Ameena's new normal sized dungeon crawl!

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Ameena's new normal sized dungeon crawl!

Post by beowuuf »

The mention of the other mage suddenly brought a flash of fear. There was an image of black robes... no, they were grey. But she still felt the fear. Not the same as the old mage that had ...done something. No, a younger mage.

The young mage! He was good, but he was bad! She recalled his weary face, and then his angry face! Whenthe grak-graks went insane, it was only a matter of time before the one who controlled Soorec would come looking for them.

And they were not ready!

They hadn't been ready before, and Ameena realised something was wrong with those around - they weren't dressed correctly. They'#d lost things, like she had. They weren't ready again! Maybe they needed to look aroudn the room first, but if Soorec remained dead, the young mage would come and kill them all like he'd tried to last time!

They weren't ready! Grak-graks would tear them apart but the young mage... he was somehow worse...

Heh, ok, there was something else bad that could happen if Soorec remained dead with his grak-graks going insane, and none of you worked it out. If Gholst knows that when Soorec dies, his creations go insane...and Gholst sees Soorec's creations go insane... what do you think will be the first thing he does...? :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Oooh crap, lol. Erm...I suppose I'd better wait till someone (well, Money at least) has posted a response - then I can have Ameena having been remembering all that (ie what you've just told me about Gholst/Theron...hmm I'll have to check the previous OOC spammage bit to see whether I got any details on what he/they looked like...) and suddenly reacting to it, realising that the Scary Scary Mage will be here soon, but not the Scary Scary Mage she had been thinking of - the other Scary Scary Mage, who turned scary and did something right before the other other mage (that is the grey/black-robed one) chucked everyone across the room and split them up...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I did tell you in the whole mish mash, and of course Ameena's memories from second time around of vaguely seeing Theron through the Zo blasted door near the start might combine with her memories of seeing him from the first time around, and might combine with Grey Lord and Chaos memories to just create a confusing mish mash of there being two mages...or more... proper ones, not little gnomes :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Lol yeah...I do recall that you said she'd remember Gholst/Theron, I just can't remember a physical description. Maybe he/they was/were just a big glowing man-sized shape or something. I'll need to re-check it. I recall that she remembers they were in a room with that duo, and that the grey/black-robed mage was there too and it was he that threw the group apart, something he did right after something bad happened concerning the other mage-person-people-thingy. Too many people in thie game are more than one person at once - no wonder the poor little murafu can't keep up ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Theron would have grey cloak, look young, be a normal person. Gholst Ameena wouldn't recall really.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - But she would remember that the two were...together, somehow? Would she remember that they merged, or any details regarding the fact that Gholst took over Theron's body? Would she remember that it was this (or rather, Gholst-in-Theron killing Theron) that caused Grey/Chaos to flip and kick the group out?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nope, I think those details will be way, way to vague.

Once more, Ameena has prescience really. If someone is speaking about something,or closer to the time, she's more likely to recall. On her own, most stuff won't come out, I wouldn't imagine.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Okay then, so it's just some vagueness about some mage dude standing nearby...or maybe two mages...and some other mage dude who was wearing either grey or black who got really annoyed for some reason and cast some weird spell which threw everyone backwards and made Ameena materialise through the ceiling (or something) by herself with a really bad ache in one foreleg and a Scary Scary Crack in the ceiling ;).
Btw stop spamming out the IC thread with OOC chat - you keep doing it, I'm just replying ;).
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ameena continues to shove wearily at the (currently) lifeless body of the gnome. The words she's just spoken to Falkor drift hazily through her mind. Something about a mage...no, another mage. Another-other mage. Not Soorec. The other ones. However many there were.
She freezes as several thoughts suddenly rush through her mind at once. The suddenness of it almost seems to send some kind of jolt through her. At least, her right foreleg seems to suddenly remember that it's hurting quite a lot.
Oh no...
She becomes vaguely aware of movement in front of her, blinks, then takes a few moments to realise that Haynuus just just completed her job for her, and moved the gnome fully onto the stone...table...thing.
But the other mage...
Ameena keeps her gaze on Soorec's body. He's dead. He's definitely dead. And the grak-graks...oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. Not good. Really, very definitely not good. Very very bad.
"I...I think..." mutters Ameena, somewhat unsteadily. "He's going to come. He...the other one. I mean, one of the other ones. But...last time...what if...if they think we're dead...if he thinks we're dead. What if they all come here now...or...maybe they ended up fighting...they were both so angry..."
She trails off, her gaze not moving from its current target. The room, somehow, seems far too quiet right now. She's rather hazy as to exactly what's happening. To what's been happening. Soorec. Grak-graks. People running around. Fighting. And what about Soorec? What will happen to him now?
Some part of Ameena almost doesn't care about this, all of a sudden. This place, the darkness, the hostile creatures. No sunlight. No wind. No trees. Violence. Fighting. Dead bodies walking, killing. Nowhere safe. Being thrown about with no way to avoid it. Her mind seemingly in tatters. But she vaguely recalls a strong unwillingness to let go while in this place. She recalls the repeated mentions of souls, of spirits. If she gives in, lets hers fly free, how long will iit be so? Might her very essence end up captured, trapped, imprisoned inside the black armour of the human soldiers? Might her body, feeble though she knows it is, be twisted and altered magically, made to walk around and hurt people once her spirit and mind no longer occupied it in order to tell it to do otherwise?
No, she realises. She can't let herself die here. Not with all these...people...around.
But then, what can she do?

