FALKOR'S SUPER SECRET ADVENTURE!

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: FALKOR'S SUPER SECRET ADVENTURE!

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, seems stupid not to give you closure! It's like that's my job :D But if you have some cool imagery, feel free to add it and I can remove mine!

Unlike a normal humanoid or animal, the poor wizard eye had a fatal weakness against the power of petrification. It didn't really mave many extremities, its eyes automatically frozen and hardened as the magic took quick hold. The bright light of its central eye - the source ofits power too - was also affected quickly. The wizard's eye dipped and bobbed uncertainly, barely able to move. The eyes on stalks twisted and then hardened. There were grotesque tears in them as they contracted a little. Each eye seemed to be directed accusingly at Falkor. The central eye grew pale, then the light was a sickly grey. They the light become small beams shotting out in various directions. Even though the teleporter was still on and illuminating the area, Falkor noticed the reduced light level from a moment ago as the burning red point and pale glow of the central eye disappeared.

"See.."
"Can't..."
"Scent..."
"Gone..."
"GONE!"

The telepathic screams seemed to be comign from so far away they were hard to hear, evn in the silence. And then with a heavy thuud the hovering ball of stone succumbed to gravity and crashed into the ground. The bottom shattered into bits. The whole mass then toppled backwards, half blockign the entrance.

Whether the silence was accusitory, or victorious, Falkor had managed to win this battle. Still sore from his lightning damage, Falkor perhaps knew he needed to get away from such dangerous foes. Scoprion were larger and had more exptremities, they might be harder to defeat.

Still, Falkor could still feel the power in the wand, at least one more charge left. And better yet, there was the tingle in the bakc of his mind. Perhaps in a quiet moment, he could gentle coax the runes for this powerful spell to his conscious mind.

Right, you probably don't have to worry about a scorpion instantly attackign you from beyond the entrance. Yet. :) So, what's Falkor going to do now?
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor was tired, it felt like a lifetime since he split with the group and he hadn't anticipated the sheer volume of fighting he would need to do.. and he knew that he was not alone, there were more scorpians either side of the blue haze who would happily 'play' with him if he was too noisy. still, in the calmness that had engulfed the surrounding room, he wanted nothing more than to re-charge his energy. He decided the room where he had met the elf ghost was the best place, yes there were scorpians close by, but that room had a door protecting it, and if a Scorpian wished to enter... well then he would be woken by the breaking of a door - perhaps giving enough time to dissapear or react!

Falkor moved towards the blue haze, let out a quiet sigh and stepped into the blue mist......
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, Falkor was escaping the scorpion in the other room to come to this room. However, I'm going to let Falkor be dazed enough to walk back (I assuem it's been so long since that event you'd forgotten), because...

Falkor staggered through the blue haze, only to be confronted on the other side by a strange sight. for a moment he had forgotten the scorpion that had once been in the other room, that had travelled back to menace both him. Before, the ghostly druid had fallen into shock instead of follow Falkor through the haze.

However, it appeared that in Falkor's absense, things had changed. The bulky scorpion was cowering in the corner, its tail flicking. In the air was a recogniseable if translucent person, as the elven druid had apparently managed to manifest in the real world. It was holding out its hand, and somehow was driving back the scorpion.

"My friend," said the elf turning as Falkor returned, "do you see! You were right. My High Lord is still with me. I can see this thing's mind, its poor twisted mind. I understand it now, I can forgive it and its kind. They were tortured to this form by Chaos. It came for me, but it could not harm me." There seemed to be a sadness in his voice. "And I do not need the trappings of my passed life, for my High Lord is with me, closer now. I do not think I have a reason to stay."

While it was strange to speak with a giant scorpion so close, the creature seemed to be in no hurry to confront the ghost. Hearing Falkor's experience on the opposite side, and seeing the weariness in the halfling mage, the elf nodded. "I can make this room safe for you, I know of a way." The elf gestured. "I can see its mind, I could enter its mind and steer it for a while. I shall take the scorpion to the other room, and guard the opposite side while you set. Should anything seek to attack you here, come throug hthe haze."

