WESTIAN'S, FALKOR'S AND AUREK'S EXCELLENT CRUSADE

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: WESTIAN AND FALKOR'S EXCELLENT CRUSADE

Post by beowuuf »

The female Trolin had been looking down the other corridor speculative, as if to keep going a few more steps to explore. She turned when Westian asked a question, thoguh seemed to notice Falkor's firm instructions more.

"Time passed since this way. Goga lead us then. He did did thing with wall when walk this way, not remember til see you do it too. Not remember corridor going two ways."

However, the female Trolin moved towards the other corridor as Falkor had said, and on seeing the bend in the corridor, seemed more confident. "This way. Straight on now, this way. Sure of it," she said.

Right hand corridor it is without delay, right? Let me know if there are any more preparations, etc you want to do. I can assume a decent chunk of walking (...maybe...) after that.

Incase you need where the others are, Aurek and Farel will be waiting for you at the turn of the corridor. Aldur is hovering around beside Falkor. The female Trolin is a little beyond where Falkor is standning, in the right hand corridor.

And yes, shifted stones have to come from somewhere... :red:

And yeah, the trick with puzzles is probably to always make them simpler. Not because of any lack of ability on a player's part, but usually because there is absolutely no boundaries in what a player can do. You could be trying out logical solutions for weeks without some artifical nudges, by which time it may as well have been a simple and satisfying puzzle.

Save the complex ones for finales!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian accepted the group consensus and set off down the right hand-side.

Yes, straight ahead! I did not want Westian to strike up any conversations with his companions before I was sure we were safe for a while, hence the brief IC update!

You are right, now that I think about it puzzles in a PbP game are more difficult to design than in a computer or tabletop RPG. Because in a cRPG you have limited actions, and you can mess around in real time. And in a tabletop game you have direct interaction, so you can chat amongst yourselves very easily and go through the options. But in PbP there is any amount of actions a player can do combined with the fact that t one post a day really getting into a tough puzzle that needs lots of tinkering would take months instead of half an hour. I do not envy you the job of designing them (though you have done well so far).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, I'll push us forward then. Although I'll hint at where you are about to lead up to, I'll let you guys retocon your IC discussions as you walk along.

And simpler puzzles need simpler design, makes it easier. Though I still manage to make mistakes....I won't point out the last one, I think it slipped by unnoticed :p

The female Trolin - Guree, as she said to Ardur when he plucked up the coruage to ask - seemed again eager to press on now she knew where they were. She didn't seem to believe they were in any danger, and pulled them along the corridor in a hustle that was hard on Falkor.

Feel free to cast an aura of speed, an ON level version should last long enough.

The long corridor snaked once, a relief that a fireball would not strike them from behind now, although soudns of rumbling nor pursuit did not seem to be coming. That worry was finally ended when the corridor turned a corner and ended in a collapsed tunnel. The reason for relief was because a new artifical tunnel had been smashed into the brick wall just before this. The crudeness and power of the handiwork spoke of Trolin (well, or grak-grak, but the group liked to think Trolin clubs were responsible).

The new tunnel dug was narrow, and curved aroudn to the left leaving the right-hand turned old cirrodor behind. Even if something large and predatory had came up behind them, it could not get into the narrow tunnel. The group had to move single file as it was.

Guree led them from the front, certain of her movements. "Watch out for guards soon" she said. "This way opens to back way to king. Guards line way. They should take us to him, if Tosca not made thigns bad for us."

The group did not have a chance to worry over this thought, because already their light was spilling around Guree's form and revealing at the edges of sight - at least to Westian - that the tunnel was leading somewhere. It was about to become an opening to somewhere....larger.

Ok, so that's the journey. Retcon any conversations, precautions, etc as you hustle along.A part order in the corridor would not go amiss! As long you don't want to do anythign to alter the narratie of the journey, then feel free to end any IC discussions and actions along the way by referencing the tunnel. Don't feel obliged to reference it until you are happy you've gotten up to speed and have done everythign you wanted to on the way.

The single file corridor is long enough to feel 'secure' in chatting OB if you like (both in being able to talk without Guree hearing you, or worrying about stuff behind you) before Guree mentions the guards and you come to the end :)
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

They trudged wordlessly for a time, Westian silently worrying about the pursuing creature. He had never seen a dragon, and never wanted to. Still, their pace was good and no sounds could be heard from behind, so gradually he allowed himself to relax slightly.