OOC - This post mostly otherwise known as "Ameena still doesn't want to look around and confirm what some faint part of her mind has probably twigged - that there are more dead people here than just Soorec and the undead grak-graks" ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I like the justification to keep fighting and not give up. It meshes well with her reasons for giving up last time. Before it was all' meh', now she realises - with the new memories - that it can be worse than 'meh' if she becomes part of weird armour while her body is used as undead fodder!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Heh, /bow :).
Meanwhile - eeeeek! :eek: Ameena may be about to become a flambéed murafu at the hands of Falkor...

Ameena looks up at Soorec, giving a slight start as the magic activates and he comes back to life. She isn't sure whether this is a good thing or not. True, it will mean the grak-graks will come back under his control, which will mean they're a little less...berserk. But, being a mage, Soorec could use any number of hostile spells against herself and her friends. Unless they can do something to him. What did they do before? She'd thought that maybe putting him on the table might have been it, but...maybe he'd been dead before, they'd done this to him to calm the grak-graks, then...then done something else...
She flicks an ear toward Falkor as he speaks to her, then turns wearily to face him.
"I...can't remember what we did last time." she tells him again, then her tired mind remembers the presence of the newly-awoken Soorec. She'd better be careful what she says. "Maybe we need to do something else..."
As she speaks, she attempts to focus her tired mind on remembering something...anything...to deal with the gnomish mage.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, looks like they decided to stop metagaming, and start metagaming!

Roll me a will save there.... and a plain intelligence check too.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - I was gonna do a Will save anyway because I thought you might ask for one, then decided against it lol. Will Save = 19 (17+2)...which means the Int roll is probably gonna be crap...heh, yep...7 (6+1) :P.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ameena recalls that they didn't do this last time...not as quickly... They had been captured in this room before, hadn't they? The odd other mage had been talking to them when they were behind the blue haze. So this was good? That they'd got Soorec back on his feet so quickly?

Why, of course, was something Ameena couldn't work out.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Hmm, now can I make Ameena's actions continue to look suspicious, I wonder...

BIC - Ameena blinks, focusing on Falkor. She's awae he's just asked her a question, but it takes a few moments for it to permeate through her weariness and numerous distracted thoughts.
"Wond? Oh...yes...the magic stick...thing...yes..."
She gropes around, almost absently, inside one of her pouches, half pulling out one of the unknown potions before actally looking down at her belt and administering some thought to the situation. Not that one. Wrong pouch...
She tries again, this time actually taking the time to look where she's searching, and this time pulls out Soorec's magical implement. She has no idea what it does, but figures that Falkor probably knows, or he wouldn't have asked her to give it to him.
She hands the wond to Falkor, then becomes aware of movement behind them. The easily-recognisable scent of Haynuus is close by, and she decides that he's probably trying to do something. It's probably best, she decides, if she simply gets out of the way.
First, though, she turns to Falkor one last time.
"Whatever you're going to do...it had better be quick. We'd better get out of here before...one of the others arrives. And more grak-graks. Soorec is alive again now - he's in control of them again. So they might start turning into us again. I...don't know if I can be of any help."
Her gaze flits toward the door she came in by.
"I said I'd come back..." she says quietly, almost in a whisper, mostly to herself.
She turns away from Falkor and hops down from the altar, moving around it and back toward the door. She knows that what she says is true - she probably won't be of any use right now. She's too tired, too much in pain. And she said she'd return to Ardur - if she stays for the remainder of the fight, she'll be making a liar of herself, by getting herself killed and not being able to go back. She'll still need to discover the fate of Serfarrel, she knows, but even if he's...well, even if the grak-graks have...seen to him...hopefully the altar in the room will reverse that. Like it did to Soorec.

