Ameena character sheet and notes (hidden)

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Ameena character sheet and notes (hidden)

Post by Ameena »

Name: Ameena
Class: Rogue (Level 6)
Race: Murafu
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Stats:
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Constitution: 8 (-1)
Charisma: 9 (-1)

Hit points = 11/23
Armour class = 15 (11 if flat-footed), +2 AC vs. traps
Speed = 20 feet (4 squares), 40 feet (8 squares) if prone and unarmed

Melée bonus: +5 (and another +3 if using light/natural weapons)
Ranged bonus: +8

Fortitude: 0, +2 against disease
Reflexes: +8 (+10 vs. traps)
Will: +3

Skills:
Appraise (Int): (3+1), 4
Acrobatics (Dex): (9+3+2), 14, 18 to balance, +3AC fighting defensively, +6AC total defence
Athletics (Str): (5+0+2), 7, 14 to climb and swim, 18 to avoid swim hazard. Take 10 on climb and swim anytime.
Bluff (Cha): (3-1), 2
Diplomacy (Cha): (9-1), 8
Thievery (Dex): (9+3), 12, 10 only for assessing traps
Escape Artist (Dex): (5+3), 8
Stealth (Dex): (9+3+2), 14, 18 when hiding
Intimidate (Cha): (1-1), 0
Knowledge (Local) (Int): (3+1), 4
Perception (Wis): (9+1), 10
Sense Motive (Wis): (9+1), 10, 14 against small, non-humanoid mammals
Sleight of Hand (Dex): (6+3), 9, +11 for concealing daggers
Speak Language (Murafu): (4)
Speak language (Common): (4)
Speak language (Halfling): (1)

Feats:
Simple Weapon Proficiency – Can use hand crossbow, rapier, sap, short bow, and short sword.
Armour Proficiency (Light) – Less ACP checks while wearing light armour (cannot wear gauntlets, normal small armour has -1AC (except breastplate) and +1 ACP).
Stealthy: +2 to Stealth skill
Weapon Finesse – Melée attacks with light/natural weapons use Dexterity bonus instead of Strength.
Improved Unarmed Strike – Unarmed attacks against armed opponents no longer generate an AoO. Can decide whether unarmed attacks deal lethal or non-lethal damage.

Racial traits
Small: gains a +1 size bonus to Armour Class and attack roll. +4 size bonus on Hide checks. Uses smaller weapons than humans. Carrying limit 3/4.
Murafu require clothing specific made for them. They take a -1 penalty to all AC bonuses of small armour unless it is designed for them, due to items they cannot wear (except breastplates). Gain a +1 armour check penalty as well. They cannot wear gauntlets.
Can move 40 feet if lying prone as long as hands free.
Scent: Detect creatures within 30 foot (15 downwind, 60 upwind). Use move action to tell direction.
Use bite as an unarmed strike to inflict lethal damage. Cannot be used with items in the hand. 1d2 damage as per normal small unarmed strike.
+2 racial bonus on fortitude saves against disease.
+4 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim checks. Uses dexterity modifier for swim and climb checks. +4 racial bonus to swim checks to perform special action or avoid hazard. Always take 10 on Climb and Swim checks. Can use the run action while swimming in straight line
+4 racial bonus to sense motive checks against small, non-humanoid mammals.

Abilities
Trapfinding - find traps with DC20 or above, and use thievery to disable them.
Sneak Attack - for successful strike on opponent denied dex bonus to AC, extra 3d6 damage is done.
Evasion – on a successful Reflex save, if you would still take half damage, instead take no damage.
Trap Sense - +2 to Reflex saves and +2AC against traps that you spring.
Uncanny Dodge – Don’t lose Dex bonus on AC when caught flat-footed or attacked by invisible attacker.

Inventory
Knife (Attack roll 1d20+4+3, damage 1d3)
Belt with pouches
Water-flask
Iron rations
String
Flask (x2)
Unidentified potion (x2)
Last edited by Ameena on Wed May 05, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Placeholder topic for Ameena character sheet

Post by Ameena »

Right, now I shall attempt to answer those questions as posted in the other OOC thread. I'll put up each of your questions, with my answer beneath. And since I'm not sure whether you want character knowledge or player knowledge (you might have said so somewhere but I can't remember where and I migth as well be a completist anyway :)), I'll give both.
Oh, and regarding your mention of the "five major bosses", you've said that Soorec is one. I'm guessing that Gholst/Theron count(s) as one because they're in the same body. Having also read your character-knowledge summary thing which goes through each of the NPCs who've been mentioned so far, I'm guessing the other three are the unknown priest dude, the erm...warlord bloke, or whatever he was, second-in-command to Gholst, I thinK, or leader of the soldiers or someone...and the last one erm...maybe that Fex person. Or someone else you mentioned and I forgot. Or maybe the Grey Lord himself counts.
Anyway, yes, on with answering those questions. "CK" is "Character Knowledge", "PK" is "Player Knowledge". Because I know before I start that I probably can't be arsed to type out the full thing over and over again ;).