When they had some privacy Westian quietly spoke to Falkor, with hsi body language indicating taht it was merely a chat to pass the time.

“So, what have you been doing since we saw you last?” he asked. “You disappeared from Soorec’s room and we just lost touch with you. Anyway, now taht we have a chance to talk, I wanted to say do not worry about the Trolins. They are violent creatures certainly, and not to be trusted, but they could be very useful. We are facing an army of blackskull soldiers, we cannot fight them alone. This could be our opportunity to defeat them and their leaders, meaning that Mt. Anais could be restored to order. Who knows what the consequences of failure would be for our world?” His voice trailed off for dramatic effect.

“So long as Tosca has not made it before us we should have a good chance to convince the king to attack. Just trust me.”

Farel walked close by the pair, and Westian decided to take the opportunity to find out some more about the mysterious knight, and make sure that he would accept the coming events. Aurek assured him that he was not evil, and he trusted the paladin implicitly, but it was still true that they knew next to nothing about him.

“So, Sir Farel, while I am glad to have you by my side again, I was deeply saddened to see that you and your ward did not manage to leave this place. Soorec is indeed a bitter creature. But we will make it out anyway, have no fear." He smiled reassuringly.

"Having the Trolins as allies is not ideal, but we have a heavy responsibility to bear. This could be our chance to end the evil that festers here. With Lord Chaos loose once more the very existence of our world is in danger. Failure is not an option." His voice had a deadly serious tone, and his expression was morbid. "But I want you to know that I will do whatever it takes to see that all we hold dear survives these dark times.”

“I would like to know more about your background, now that we finally have a moment to discuss such matters. Your code is based on non-violence. Is that something you have developed yourself, or are you directly following some tradition or other? It is a most noble calling - if only the entire world shared your views this plane would be so much better for all” he sighed.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ooh, so much to reply to! Well, a little bit. I'll leave money to reply first, and sneak in Farel's replies latre on. Don't want to flood Falkor out with a NPC now, do we!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, and for the fun of it OB, roll me a d20 for speaking to Farel. Infact, roll me two d20s :D The first is for diplomacy, as a fallback.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor moved on, the path was interesting and there was much for a curious wizard/halfling to see along the way. Westian came alongside and began asking about the events following Soorec's room. It seemed like months had passed and so much had happened, but when he began to think about it there was little exciting to tell, well, little that he thought the Priest would be interested in and yet where and what had happened to them was surely more interesting...

"I remained in Soorec's room untill you moved on, there was little time and I feared that with me by your side you would all have been in more trouble. Soorec and Gholst clearly wanted rid of me for what reason i cannot say. After a while i followed the path you had taken, i could hear and feel your presence along the way until i came to the cross roads with the beaten door. Seeing Ameena leaving i went to rest behind the door where the body of Elf slain in his tracks. It was an emotional time, the spirit had remained for many a year with no help or realisation that he had indeed passed on from this world. I met his spirit in the ethreal plane and together we finally put an end to the evil soldier - Arbrut! It was a great battle and an honerable fight."

He reflected for a moment, remembering the spirit not just for the battle with Arbrut but the knowledge he shared that had spared them their lives at the blue haze (referring to the Scorpian) and also the promise he had made.

"I made him a promise, that if i shall come across a pendant and staff resembeling the water of life, then i shall return to his kin in the forest around the mountain. I have not seen them yet but is suspect that fate will bring them to me. That is really all i can tell - there were a few more battles, but these are less interesting - I wish to know what happened to you past the cross roads. What has become of Haynuus and Ameena? Why did you seperate? How did you come to be close company with the Trolins?"

soo many questions, it was nice though as it helped to break the journey and stop him looking too closely at this surroundings, it was important to continue to build the trust of his friends, and enemies however close they were!

Oh - one more thing, did you happen to find any scrolls in Soorecs room? I think there was one missing that he was keen to recover - if you have any I may be able to make use of them. My skills are returning and I believe that whatever was on the scroll he so desperately wanted will be most usefull in due course!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

"Well I understand your reasoning for disappearing - Soorec really wanted you dead. When you left things did get easier with that awful gnome...maybe that was a wise move." Falkor’s apparently random actions were now starting to make sense to Westian.