OOC - There we go. Ameena is tired, hurt (physically, not so much emotionally, for once), and somewhat confused. So she delays a bit in actually getting out the wand Falkor asked for, and then buggers off out of the room again. Well, alright, I'm sure she can't get all the way to the door in one move but she's headed there. She will have gone around the altar to the left (on the map - column E), and then across the northern part of the room (roughly rows 5/4), heading in a straigth line for the door. Btw, you neglected to depict the aura of torchlight on your latest map (was gonna mention this the other day but I forgot) ;). I know Ameena's not quite mechanically incapacitated yet, but I figured I might as well play it up a bit. Another excuse to extend her obliviousness to the state of Farel and Westy ;). I have a feeling the encounter is far from over, so far, but Ameena being so tired and hurt, plus what she told Ardur, are combining right now to drag her away from the scene and back toward the poor lonely kid down the corridor ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And now you are just metagaming! Ameena's actions should be Ameena's actions. If people wanna find them suspicious, they can. Just being unaware the party would have any reason to not believe it was her would make her act suspiciously enough :p

I didn't neglect the torch aura. Once the blue hazes are back up, they project enough defuse light to illuminate most of the area, enough that I don't bother with it.

As Ameena rounds the corner of the alcove, she sees something surprising. Ardur has apparently moved forwards tothe entrance to the room, only to be frozen in place by Falkor's magic.

Perhaps the reason for his move forward can be understood, for once movement returns to the room, Ameena can once more hearfaint little snickering sounds from the grak-graks coming from somewhere beyond the door, and also from the invisible wall behind her...

Make me a perception roll, please!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Perception = (bollocks)...10 (1+9). Will await the results of that (heh, if there are any...) before I post again. I hope someone can figure out what those flashes of white light are - somehow I have a feeling it's not a good thing, though you haven't specified, so far, where the flashes are, just that they occur.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

you see nothing :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Heh, surprise.

BIC - Ameena moves forward, closer to Ardur. She can hear the sounds of grak-graks, now approaching from more than one direction. She wonders which would be worse - to have Soorec incapacitated and his grak-graks gone berserk, in which case one of the Other Mages might turn up (and probably be worse...that is, if she and her friends haven't been torn apart by then), or having Soorec fully alive and aware, and therefore in complete control of the grak-graks and able to tell them to trap the group and do...well, various unpleasant things with them, she supposes. Putting it that way, she considers that maybe being torn apart would be better - at least none of them would then have to live through whatevr horrors Soorec might have in store for them.
Which might be worse if they're dead and their spirits are exposed. Hmm. True.
But for now, what can she do, one hurt, exhausted murafu in a room of such confusion? She ventures closer to Ardur, hoping he won't be scared of her like he was before. She supposes he may have come forward simply because of the sound of approaching grak-graks coming along the corridor. How did they deal with this before, she wonders?
Meanwhile, drawing closer to Ardur, she starts having to raise her head in order to look up at him.
"Hello again." she ventures, softly. "I was just on my way back to you. I'm...not sure what we can do. I just...I decided it would be better if I came back now, since...well, I might not get another chance pretty soon..."
She continues to approach Ardur, ready to pause in her movement if he seems as afraid of her as he did before. Chances are, though, she supposes, he's more scared of hte approaching grak-graks than he is of her. She knows it is often the way of the Young to seek comfort from others when afraid. Murafu never seem to lose that instinct - they remain happy to curl up to anyone who will accept them, to both give and receive comfort. Ameena remembers the friends she's made among other species - as far as those such as humans are concerned, most of the people she was closest to were the Young of that species. Ardur isn't as young as most of them, but still, he isn't fully grown yet. Maybe he'll still let her get close.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Note because of Falkor's positioning, he will see Ardur. I'll write something to that effect at lunhtime to let you post your move there
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - I just posted in (and read) the other IC thread and realised Falkor was addressing me - I added in a reply to him in that post. There aren't too many internal thoughts that can be added to it since there's nothing really that conflicts with Ameena's actions in replying - what she emotes in that case is how she's really feeling. Falkor said he moved to I5 so that still gives Ameena a line-of-sight to the doorway. And if Falkor's concentrating on her, that can be a reason he didn't notice Ardur straight away. Plus he's busy trying to Arcana-check those wands, I think ;). I can't even remember where they got the black wand from. Was that in Soorec's room when they first met him (where Haynuus got the compass and stuff)?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Cool, we'll see what happens there! The black wand came from Soorec's personal possessions, Falkor gave him a thorough going over a few rounds ago!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Ahh, missed that. I recall that Falkor looted Soorec's body, but not what he found there, unless the loot info was given out in a PM or something.