Where is the Grey Lord?
CK
- The "Grey Lord" is someone who's probably been mentioned a few times. He's probably quite a powerful figure. There was a dude in grey...or maybe black...robes who threw everyone across the room not very long ago and split up the group. But this may not have been the Grey Lord - he was some kind of powerful mage, certanly, but all the mages here seem to be powerful, certainly in comparison wo the magicless Ameena. Anyway, the group-splitting mage might have had red eyes and black robes - the memory is vague. This Grey Lord person is someone powerful, and whose location several people seem to wonder about. That's about it.
PK - The Grey Lord's spirit, I think, is somewhere in the dungeon, sort of. Damaged, maybe, or split into pieces, or something. There's some kind of soul stone thingy that needs to be found in order to either revive the Grey Lord or bring him back into phase with the rest of the world, or something. The stone is either currently lost, or broken into pieces which have been separated. On the First Run, the soul stone was found and used(?) at around the time of the confrontation with Gholst/Theron, because the Grey Lord was present there to get pissed off when Gholst killed Theron and caused him to change (permanently?) into Lord Chaos, chuck the party back through time (well, I'm guessing that was the final act of the Grey Lord, as an attempt to get the group to change the way things have gone), and then go about destroying the Univer. Or something ;).

What is Theron doing? Has he let Gholst and the soldiers into the mountain? If so, why?
CK
- Presumably memories of Theron are vague enough that Ameena wouldn't remember the whole Gholst thing? If so, presumably she is sort of aware that he is/was a person who lives/lived inside the dungeon somewhere, was human and probably a mage. If she remembers any more than this, she probably has some idea that he has something to do with Gholst, that the two are either working together in some way, or maybe are the same person with two names (like Soorec/Seeroc). She may also know that Theron is closely associated with the Grey Lord in some way - maybe a friend or relative of some kind. Her knowledge may not even be this specific - I've not had her try to remember details of that final encounter beyond the grey/black-robed mage dude throwing everyone across the ceiling, so I don't know whether she'd get any more than this (if she even recalls this much). I suppose it will need to be thought about a bit more, maybe once/if she gets a chance to tell the others what she knows - it might jog her memory.
PK - Theron has somehow become linked with Gholst - Gholst is inside his body, perhaps in some kind of spirit-form. I seem to recall that the letter found in the Vi-Altar room (where the group first met Drommal and friends, just off the Mummy Room) was deduced to have been written by him. I think. And it seemed to imply that he had...family, I think. Maybe a wife and kids or something. Or maybe just kids on the way but not born yet. It was/will be Theron's death at the hands of Gholst that causes the Grey Lord to totally flip out and boot the party back in time two weeks, presumably in the hopes of putting things right. Where Theron is or what he's actually doing (or even how aware he is of the current situation), I don't really know. Presumably he's downstairs some way, maybe on Level 13, in Chaos's old room. How he ended/will end up merging with Gholst I have no idea. Likewise I don't know where in the dungeon the final confrontation happened/will happen, but I can only guess it's wherever Theron/Gholst hangs out. Downstairs, then ;).

What's the secret of the ghost girl? Who is she, and what does she want?
CK
- The who-what?
PK - She might be some relative of Theron, maybe a daughter or his wife. she seems to know about him, and about Gholst, and pops up every now and then inflicting Will saves left, right, and centre whilst speaking in riddles. At least, she talks in rhyme and doesn't ever quite seem to make sense - her words probably do have some meaning once you work them out, but clearly some knowledge is missing with regard to who the smeg she is. Maybe she is a relative of Theron, who was possibly killed (by him, or Gholst, or Soorec, or any number of uber-bosses in the dungeon, or maybe by something else), and now her spirit roams around not really sure what to do, or something. Maybe her relationship with Theron (whatever it may have been) protects her spiritual essence, somehow, from becoming trapped/destroyed by whatever means are presumably used to entrap souls inside the blackskull armour. I have no idea, so far, whether/how often she popped up during the First Run. I suppose I'll have to wait and see if she pops up again in this run, in order to see whether it triggers any memories.