“As for us, well we continued on for a time with grak-grak “guides”. But in a moment of confusion we were separated and managed to go our own way. We knew we had to go to the elven priest’s lair, but equally we knew that he would sense Aurek and me as soon as we got close. So Haynuus and Ameena were safer on their own. They ventured onwards, whereas Aurek and I went to see if we could coordinate our attack with an attack by the Trolins. As you can see that is still very much a work in progress” he added dryly.

“So Haynuus and Ameena must be well into the lair by now. I hope they are okay” he said seriously, as he muttered a simple protective prayer To Larethian for them.

The rolls were 6 and 19, in that order. I am not sure what the 6 is for so I don’t know what modifier to use. For diplomacy it is 19 + 13 = 32. The prayer for Haynuus and Ameena was only meant to be flavour text, but actually...could I give up a zero-level slot to give them a +1 to their next (important) dice roll?
Last edited by oh_brother on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
money
On Master

Post by money »

"I hope so too, I parted under suspicious circumstances and feel that Ameena will never forgive me for attacking the soldiers." Flkor sighed, he knew that whatever happened, whatever the friendly rat was going through emotions would most likely come back once she saw him - assuming she was still alive.

"The scrolls, did you pick up any of the scrolls in Soorec's room?" he asked Westian again, it was not a concern if he failed to answer and was not desperately pushing, but just asking in case he had missed the question when focusing on Farel.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

"You never know. Ameena might surprise you and be ready to move past what happened. We have all had to do things we were not comfortable with while we are here, I am sure Ameena is no different. Maybe with the benefit of more experience she will understand your actions better."

"And no, I do not have any scrolls from Soorec's room. To be honest I just wanted to get out of there, so I took nothing with me. Check with Aurek, but I don't think he took anything either. Sorry."
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"Yes," said Farel, coming out of some revelry. Or perhaps he had been trying to listen in. Farel's face clouded mentioning his ward. "I wish I could protect the boy," said Farel softly, "but I fear the dangers are too great, and the consequence of not opposing the forces behind them too severe." Farel gave a wan smile in reply to Westian's own brittle one. Still, Westian's strong words seem to instill confidence in Farel.

The knight is a little surprised at the questions on his own story, and takes a quick look to Ardur who is not too far infront. Clearly the boy had wanted to listen in to Westian and Falkor, and was denied it by Farel's own placement.

"Well, the Order of Pax Varette is concerned with maintaining the peace between the various baronies and duchies that border each other. As the order is mostly concerned with keeping the law between brother lands, then I suppose a certain restraint is called for. However, the oaths we take to the Oak and the Rose call for action in defense of the lands in the absense of the King. And of course to seek out anything that may harm the lands.

Farel seems temporarily lost in his own thoughts. "The Somnuth house has mostly been knights of arms and soldiers of the highest order. I would say taking it upon myself to follow the path of least violence was the influence of Dexter's father. Dexter being Ardur's father, and Andras Forbes being his grandfather. A great man, a scholar rather than a soldier, although he was the keeper of the code through two campaigns."

Farel signs. "What you say of the Trolins perhaps explains why I do not sharpen the sword of my fathers. A weapon is violent too, and cannot be trusted even if it is useful. 'A sword's blow may strikest where you wouldst not have it, as skillful as you become. A sword's weight may be taken from thine hand all too easily, even if the weight of its use thereafter remains upon your shoudlers.'"

Farel looks off for a moment. "Those last words are not mine," he clarified, "they were the words of Andras. I may honour in duty and position my forefathers, but I will honour in actions the words that rang true to me as a young squire. I believe in your intent and honestly, and know in my heart your heavy words are true. However I hope Andras's words may in turn be taken into your own heart as they once did mine. If you still beleive your actions with the Trolin are necessary, you shall have my sword by your side. Just do not be too quick to use such fickle means unless you are certain you can guide the strike without harm. Consequences can be a heavy burden to bear."

Farel pauses again. "It may sound foolish, but we also do not know how many of these soldiers are truly turned to evil. The one we captured - was Passin his name? - seemed to be reached by your words. Perhaps those same words are a stronger than any club that can be raised." Farel shook his head. "However, I trust your judgement in this matter, and will stand with you when you address the King."