BIC - Ameena gives an empathic whisker-twitch at Ardur's mention of not wanting to be alone - that is something she perfectly understands. She moves closer to him, since it seems he's no longer scared of her. Then he asks her about Serfarrel.
"Umm...I'm not sure." she says. "I haven't found everyone yet. It's been...rather busy in here. I haven't even had a chance to sniff out the room. I haven't seen Serfarrel yet, or Westian. Just Falkor and Haynuus. And umm...some grak-graks. And Soorec."
She glances briefly past Ardur, down the corridor beyond him, then looks back at him.
"There are more of them coming, aren't there?" she asks wearily, heaving herself upright in order to see him better (OOC - Since you've not said what...err...pose he's currently in, I'm assuming he's standing up and therefore his eyeline is a bit higher to Ameena than it was before ;)). She continues to close the gap between them but stops about a tail-length away (OOC - probably just under a metre, give or take). If Ardur wants to engage in any kind of physical contact, she supposes he'll bend or crouch down.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nah, was mentiond out in the open. And yes, Ardur is stamnding up. And sorry to do this to both Ardur and Ameena, but the two bodies will be very obvious by now on the altar, especialyl if Ameena addresses Aurek. Time for some strong emotions. I also get the feeling I'll be inflicting fatigue penalties on her if she doens't just faint :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

nevermind, just spotted you said Ardur not Aurek. Eyes crossing. As you were...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - The altar is now behind Ameena, and she hasn't noticed Aurek yet because she hasn't looked in that direction throughout the entirety of her time in the room. She also didn't mention him when she was telling Ardur that she hasn't noticed Farel yet - I wonder if anyone will pick up on that ;). I'm fully expecting Ardur to, at any moment, point and scream something incoherent at the newly-arrived contents of the altar ;). I presume the injuries to both of them (Farel and Westy) consist mainly of bloody claw marks and similar lacerations, or something like that. And were they both wearing blackskull (soldier-rank, not high-rank) armour, or was it Aurek instead of Farel who wore it? I recall one of them being ardently against it and I imagine that was probably Farel. Oh yes, Farel is wearing "normal" (ie, erm, not black) armour and Aurek is wearing dodgy-looking black stuff, isn't he? And Westy is in black gear too. Heh, this could be interesting...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, Aurek and Westian had the blacksjkull armour, as far as you know Farel would never sully himself with it and he has certainly been wearing the shiny silver armour all this time.

Anyway, we'll have to see exactly what Ardur sees, and so Ameena gets to hear about next update...might depend on everyone else's actions :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

OOC - Yeah, I can imagine Ardur being quite shocked by the sight of his master all dead and stuff though. Are they (Farel and Westy) so torn up as to be unrecognisable or did they both kind of get one gaping wound that they couldn't recover from? You know, do they have their faces smashed in or whatever? They will both be stinking of grak-grak and Westy will be, as far as Ameena is concerned, wearing weird kit like everyone else - so would she recognise him on sight? Dead bodies = ick, so she probably won't want to get close to him to begin with. Farel she'll probably recognise from the armour (and Ardur's reaction) but as for Westy, I suppose it might take someone saying the name for her to realise it's him. Unless he died with his eyes open and staring and his corpse has ended up being dumped facing her ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Eh, I think mostly body shreddage, Haynuus drew some ire pretty quickly after they dropped. Westian might have some neck pitage too.

The helmets always seem to be in some form of quantum dither, but let's just say the faceplates are up or som,ething so you could tell it was them if you really looked. Still, for now not an issue.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

At Ardur's comment regarding the fact that he doesn't recognise the names she's mentioned, Ameena gives him a slightly confused look and tilts her head to one side.
"You...don't remember us?" she asks. "Not any of us? I remember that you...didn't really talk to us much, but I thought you might...hmm...that seems strange. But how come you've...I mean...hmm...maybe one of the others found you and Serfarrel while we were all separated. Or something. We'll need to..."
At this point she is interrupted by the approach of Haynuus. The half-orc lumbers over, looking considerably the worse for wear, and fumbles about with some kind of...stone...thing. Pendant, that's the word she wants. Haynuus, in his own way, politely asks Ardur to move away from the door, then tells her to...what? Get the...
"What do you m..." begins Ameena, before the rest of Haynuus's words sink in.
Our team. Oh no...
Ameena turns, slower than she'd like due to her current, upright position, and looks toward the altar. She can see a couple of large shapes slumped on top of it, behind Falkor and...and one of the black-armoured soldiers.
The latter of these she now stares at, suddenly nervous and having reached a new low in terms of her understanding of the current situation. One of the soldiers? He's wearing the armour, certainly, but Falkor's standing right next to him and...doesn't seem scared of him, somehow. Nor does the soldier seem to be behaving aggressively.
This sight has partially distracted her tired mind from focusing on the contents of the altar. Her gaze flits between this and the soldier. She really has no idea what this means.
"What...?" she asks nervously, of no-one in particular.