Who is Gholst? What's he doing? Why?
CK
- He's not very nice. From the sound of things, he's probably in charge around here, or something. Maybe he's something to do with that Theron person?
PK - Gholst doesn't have his own body. Either that or he'll lose it at some point. Either way he/his essence/spirit will become fused with Theron, the two both occupying (I don't think "sharing" is quite the right word ;)) Theron's body. Whether Theron allowed this to happen or whether Gholst forced it, I don't know/can't remember. Gholst seems to be the driving force behind all the shit that's been happening - the big head honcho, above even Soorec and other such uberish people. At the end of the First Run, the party confronted Gholst/Theron. They (the party) had possession of, or had used, the Grey Lord's soul stone thingy, which enabled him to appear. Gholst killed Theron, maybe destroyed his spirit and fully took over the body/converted it to his (Gholst's) own form. The sight of this occuring caused the Grey Lord to freak out, Chaos took over, etc etc. Gholst is, presumably, the Uber Big Final Boss. To beat him, presumably the soul stone needs to be found ASAP in order to get the Grey Lord back into action so he can help out. Gholst needs to be eradicated with as little damage done to Theron as possible. If Theron dies again and causes the Grey Lord to turn, Lord Chaos will then become a permanent fixture and happily set about destroying the world and all that. Presumably he takes out Gholst too or something - the party were busy being flung through time at the erm, time, so I suppose none of them will have noticed ;).

Who are the soldiers?
CK
- They wear black armour, with skulls on. The more important-seeming soldiers have unpleasant-looking, screaming faces on their armour. They keep talking about "souls" and it sounds like they put people's souls inside the armour - maybe that's what causes the screaming-face things to appear. This, presumably, makes the armour more powerful somehow. Possibly a soul is put into the armour, and then that creature's body is turned into a grak-grak, since they are undead and must come from somewhere. The soldiers aren't very nice - they seem to like attacking people and generally hurting them for no apparent reason. They seem to enjoy it, even. They tend to stand/walk around the dungeon in small groups, trying to cover as much ground as possible and not split up too much. They like using various types of pointy metal object, and burny-hot torches, to carry out their whims. Best avoided.
PK - As above - the thing with souls-inside-armour and the possibility of grak-grak creation from the soul's former body. Ameena's knowledge is pretty much parallel to my own on this one, apart from the fact that I can remember Drommal, Arbrut, Passin, etc, and what happened with them. I recall there's some kind of warlordy-person in charge of them but not what his name is or anything (if it's even come up yet). Oh, and the soldiers seem to be nervous around Soorec. Well, him being a mage and all (not to mention the grak-graks), I suppose that's hardly surprising ;).

What do you think of Seeroc/Soorec? What's his purpose?
CK
- He's a gnomish mage who created the grak-graks, and can control them with only his mind. If he dies, the grak-graks go berserk and just start attacking whatever comes near them. Since there are grak-graks in many locations throughout the dungeon, this can be a bad thing, as other people (even worse than Soorec) might notice and twig that Soorec is dead, and therefore come to investigate. The party defeated Soorec before - he came back to life which was how they found out about the berserk-grak-grak thing, but they managed to deal with him in such a way that he was incapacitated but not dead, therefore the party could continue on their way without fear of either im or the grak-graks causing much bother. It's been a while since the group saw him last, but now they've come across him again, and he's free! Well, he was, but then he was killed again, and now he's alive again, and talking some weirdness as though he doesn't know who Ameena is, or indeed anyone else. Maybe his memory was messed up, much like Ameena's, by whatever happened to him. He shouldn't be trusted, and Ameena is unwilling to give away any more information whilst in his presence.
PK - In the First Run, as mentioned above, the party encountered both Soorec and his grak-graks. They killed him at least once and found that dong so caused the grak-graks to start ganking whatever came into range, so then figured out some way to sort him out and prevent him from acting or controlling the grak-graks, but that he was alive so they wouldn't freak out. Maybe they stoned him with his own wand, or something. It's something I thought of a little while ago, anyway. Now the party have met him again, but of course it's the first time for all of them, hence Ameena's confusion over his apparently not recognising them. But then again, Drommal said he did want Falkor and, I think, Haynuus, for some reason. Whatever the reason was hasn't yet been made clear. Likewise Soorec's purpose in the dungeon (ultimately serving Gholst?) at all. Maybe he just wants somewhere quiet to shut himself away, torturing random people and creating grak-graks ;).