Farel then briefly turned to Falkor. "Actions too, though can be as strong as words. Your actions that you have described convince me that Ameena - gentle as she appears - will see the goodness in your heart. I would not raise a hand to end a life if I could avoid it in any way, but I will not condemn one who does so if they defend their family or comrades."

Anyway, I'll leave it there to let you react and carry on with your own stuff! Great RP here btw! Especially Westian laying it on thick regarding the nature of the mission and the importance. And, infact, getting Farel onside and Falkor to fill in the blanks in the first place. Falkor's own story certainly has helped with Farel too. Plus it's just good to get it out in the open that side of Falkor his own adventure built on :)

Technically OB the diplomacy check was more to see if Farel would issue any caveats or ask for any conditions when you confronted the Trolins. You and money already eroded any nay-saying to the deal with the Trolins. Such a good diplomacy roll - combined with Farel's own poor check, matches well with the RP. I like when that happens :) As a bonus, Farel's even going to accept that things are dire enough he won't even burden you with a requets to protect Ardur. No swapping Farel for Aurek when confroting the king, etc. It's Ardur's time to shine I guess.

So that's pretty good too!

As I said before, I'll let you guys carry on if you like for a little longer, so you can figure out your moves etc. Just acknowledge the Trolin female at the end of these corridors to move on. Or I might move us on by the start of next week otherwise :)
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian listened intently to Farel’s description as the three of them walked along the empty corridors. “This Andras sounds like a good man, and a wise one. I will take your words to heart, we need to have a balance in all we do."

He seemed to think things over in silence for a minute before continuing. "I do not relish the path that lies before us, believe me. Any fighting I need to do, or cause, will not be done out of viciousness, or any desire for vengeance. But the army of dark soldiers would allow a great evil to fall on the world, and cannot be allowed to succeed." His eyes flicked between Farel and Falkor as he spoke. "That said if we can stop the plan with the minimum amount of bloodshed I will be happy. It may indeed be true that they can be saved, and we should bear that in mind.”

I am ready to move on, but more than happy for some RP time too. What about you money?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Westian felt a little ill for some reason, perhaps the thought of trying to see good in those who had placed themselves firmly in the employ of Chaos, and who worshipped death. Still, the feeling faded, and Westian's words to Sire Farel did seem to bouy the knight considerably.

"Andras was indeed a good man," said Farel louder, directing the comment to Ardur. "Just as his son was, and just as Dexter's son is aswell." Farel seemed hesitant, but continued. "Ardur, I am sure you have listened to what has been said. The danger we face. You have shown much bravery and even quick thinking." Ardur did not seem so convinced, his face white. Although the comment on quick thinking did make him look to Westian and Falkor, as if for approval. "I rpomised your parents I would keep you safe, but I also promised to show you the life and duties of a kngiht, and teach you them. This is one of those times, Ardur, when you must act for your lands and for the good of all innocents. Will you stand with Westian, and myself, as we walk into the Trolin's deepest lair?"

Ardur felt that there was some change in Farel's attitude, and seem to be as scared now as he'd been sullent at Farel's over-protectiveeness. Still, the boy quietly nodded.

Anyway, happy to leave you guys some more time. Money, if Falkor wants to ask Aurek about scrolls, that would involve moving ahead and being in ear-shot of the female Trolin.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor listened, he had always been good at that and was pleased that the level of support within the group was strong - it would be needed soon enough he feared.

Happy to move on also!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian gave the boy an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "I am sure you will make a great knight, I am happy to have you by my side. And Sir Farel is right, you have proven yourself very capable. Who knows where we would be without your quick thinking back there."

Suddenly Westian noticed the tunnel was coming to an end. He cut short his conversation and peered into the darkness.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, sorry OB, I forgot to say - I will happily let the next roll the party needs to make get influenced by that prayer. Technically, you can retcon narratively that Westian's prayers probably helped Deephold deal with Ameena and the affliction she faced a while back! The group's timings will be getting closer together soon though...

The female Trolin was standing up ahead, looking in to the dark. The group came there quietly, but the female Trolin looked concerned. "Would tell you to be quiet. Would tell you to put out light. But something wrong."

She gestured for someone to come and look at what was throug hthe gap, and what the opening revealed.

