TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Post by Ameena »

Lol well it is obvious that Lolth will be back at any moment, though exactly when and in what form I have no clue - but there's not really anything I can see that I can do about it atm (plus Ameena doesn't really understand what's going on there anyway - she's having enough trouble coping with the stuff she is trying to handle!) so I think that's best left to the religious types. All I can see to do is get the damn stone together and hope that ol' Grey shows up ASAP to try and help us out. And hopefully Theron can get himself bloody well sorted out so Karnadee can bugger off in a nice way and stuff. Someone needs to find the "off" switch for that flaming sword. I hope Helm got Theron the cloak okay - that's probably exactly what the mage wants to do but needs to be in spirit form in order to do it.
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Darn it. We never set the kid alight before jumping on him did we? Now THAT would have been a day to remember.

Back to Haynuus.... Aghhhhhhhhh!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Incidentally, I'm more than happy to wait a little longer (for the others) for the next post, Beo. No need to rush :)
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Sorry everyone! I was very busy for the last few weeks, but thought I would get an update in after work. But then at the end of the day we got some good (work) news and went out celebrating, and I forgot all about you guys. :wink:

Will update asap, hopefully during lunch.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

@OB: Not a problem, cool you've been able to keep posting depsite all your business, and of coruse you gotta celebrate when you can. I'm sure I've missed the odd friday update on sunny evenings when a pub has beckoned work :)

Ok, getting really close. Four pieces of the soul stone free and beside each other. More and more chance of multiple characters falling down and not getting up again - some of them players! You might recall the position of the grak-graks outside, and might realise that if you guys have fought for so long, does that mean the blackskulls and grak-graks outside have alos fought for quite a while? Yeah, so guess who might be starting to come for you.

Lotsa danger, lotsa chance for last ditch wacky coolness and evilness. Good luck!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahh, I forgot about the grak-graks...I'd been wondering what Lolth would use to get at us since Dolo's been taken care of - now I'm reminded ;). Still, hopefully the Grey Lord wil be getting his arse over here soon and can help us take them out, or something. Or probably just stand there with his hands spread in front of him and a silly smile on his face while some mysterious white text appears at the foot of everyone's vision... ;)
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Hmm, can't do too much with Haynuus. Could try another bull rush in an attempt to buy Ameena one last round. Any other suggestions? At least Westian is more tank-like than I had appreciated.

The grak-grak's are coming people!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

For a cool idea I don'#t mind you discussing it for a day either, as I said we're kiiiinda out of combat, it is the end. So if you have something sneakythatmgihttakelonger than6 seconds,discuss!

Useful actions are distraction though action, through defiance, though discussion, or just though insanity :) Or something completely out ofthe box like singing old songs like Haynuus's grandmotherused to sing to bring out Dargat's softer side and kick out Gholst!

You've got some cool mechanical skills, but more importantly some imagination. Time to bring out your wackiest idea, Ameena and Aurek will need all the tiem they can get, Westian might need all the time and space he can get to not be squished, and Haynuus probably needs to do something that won#t result in him being bopped too!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

It's not so much the grak-graks as the thing driving them that's the problem ;). But hopefully the Soulstone is together now. Westy might already be dead, however, and it's possible that various other members of the group may shortly follow...but maybe the Grey Lord can come and rez us all :D.
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I think we need one or two more rounds... Anything to distract the bad guys from whacking Ameena ;)

I also have to admit to the fact that we've left Theron on his todd a little. Could be a big mistake not knowing what he's up to!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*whistles innocently*
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, I know - I wanted to do something to help him myself but I've been a bit tied up with this whole Soulstone thing - the best I could do was tell Petal and Passin to get their arses over there and give them some idea as to what I thought they should be doing. Meanwhile I don't know if Gholst already knew/worked out that I had the other Soulstone pieces from before, but if he didn't then he certainly will now and I have a feeling he may not be too happy about it...so yeah, if you can come up with any random ideas to get him to behave for a while, that would probably be good ;). Any more magic boxes about? :D Or a Ring of Time? Or erm...you know, anything else? Or maybe a kicking-spirits-out-of-corpses-they're-animating spell followed by a swift jab with a Vorpal Blade :D. Or maybe just a bucket of spiritual water for that bloody fire of his. Or maybe just a shout of "Sheeee's behiiiind youuuuuu!!!" referring to Lolth, and see if that gets his attention :twisted:. What's worse, he'll have to wonder - a High Lord or the Demon Queen...:twisted:
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I'm not dead yet!

I was 32 HP, plus 2d6 from Deephold was 7, giving 39. Then 27 from that hit leaves me at 12. A reasonably healthy number providing that no one else attacks me.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, why am I imagining Haynuus or Ameena pulling a really bad Kryten impersonation. "We're about to surprise you, Gholst. Coming up behind you...and second now...applying the surprise now..."

And yeah! Westian is pretty tough then, cool. I recalled the 32hp, but recalled some damage and forgot the healing. Don't know about the no attackign thing, I'm afraid...
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

OOC - If Haynuus takes 5 non leathal damage is he unconscious? He has 1 heroic hit point.