The elf gives a small bow to Falkor. "Thank you for your words of strenght, my friend. Should I not see you again, and should fortune be strange, I would ask only one thing. If you discover the previous articles of my faith - a staff of wood that is shaped liek the water, and a pendant that bears the mark of the water - please could you see them back to my kin in the forest aroudn this mountain. My body is nothing, it should join back with the bones of the world. But more than ever, I would like to see my faith rescued from this place, and allowed to touch others."

I'll leave it there so Falkor can say anythign or ask anything (or even try to suggest/request some different course of action). If nothign else happens, then the elf druid will possess the scorpion, and Falkor will be treated to the odd sight of the scorpion calmly walking back throug hthe teleporter.

With the room clear, Falkor is free to do anythign else he wants - or einvestigate anything else he wants - bfore grabbing some rest to recharge. Given how far timewise everyone else is now, some time jumping is fine, as is gettign back your resources!

I'm still tempted to allow you to refresh your speak to animals ability soon (perhaps after this semi-extended rest) and perhaps allow a few more minutes recharged back into the cloak. AS it stands, I believe you have @2 minutes of use left in that.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, and if you've only been able to pay attention to this thread, did you know you've been playignthis game for a year now? Scary, right? Especially for you, so mch has gone on this passsed year too! ANyway, just thought it was worth a comment :)
money
On Master

Post by money »

"If i come across them, I will return your Staff and Pendant to your Kin. If we do not meet again - you have my thanks... can i ask one last favour before you go... I have the ability to speak with the animals also, although only a limited ability compared with yours, but if I by chance come across more of these tortured creatures is there anything i can say to them that would help them understand i mean no harm?"

Falkor, weary and tired sat down on the floor, looking at the spirit... and the cowering scorpian...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The elf nods thanks at the words, and contemplates the question. "The creatures are twisted by Chaos's influence. I do not know if you can reach them - though if you perhaps are on a quest to defeat Chaos's influence, they might understand enough to let you be."

So how long do you want to rest? Long enough to refresh powers and take a breather? That would be about 20 minutes. Properly nap? That would be about 1 - 2 hours, would put Falkor back on the same timing as the rest of the group, and let his speak with animals and a small portion of the cloak's ability come back. Your call!
money
On Master

Post by money »

Feeling calm and relaxed, Falkor closed his eyes and rested. He thought to himself that if he was luck enough to get a couple of hours rest that would be for the best - he didn't know when his next chance would come.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Unlike having the murderous gnome one step away from him, this place felt protected. The spirit could protect him from angry ghosts and apparently angry creatrues of the Chaos. The beaten up door of this room had help against one Scorpion, and besides a second attempt could not be done stealthily.

Falkor drifted off into an apparently dreamless sleep...

Something touched his nose, although it took a few moments for his brain to wake him up to realise that was what had happened. Falkor's eyes flicked open into complete darkness. Apparently, he had been asleep for long enough that both his own light spell, and more importantly the teleporter to the other room, had both extinguished.

That meant his ghostly companion might not be around.

The room was silent. There didn't seem to be any noise of anything moving around. And then something brushed infront of his face right at his nose again!

Good news - 2 more minutes of your cloak, so you have around four minutes of use. And your spells and talk to creatures refreshes.

Bad news - something silent is moving around in the pitch black room with you!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As an aside, I've realised there's a relatively easy meta-game way for Falkor to rejoin Westian just now if you want. He's currently on his own (playing with other players wise), trying to start a war between the Trolins and the blackskull soldiers :)

Obviously, he's got the healing magic and hit point boosters, and you have the sneaky ideas, cloak and good orcish/elvish language skills. A perfect match!

Obviously if you prefer to keep playing at your own pacing seperately, that was the plan. I just realised it wasn't too much of a stretch to nudge the narrative a little to have you guys hook up. Just a thought!
money
On Master

Post by money »

OOC: I would love to meet up with Westian - it's been lonely running between these two rooms for the last month or two! :)

BIC: Falkor was startled at first, he couldn't see anything and although no harm had come to him, he was aware that something was creeping around. He quietly spoke the words "Ful" and in an instant the room was light and he could see....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

He'd love to meet up with you too. So the wheels are in motion. Obviously, there will be a little metagame nudge every so often. I'm more nudging Westian than Falkor, the following was always goign to be an option for Falkor to discover. Just in this case - best to take it :D

The magical flight flared instantly, settling quickly with its bright glow. After wincing at the light, it was easy to see the giant thing right in Falkor's face...