The corridor opened up into a large circular cavern - suspiciously circulay, liekthe inside of a tower. It was hard to tell the size exactly, althogu hte curvature of the wall as it was visible perhaps suggested a hundred feet to Falkor, applying some simple dungeoneering advice and some basica mathematics.

There seemed to be a solid core to the cavern, a circular wall was visible in the dying distance of the light to Westian's sharper eyes. Like a corkscrewm, there seemed to be paths set into the wall that slowly decended down - at least two spirals that intersected regularly - as far as could be told. THe corridor appeared to be near the top of the cavern, the staircase they opened on to not going too much further upwards, probably meeting the ceiling just aroudn the visible corner.

There was, ominously, a gap between the inner core of this place, and the stairways.

Guree waited for everyone to take a fill of the sight. "Should be guards." She said, simply. "Sound see them along way, or be here. Maybe waiting in secret further down where we not see. Or something is wrong." She did not sound too happy, either way. She pointed down the stairwell. "Way to King this way."

Ok, will leave it there for now. Do you guys need a better description, or do you get the gist of it for the purposes of exploring or carrying on. The stairwells are about teen feet across, and very ragged stone. You should have no problem walking down keepign to the wall, but it might give you pause to actually take the inner side and try to look down. And especailly you will be brave walking down on the inner side. Still, you could do that if you want!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian still had unpleasant memories about almost plunging to his death in an earlier cavern, and so was understandably cautious this time. He edged out onto the stairs, keeping his body low. On all fours he tired to catch sight of any movement, looking into the cavern and down both sides of the stairs.

Assuming that he sees nothing...

Not being an expert explorer, his next idea was based solely on adventure books he had read as a child. Picking up a stone he flung it to a part of the stairway well to his left and much further down, the listening intently to see if it caused any response.

I guess I might need a perception roll, it was…1 + 4 = 5. Bah! Westian continues his appalling rolls for anything perception based! If I did see/hear anything then of course just ignore the second part of the post. And let me know if I have misunderstood anything in the description, and what I did would not be possible!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Luckily for Westian, this place seemed far more stable than the crumbling ledged of the cavern they had travelled in. Looking down - and taking no chances - Westian could see the stairweel was reliably thick stone. Aurek, a little braver, walked across without comment on Westian's position, offering some light. The torchlight was perhaps unwise if anyone was down there, then again the light the party cast would probably have been noticeable anyway. Westian kept low so as not to be a target, and used the extra illumination to see much further down. Unfortunately, angles and the fact his eye had accidentally looked to Aurek's approach destroyed his nightsight for any fine detail.

There did indeed seem to be a reliable corkscrew of the stairweel continuing below, and just visible in the distance a similar shape. At the very least, the stairwell went down a turn or two in to gloom. Westian was sure he could make out a floor far below, but he was not wiling to bet against it being a trick of the light. The spots of Aurek's torch had not fully faded from Westian's eyes.

Nothing moved down there. Westian risked a rock. It clattered, shocking the party. It bounced, and then found the edge of the stairs, and plummetted. One...two.... three? Something was wrong. Either the base of this place was cushioned with dirt, or there was no bottom to this hole. Westian cursed the slight clanking of armour around him that had denied him a reassuring soft noise of a floor below.

Still, one thing was for certain. No shadows has shifted, no strange sounds had wafted from the depths. It seemed as quiet as a tomb.

"Something is wrong," murmered Guree to herself, in the quiet of this place -and with her Trolin lack of finesse - it was a very audible statement to all around.

Obviously money needs to post what Falkor is doing at the time, but a narrative nudge never hurt.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor examined the area - "wait here, I'll be back in a moment"

Falkor used the cloak - in the ethreal plane he would be able to move up and down the stairwell without fear of being stopped/spotted - of course this assumed this place was not filled with dead bodies and spirits ready to stop him.

He will keep the cloak on and move down the stairwell looking for any sign of life in either the ethreal or material plane - if there is any sign of any evil spirit he will of course remove the cloak - let me know if roll required.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Falkor was perhaps getting used to the odd shift in weight and - for want of a better word - wooliness in perception that accompanied these shifts. It was liberating to simply will himself around, especially given his relatively smaller stature in the real world compared to the lankier humans and demi-humans.

He drifted down, seeing the criss-crossing stairwell repeat a few times. In another world, he would be like a diver looked at a strange submerged wreck, illuminating only the area around him. And just like such a diver, the area he was observing was equally lifeless and spartan.

