena explain what happened it you want.

After all, telling her about a person she went off with called helm doens't tell ameena much emotionally - mentioning falkor's fireballing, or a thief she trusted, would mean more than a name I'm guessing!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think I'll do the Will save first, to find out whether Ameena has any memories triggered, before I post a reply up there. Yes, I think that mentioning some kind of emotional connotation would have more of an effect on Ameena - just saying she "left with a thief called Helm" is a neutrally-phrased statement that would probbaly mean very little to her.
Now, for this Will save...umm, I'm not sure what bonus I would get as I haven't finished levelling her yet. I'm guessing you haven't yet checked that post I made with my attempted character-levelling stuff (in "my" thread just below this one). can you tell me whether it's all okay? I'm still undecided on the feat. What level do I get another one? Something like level 8 or so?
Anyway...Will save will be at least...14 (12+2), or 15 if you use the level 6 increased Will. 17 if I take Iron Will :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

He didn't even say thief, just human, so no emotional connection. I think thief has certain connotations, etc.

Will save is a little middling, though 15 means its not too bad. I think the flash would have to do with leaving - sudden;y feeling very strongly about leaving, and the fear, and recalling the odd blackness.

Of course, since Ameena should feel she'd never leave her friends, the memory should probably blend back into a confusing mix of dimly recalling it being someone else trying to escape, you lot chasing them, the grey/black young/old mage, and then the splitting up. And of course, mentioning she didn't leave with anyone, she turned up alone through a crack?

And weird, you must have posted when I was editing that thread for somethign or other, I didn't see you new entry :( I'll go check it now before I get too sleepy.

So yeah, catch me quick enough if you need anythign else clarified before your next post!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

New entry? If you mean the character-levelling stuff, I posted that a few days ago. I made a post saying something like "Ooh yeah I'll sort my level in a minute", then wondered why I bothered to post that and just edited it and did my character-levelly stuff there. Maybe it didn't show up 'cause I did it as an edit rather than a new post.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, I see the Doctor Who reference. I was either editing the title for you, or had it open checking your stats out and it registered as being read. Something odd there :(

Anyway, comments done!

Edit: Or yeah, it doens't show up if I see the 'will level in a minute' post soon after you edit it :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, well this will be fun.

Ok, Westian is being so relentless Ameena can't ignore this one. Basically, what will happen is that as he is stating the story Ameena will get odd little flashes. At the end of his story it will all culminate in a really fast slide show - like sudden;y rememberign a dream all at once, that kinda corroberated what Westian is saying.

Of course, before Ameena would know what hit her - she might recall a battle, something do do with Aurek, and Falkor, and some person with her but not the rest - sudden;y she'd get the very emotional terror and see a flash of Lord Chaos.

I imagien this could knock her enough.

Anyway, for your will save. 25 (can you make that) buys you no ill effects, except Ameena suddenly has this crystal clear 'dream' that terrifies her in her head that Westian knew (placed there?), worse yet she will just have the impression and vague image of Chaos threateneing to shut her mind down.

Feel free to play as terrified or simply stunned, definitely confused. And will also have the scary image of that crack in the ceiling again. Wow, it's like I'm ripping off Steven Mophatt but I got there first :p

If you 'only' get 20, Ameena will take 2 non-lethal damage and be shocked.

If you get a 15-19, Ameena will take 4 non-lethal damage, and be very confused and worse for wear.

If you get 14 or less, Ameena takes 4 lethal damage and feels as if she has an intense migrane. Obviously, thinking too much about the dual timelines will keep it going, if she focuses on - I assume - just what she 'knows' of the first run, she'll be able to think again (still have the damage though)

So yeah.

Don't worry, you are getting off easy... nasty people poking murafu deserve to have their charatcers feel far worse! :D