(Bugger I'll post this here instead)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Oh man, I really don't know what to do. He can't take a step back and let Westian die on his own can he? Ah bugger, time to roll from invisiblecastle again and try a bullrush I suppose
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You guys can't become unconscious this close to the end (that would just suck, it's heroic death or nothing! :p) . If the non-lethal damage is from the fire, then the 'fatigue' penalties are applied instead of unconsciousness to yourself. If the non-lethal damage comes from another source and would knock you unconscious, then as Ameena found out earlier your mild group hivemind will cushion that effect, so you remain conscious at the cost of everyone taking -2 to all skill checks. Note those two penalties can stack :p

Remember, you don't deduct non-lethal damage from your hit points. It sits separately from your actual hit points as a number to be compared.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, update's up!

Westian has some choices on how to hold the south door.

Aurek has some choices as to whether to help Westian or Ameena (or do something completely different, of course)

Ameena has some choices on wether to follow the ball to Theronsville now it's clear the soulstone will be completed next go, or whether to stay and be the one to complete it.

Haynuus has some choices, given that if he doens't follow through with the bull rush (that nat 1 means Gholst will go over the altar no matter what) then technically Haynuus has one move action left to do something with before the next round. Of course Ian, you could ahve Haynuus follwo trough and so be able to AoO Gholst if the man tries to rise, or grab anything. Andbe quicker to react to anything he does. Or you could step out of his aura and save yourself the 10 ho pain so act faster next turn.

And then, there's the choice of how you will keep Gholst occupied alone without dying :D Yelling for back-up is allowed, of course :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think the Rightous Holy Smitey Guys are gonna be needed to do some Righteous Holy Smiting of that nasty dark grak-grak controlling Lolth...I realise it's probably quite important that someone checks out what's happening with Theron, but in the vast torrent of Stuff That Should Probably Be Done Pretty Bloody Quickly, Like Right Now, No Seriously, Ameena is just concentrating on one thing at a time so that she doesn't become overwhelmed by all the stuff she should probably be doing all at once ;). So Soulstone first, then Theron. Hopefully he hasn't managed to get himself killed or something...though if he has then at least it wasn't Gholst this time ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

See, the funny thing is, Ian had the right idea about something quite a few rounds ago, he just sent the wrong person to send to impliment the idea, and perhaps wasn't quite right with the exact nature of the idea...

Anyway, Theron hasn't gotten himself killed, but certainly I'm not having the Theron thing resolved in the background by NPCs. A little bit boring to not have the PCs have a hand in it, especially since they are the only ones with any of the indirect means I saw to solve it!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol yes, believe me I would be already rushing to see wtf was going on with poor ol' Theron if I wasn't already occupied. In fact, had someone else been handling the Soulstone business, I'd probably have stayed with him the whole time anyway. But murafu don't tend to just rush off and leave something incomplete, not when there's this much danger around. Ameena will stay put till the Stone is fixed, then she'll try and get over to Theron and see what's going on there.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Well one way or another, as I said in the post that's the end of next round, so it's all good :) What that round buys you and loses you, we shall see :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, if I take time out from fixing the Soulstone, it'll be an extra round before the Grey Lord shows up to hopefully help us but I might find out what's going on with Theron before it's possibly too late to do anything about it. On the other hand, if I carry on with what I'm doing, I can hopefully get the thing fixed before Gholst has any further chance to come and gank me (especially as Haynuus has done his impression of a bowling ball and sent the bastard flying backwards :twisted:) but it means I have to wait a bit longer to find out what's going on with Theron and so might find that things have gone badly between him and Karnadee or something.
But as I can't do both at once I'm going with the latter unless I can carry the Soulstone with me in the direction of Theron whilst trying to still put it together, lol. Hmm actually...you said it was really light, right?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It is once its done.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, OB, LB and Ameena updates written. Half-wrote the fluff for Ian's update. So there should be NO REASON for me not to be able to quickly update tomorrow morning before work, if I need to stagger off to bed soonbefore Ian can post.

The battle is winding down, big thigns are afoot, I'd say by this time next week the game will have reached a conclusion. Therefore, Ian, feel free to go wild and creative with any ideas you wanna go with. Or as small and fun and basic as you like. It's all good - just the ones that stop Gholst killing people are better than the ones where he gets to kill people :p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There we go, update up! Ian's tactics are... I'mnot going to lie to you, after posting a long post (sorry) regarding a last 'here's where you are, it was a cool ride' to set up the end, it's funny to have Haynuus's actions punctuate the grandness of it all. I'm personally hoping for the funny yet poigniant moment where Haynuus is forced to dump all his screamer sliced on the floor to make Gholst slip up!

Anyway, as I said, we're probably in the final few moves. It's either delay or defeat the three problems in front of you all - grak-graks, Gholsts, and Therons. Good luck!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

beowuuf wrote:I'd say by this time next week the game will have reached a conclusion.
Wow, hard to believe we are (almost) at the end! :( Still is has been a nice ride, those two years have really flown!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I just ran out of ideas, time and inspiration!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh noes :(

Hmm, I was going to play the thing Theron will do a little differently... let's see if I can't give you something fun, and a nice little call back to a previous idea you had. Since really you called the idea in the first place.

Confused? Yes, I phrased all that badly. All will be revealed with the next update then.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

'Tis done! Posted. And a good weekend to the rest of you :)

Hmnmm, pick up his sword?