Falkor could see, much further down, there was indeed a rockier floor. It seems to be covered in a strange spongy moss - the details were hard to make out in the funk. The stairwell he was following ended just before opening out into this open flooring. Before that was an opening in the rock wall. There was a dark corridor carrying onwards.

A light caught Falkor's attention near it. For a moment, gently bright, was the young woman that had plagued - or aided - the group during their journey. She looked around fearfully for a moment, and then beckoned towards Falkor. She then pointed emphatically towards the lowest corridor.

After a moment, and after repeating this gesture, she disappeared.

It was about that time Falkor realised there was a dull sensation in his dull ears. It was like the sound of a whistling wind far off. The sound was all around him, and he felt a chill as if staying was a bad idea.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor got himself as close to a ledge as possible and deactivated the cloaks powers, "Everyone, come down - it's safe for now."

He was tempted to look down the corridor, but knowing the others would be alongside soon was enough to hold that urge.. "Come on, we need to check out this passage before continuing"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hope OB's ok! I've just realised how late in the week it's getting.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Falkor's disappearance still took Westian by surprise, even though he now understood it slightly better. He sat still and waited for his return.

When he dramatically reappeared beside them Westian got back onto his feet. "Right, lets go." He walked towards the front, near the halfling. "Did you see anything down there? Does this place have an end?"

Yeah, sorry for not being around much this week. This week, and the next three, are just non-stop with work. But I shoudl be able to post most days still.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Being busy sucks, though being otherwise ok is good :) Sorry I've chosen a bad time to start resolving Westian's Trolin schmoozing, still the other team can be entertained with some bunnies and beach walks so it's all good. Post when you can, thanks as always for your time and commitment! :D Money, you too!

Don't think I say that nearly enough to you guys.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor felt the need for a group hug, he put his arm round Westian and it seemed to the rest of the group like he was hugging another invisible being..... you can tell it's getting close to valentines day :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awwwwww :)
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian appreciated the gesture - group bonding was always good. Just so long as the Trolin did not decide to join in.

Nice that we can celebrate Valentines under Mt. Anais...we didn't even get a turkey leg for the past two Christmases! :)
Last edited by oh_brother on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It was still unerving to walk down the vast ring of stairs, despite Falkor's assurances and the lack of response. Guree the female Trolin certainly seemed uncertain the further they went down.

"Not right, not right," she murdered to herself as they moved along. She kept going to the edge of the stairs, leaning over dangerously to look all the ay down with her dark sight. She kept shaking her head to herself when she came back to the group each time.

The air smelt stale, although there was also a certain 'trolin' odour that the group had perhaps come to associate with their erstwhile companions that was certainly present. Guree was not lying, Trolins has probably been stationed here at some point. Just not now.

The gorup finally descended to the floor level, the stairwell ending at the opening in the wall and dark corridor ahead. A single step further down was the floor proper. It stretched out in what seemed to be its full 100 feet of glory (Westian could see furthest, and the curve seems correct). Moss was visible on the floor, and there was a strange smell in the air.

"Used to be bats," said Guree, dispite the lack of a question. "King had bats killed." She shrugged, and looked across at the floor as she awaited the actions of others. Clearly, her worry for Uumack seemed to be tempered now that they were close by her personal worries over the strangeness.

Have a good weekend people, and I guess a good Valentine's if you are doing any nice over the weekend or on Monday!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

"Guree, we should go directly to the King's lair. If he is still there he will know what happened. If not we need to find him quickly. Important for me. Much more important for you" he said earnestly, a concerned expression on his face.

"And let us know if you see anything unusual." Genuine worry was evident on his face as he looked around.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Guree probably did not now the conventions of non-Trolin facial expressions. WIthout this, Westian's words could well have sounded a little threatening or confrontational. Still, that didn't seem to matter - or seemed to be the way Trolins interacted. She glared dagers at Westian, but moved swiftly down the corridor.

Ardur may well have hesitated, hovering by Falkor, but Aurek and Farel with right with Westian. Both gave determined nods, and Farel lifted the torch higher to illuminate the way ahead. It seemed a nicer corridor than some, though by no means pleasant.

Let money weigh in on rushng onwards or holding back, and then off we go :D