Do you know who Fex is?
CK
- Who?
PK - I couldn't remember, but after reading through your NPC-summary-thing, I gather he was part of an earlier group to visit the dungeon (though I can't remember why). He had attempted to recruit Falkor, I think, but for some reason the halfling refused. I can't remember what race Fex is (maybe human or some kind of elvish?) but for some reason I'm thinking of him as a mage, so maybe that was mentioned at some point. He had some other people in his group, whose names I can't remember at all (maybe one of them was that cleric/priest bloke Westy was looking for?), except for Helm, who was brought along in the general thiefy-pick-locks-open-doors-disarm-traps-and-stuff role but then ended up separated from the rest of his group and captured by Drommal and co.

And a metagamy one - How do you think you win this instance of the game?
I'm not entirely sure I understand this question. Do you mean how do we win this encounter with Soorec? Or do you mean how do we actually finish the game? If the former, presumably we deal with him in the same/a similar way to before, so that we can get on with things without grak-graks nomming our bottoms. If the latter, we need to find/fix the soul stone to bring the Grey Lord back from wherever he is, or whatever state he's in, and also somehow deal with Gholst/Theron (unless that's what the Grey Lord was supposed to do but we just brought him back slightly too late to do it on the First Run).

Phew...lots of typing :D. That the kind of thing you were after?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That was exactly the kind of thing I was after - it lets me know what Ameena is supposed to know, so I can point out if she's forgotten stuff, or lets me realise I'm assuming Ameena should know something she doesn't

Similarly, I can fill in an player knowledge you should have but don't, or anything I haven't made clear.

So that's good!

Plus you reminded me abotu the soul stone, I need to write that up in the plot stuff!

Anyway, I will reply to your stuff in a little bit with one or two clarifications. Weeeeeee
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, I may have missed a few bits out with regarding player knowledge, but fortunately character knowledge is limited enough now that I can remember pretty much all Ameena should for now, what with her loss of all prior memories of the Second Run and only a bunch of vague fuzziness around the First Run.
About that soul stone thing, is that something that's come up at all yet? I know you told me about it when you were describing exactly wtf happened (ie end of the First Run, thrown back in time, Gholst/Theronm Grey Lord, etc), but I don't recall that it's ever been mentioned in any IC threads so far, even briefly. I suppose Ameena might remember something about it if it does get a mention, but presumably everyone else has to wait until they've survived all the Will saves and stuff in order to get those memories back again, whenever that ends up happening ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, and regarding your mention of the "five major bosses"
Actually, Gholst and Theron count separately... so that's the five.

The Grey Lord's spirit, I think, is somewhere in the dungeon, sort of.
Actually, its only been said the Grey Lord is gone. The soul stone has been name dropped before by one of the soldiers (Passin I believe), and after that Soorec explicitly mentioned how the Soul Stone allowed the Grey Lord to know what was happening in the dungeon when he was away from it, and that it also seemed to keep the 'non-living' magical creatures alive. Smashing the Soul Stone means the Grey Lord has no idea what's going on, and all the creatures that were pure magic start going eird and then fading to nothing.

Restoring the Soul Stone in the first run meant the Grey Lord knew what was happening and came back.

I seem to recall that the letter found in the Vi-Altar room was deduced to have been written by him.
Indeed. The letter seems to be dated two weeks ago (though Westian briefly though one month ago, who knows why that would be....)> Ameena in the second run through felt the scent trails aroudn the mummy room of the metal men coming in were about that age too, for they were almost to faint to detect.

The letter did imply he had a wife, and a kid on the way at least.

The final confrontation did indeed happen around level 13, but there is a quick way to bget back to the level 1 alcove room, and 'Theron' tried to flee that way pursued by the party.

She might be some relative of Theron, maybe a daughter or his wife.
She looks like Theron, so...

...Maybe she is a relative of Theron, who was possibly killed
Maybe... :)

And all the Gholst stuff sounds about right.

Who are the soldiers?
No reason to assume that the grak-graks and soldier-armour is that explicitly linked. But basically right. And who says the armour is made more powerful :)

Warlordly person in charge would be Gholst, followed by Garax Warblade. And yeah, Soorec would make anyone nervous...or at least, his grak-graks would! Especially if it's known what happens if he isn't alive to control them!

You seem to have Soorec pretty on the nose too. The reason why Soorec wants Falkor and Haynuus hasn't been revealed to the players at large (yet), and I have a funny feeling the person who does know maybe doens't recall, or realise what it means.