That was, of course merely terrible close, but quickly flittered away and became a manageable size to his eyes very quickly. It was such a strange sight in this dungeon. It was a butterfly!

The creature was about hand-sized, and had shining green and blue wings. It hovered in the air, dancing infront of Falkor's surprised face, floating backwards if Falkor moved forwards. It seemed to slowly move backwards more, still facing Falkor. It was almost as if it wanted the halfling to follow it...
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor had reservations about following anything in this dungeon, he was single minded - not that it had prooved beneficial to be on many occasions... still, the butterfly, in a dungeon, what harm could it do? Falkor pondered for a moment or two then decided to follow. If he came up against trouble not only did he have the cloak to hand, but he also felt refreshed and considering his last few battles a little more self-confident.

Falkor slowly rose to his feet and moved quietly towards the butterfly.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The butterfly seemed to be leading Falkor out of the room, back through the ruined door. It was hard to get over the damaged planks while coporeal, although the vicious assault by the scorpion earlier on seemed to have made it an easier proposition.

The corridor beyond seemed quiet - very quiet. Falkor strained his ears for any sounds of shuffling, or metal clanking, but there was nothing.

The butterfly fluttred onwards, back towards Soorec's room. Falkor could have suspected a trap, except nothing about the butterfly felt illusionary nor evil. After all, if the butterfly had been Soorec's pet, wouln't it have just left Falkor and gone to get a grak-grak?

As Falkor got closer to Soorec's room, he realised something was wrong. The door appeared to be open, and odder yet, there appeared to be nothing around. The teleporters were up, providing their own glow, but there seemed to be no Soorec, no grak-graks, nor anything else visible.

Where was everyone?

However, that was when Falkor heard a noise - a distinct banging sound. And someone yelling. Then, stranger still, he heard a voice he recognised. It was the voice of the knight, Farel.

"Westian?" he said, apparently to the banging sound. "Is that you?"

Curiouser and curiouser...

So there you go, I've maybe pulled you along a little further than Falkor would perhaps have gone by himself :) However, no one seems to be around, except a trapped Farel. WHo seems to think Westian is at the other door! What will you do next?
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor followed the butterfly, his senses almost lost in wonder at the amazing site so deep in the dungeon. It took a while for Falkor to realise that things were a little too quiet - but once he had the butterfly seemed far less important to him. What was going on, where was everyone? Had Gholst been defeated? Was Theron still around? Where was BrightEyes... nothing seemed to make any sense. He got the sense that perhaps the cloak did more than just shift him through to the ethreal plane, perhaps if worn for long preiods it could manipulate time. He quickly dismissed that notion, he certainly hadn't sensed anything and given the events of the past few days he was sure it wouldn't be that simple...

Just then he heard a familier voice... a friendly voice... or perhaps a Grak Grak in disguise... This was going to be tough, how would he be able to tell, he would need to set a trap... but for now, he would make contact.

"Farel, can you hear me?"... "It's Falkor, are you ok?"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"Falkor too?" asks Farel, and then seems to change his tone. "Is this a trick? " However, then he seems to berate himself. "No, I am sorry, yes, I can hear you. Westian is at the other door, I beleive it is locked. The gnome was distracted when he left. His necklace that activates the doors is on the table here. And Ardur and myself are trapped behind the magical walls of force."

Falkor still had odd fragments of memory that were not, strickly speaking, ones he felt he should have. He felt certain that the grak-graks never, to his knowledge, possessed the ability to speak. That Farel was speaking, it was a different type of trick if it was a trick. And Falkor could still not detect a trick.

I think you can probably start posting in Westian's thread (I'm using his character thread right now). He will be able to hear you through the other door once you are in the other room.