You seem to have the Fex stuff right too.

And a metagamy one - How do you think you win this instance of the game?
I meant end this dungeon, finish the game. So, you really think repeating the ending of the first run, except better, is the way to go? Ok! :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

So, regarding the Soul Stone, if it was Soorec who gave the description then it's okay for Ameena to remain in the dark about that for now, since I presume you mean he explained it while he was putting on the Brighteyes act for everyone else - in which case Ameena wasn't there for it so presumably only has her First Run memories to fall back on, which of course will be tricky right now as there's been no mention of it and therefore nothing to jog the memory.
The guesses on soldier armour/grak-graks etc were just that - guesses. Obviously I don't know yet myself so I'm just theorising (as opposed to outright assuming), and since Ameena knows about as much as I do, she's okay to theorise the same thing :).
And ahhh, Garax Wardblade - that's the warlordy person I was trying to think of. I have an image in mind of either an ogre or a half-orc, but that just might be an assumption I've made and that his race hasn't yet been mentioned.
And finally, regarding the "How do we end the dungeon?" thing...well, going by what I have, it seems that the party got something wrong, or took too lokg to stop Gholst from taking over/killing Theron, something like that, therefore that mistake, whatever it was, needs to be rectified this time around. Mayvbe it is just a matter of timing, or maybe something was missed - maybe they needed to get some kind of anti-Gholst item or something, or maybe trigger/activate some kind of erm...thingy. Maybe they needed to get the Grey Lord back sooner. I dunno. I suppose I'll find out a bit later on when more stuff has been revealed :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes to the soul stone thing. Passin mentioned it infront of Ameena, but that's second run. Or FR and SR as we should call them :)

It was mentioned Gholst's old second in command was an orc, but is now dead. Maybe that's why you thought orc?

Lol, all of those sound about right for ending it!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm, maybe, or maybe the name "Garax" just brings to mind a big doofus with a very large axe/sword/mace/hammer who likes to stomp around squishing/hacking things :D. So I was just getting confuzzled then - Gholst used to have an orc working for him, but now he has Garax? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter too much right now - Ameena wouldn't know it (unless her memory is jogged later and it turns out she encountered Garax in the First Run) so I don't really need to just yet :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can you put your 6th level sheet over to the main thread?

Obviously, you can still ahve a secret area for notes while the whole future.past thing resolves itself
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I was going to update my character post in the main thread when I ding 6, yes...but I haven't sorted my new level yet. I'll need to find the bit on that DnD website which tells me all the stuff I'm supposed to do and then I'll probably post up my intended changes on here so you can check them and tell me all the bits I've done wrong/missed out before I post it in the "proper" thread ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm

+1 to all your attacks, +1 to all your saves, +1 to your trap sense ability, 8 more skill points to spend, roll more hit points (rol la d6, give yourself a minimum of 4 points, thne deduct your -1 constitution), and remember to take a feat!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Ameena character sheet and notes

Post by Ameena »

Groovy...saves me looking all that up, lol.
Let's see...

Attacks change to the following...
Melée bonus: +5 (and another +3 if using light/natural weapons)
Range bonus: +8

Saves...
Fortitude: 0, +1 against disease
Reflexes: +8
Will: +3

Trap sense = +2 to Reflex saves and +2AC against traps that you spring (if I understood right and I'm adding to the right thing)

Skills...erm...the max I can increase them to is my level +3 isn't it, that can be put into it (before taking stat bonuses/penalties into account)? So in other words I can now have a total of nine points put into a skill (again, not taking stat effects into account)? Working under that, here will be my new skills...

Appraise (Int): (3+1), 4
Acrobatics (Dex): (9+3+2), 14, 18 to balance, +3AC fighting defensively, +6AC total defence
Athletics (Str): (5+0+2), 7, 14 to climb and swim, 18 to avoid swim hazard. Take 10 on climb and swim anytime.
Bluff (Cha): (3-1), 2
Diplomacy (Cha): (9-1), 8
Thievery (Dex): (9+3), 12, 10 only for assessing traps
Escape Artist (Dex): (5+3), 8
Stealth (Dex): (9+3+2), 14, 18 when hiding
Intimidate (Cha): (1-1), 0
Knowledge (Local) (Int): (3+1), 4
Perception (Wis): (9+1), 10
Sense Motive (Wis): (9+1), 10, 14 against small, non-humanoid mammals
Sleight of Hand (Dex): (6+3), 9, +11 for concealing daggers

Skills increased are Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Thievery, Stealth, Perception, Sense Motive, and Sleight of Hand - all +1. Did I do that all right?

Now, hitpoints...1d6 = 3, therefore increase to 4 and -1. New hp total = 24. Do I just increase my maximum to 24 but keep my current on 8?

And finally, my feat...
Hmmm...having looked through the list I've narrowed it down to four possible ones...
Improved Initiative - +4 Initiative (always useful to get a move in earlier in combat :D)
Improved Unarmed Strike - Character counts as armed even when unarmed so doesn't provoke an AoO if attacking someone who is armed. Get an AoO if attacked by someone unarmed. Can choose whether unarmed strikes do lethal or non-lethal damage (good for in-combat nommage against various nasties, considering how Ameena dealt with combat the last time she had to attack something, albeit that mob was unarmed too)
Iron Will - +2 Will saves (well, hmm, I wonder why I would find this one useful ;))
Run - Runspeed becomes 5x walkspeed instead of 4x (if wearing medium/light armour and not carrying too much). Running jumps get a +4 bonus to the Jump skill check (so Acrobatics in our case). Dex bonus to AC isn't lost while running (again, this skill looks like it could be useful in combat if Ameena has to suddenly leg it across the room or something).

I presume I don't get another Feat for another four levels or something, so a while off yet. Doctor Who is on in a minute so I'll decide on this later. Meanwhile, is the rest of it (my levelling) okay? :)
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

All seems good! Your next feat isn't until level 9 I'm afraid, which would be near the end of the game really (depending on how everything goes. At the very least, the end of the dungeon... I have a new story if people are interested that far in...)

Fort save is +2 against disease, but otherwise looks good as do attacks.
Trap sense is correct.
Your skills all seem fine (so many conditional bonuses!)

Unarmed strike - good for Ameena using her hands or teeth without being squished, and means that yes, she can AoO without drawing a weapon. Notice how badly the disguised grak-graks and Soorec did in the fight cause they had no weapons drawn? :) Ameena can technically already choose lethal or non-lethal damage depending on using her claws or teeth, but this feat would let her do either. So the rattie you bit could have been bit with no lethal damage!

Improved initiative and run both have their charms, it really depends on what you are doing, Improved initiative might have more use, but run seems more suited to Ameena.

Who knows, will saves might become a thing of the past soon. :D

And weee, Doctor Who! Wasn't sure about it first time through cause it seemed an abrupt ending, but enjoyed it immensely the second watch through.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm...looking at it, and your comments, I think I'll go with Improved Unarmed Strike. Hopefully Ameena won't need it, but it wil at least give her a bit of a boost if she gets attacked by someone who's unarmed, or in a situation like that with Small-Small if such a situation occurs again.
I'll make the changes in my actual character sheet (the Word document I use as my reference point for any character stuff) and post it up in this thread over the top of the first post. Umm...have I got a thread like this in the main DnD section of the forum or shall I make one?

Edit - Oh and one other thing...what about my hitpoints? I asked whether her current hitpoints stay at 8 because she was injured, or whether they go up somehow since the maximum has gone up.

Second edit - Oops, her max doesn't go up to 24, it goes up to 23, I forgot about the Con penalty. Well, I didn't, but I somehow managed to subtract one from four and still have four, lol.
Last edited by Ameena on Wed May 05, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

All it means is you are considered armed for the purposes of AoO - you don't generate them attacking with your claws of bite, and you can give them, even against an unarmed person :)

You don't have a post in the main thread, feel free to make one :D

Oh, I missed the hitpoint question - her hit points go up by the amount you gain to your maximum. So that's cool.

Oh, and while the will save was good, it wasn't that good - could you perhaps add a brief confusion about running away? A little hesistation as a very brief ember of SR memory flares, quickly snuffed out :p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

So yeah, hit points 12/24 instead of 8/20
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Heh, you posted twice while I was busy sorting my character and multi-editing my previous post. Anyway...it's done now. The first post of this thread is now my new character sheet. I'll also post the same into the main section so everyone else can see it.
And I'll make the requested edit of me IC post. I had sort of intended to put something and then sort of sidetracked myself and forgot, lol.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No problem. And well done ignoring my deliberate error... 11/23 is indeed your hit point total, not 12/24 :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Heh, yes, I put a second edit into my previous post mentioning that ;).
At some point I'll have to have Ameena show those two other potions to Westian (or someone). For now she has enough questions and stuff she wants answered/dealt with that she probably won't think of it for a while yet.