TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Post by beowuuf »

I thought it best to add a new OOC thread for the finale, so that it would be easier to flip back and forth looking for any tactical discussion :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, first thing to mention is that I finally named the game: TIme's Champions :) Ok, not the best name, but it's a name?

Think you can do better? Good! Come up with a better one, and not only will I change it, but I will give you the final post (afetr the epilogue) of this game!

And no, Ameena, we can't go with the fun name you came up with last weekend. Thoguh go on and share it anyway!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol aawww, but it was a bloody brilliant name, and I really don't get how come no-one thought of it sooner :D. Hey, can we put it to a vote? ;)
Anyway, for everyone else, the name I spontaneously came up with in chat with Wuffy last weekend was...
Spoiler
GHOLSTBUSTERS!!! :D :D :D
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

lol, not sure it's serious enough Ameena, but I like it.
woo hoo! Another 100 page thread coming up :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, fun as it would be, I hope you guys manage to start twatting the evil and winning the day sooner rather than later :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

As long as we can finally get poor Helm rezzed so he can join Ameena in rehab after this is all over I don't mind ;).
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

ACK! BYE BYE OOC THREAD!
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

<BoNes pulls out a bugle and starts playing "Taps" and salutes the dying thread>

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*salutes* Wow, long weekends sure do fly by :(

Obviously, letting the game pause over the long weekend, expect the next update Tuesday/Wednesday. I wasn't planning on linking you all so soon (I wanted on group to be a little time lagged to be honest so it didn't seem too cute timing wise), put Petal's now well placed to see a giant 'OVER THERE!' arrow pointing ot the other group.

So we, you guys will properly start integrating.

Also, dont' worry abotu the crack. Well, you know, please do....but don't worry. This isn't really a new thing in the way, or a big reveal of the real villain. As I hinted to Ameena already privately...the crack is more a dangerous opportunity and a chance to slow you guys down enough to have all met, instead of a roadblock.

Anyway, more next update :D
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

It feels like the end of an era! Well, almost the end, just the small matter of killing all the baddies first but I am sure that will be straight forward. :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Pretty much. Just a walk in the park. A park that is the site of two opposed forces clashing, which is also about to be torn apart by natural forces.

Oh, and there's a dog biting your knees.

Hmm, kinda lost the metaphor wit hthe dog thing. No, wait, it's me. Wow, even when joking, my sub-conscious operates on so many levels...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And we're away to hit another long weekened! So I'll let the update pass for today and do it tomorrow instead, just to let money and LB more chance to see it. WIll need to moe the pace a little after that though, becuase on the other side we have OB disappearing in three weeks and counting :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Being reminded of Petal's hatred for Trolins in the IC thred made me realise I might need to make a request. Hopefully one I shouldn't need to anyway. Hopefully it goes without saying that while I'm usually up for every character's narrative to sort of twist and turn as they will, we are building up to an ending now. Hopefully if there is a tension in Petal working with Trolins, it can be resolved by Westian's fast talk or other means. However, I'm not going to force a 'just go with it.' What I would hope though, is that any reaction to a story beat that is opposed to a story beat does not just see a character 'bow out.' I would rather see a strong opposite reaction.

Eg. Petal does not wish to work with the Trolins. She actively moves to take steps to ensure they will be destroyed as well as the blackskulls, instead of simply bowing out and trying to research.

Or if Helm was somehow dead dead, Ameena would not simply stop and mourn for a friend. Instead, she'd actively - to the exclusion of all else, and maybe opposing the party plan - start trying to summon the Grye Lord or messabout with time.

Or if Haynuus accidentally killed an innocent, he would nto simply bow out. Instead, he'd decide that no one else should die in the conflict, and take steps - even if it meant 'betraying' the party - to get the fightign to stop so the groups could speak, and something non-violent could be done.

Off the top of my head examples, but you know what I mean. I assume I don't need to say it, but I thought I'd say it anyway. Even as we are reachign the end, I have no intention of railroading you guys. However, to make sure everyhting is reaching an end, I just want to make sure no one gets left behind as it were. BAsically, I don't mind the character deicisons and beats, as long as they are active beats.

Anyway, that was all :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If Helm is dead-dead, Ameena will just accept it - that's what murafu normally do. She's only fussing about trying to get him rezzed because of what she's come to understand about death in the underground realm she's currently in - that it seems what when you die, your spirit can't just bugger off to wherever it is spirits normally go, and might end up getting stuck inside a suit or armour or whatever. If she finds that Helm is properly dead and his spirit has gone (provided there is a way she can find out for certain that this is what's happened), that's fine. Death happens - she'll just be sorry that she couldn't speak to him one last time. Though I seem to recall that you said a while back that we could have one "wish" or something, and I'm pretty sure that mine was for Ameena to have Helm back so she could talk to him and apologise for inadvertently "abandoning" him before, etc. So I've not given up on him yet ;).
Though since it's sounding like they'll have to go back to Dolo's place in order to get Helm back, this might present a bit of a problem as she doesn't really want to go back there. Then again, as she's acting true to character and putting the needs of her (albeit currently dead) friend above others, she probably will still try to push for that. The problem will come if there's no-one willing to cart the body all that way, since obviously she can't do it herself...unless the Air was willing to give them a lift or something ;). She also has to consider that the whole world is kind of in danger right now, if the group fails with the whole Soulstone thing. But I don't think she'd ever forgive herself if she just decided to leave Helm where he is and stop trying to bring him back if there's any way that can be achieved. She is a murafu, after all ;).
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

beo:

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE IN MY CAMPAIGN AND YOU ARE NOT BEO!
Spoiler
For the most part, Petal needs to survive(or at least her research needs to get out to the forest and the resistance there, as a large chunk of the starting point of my campaign hinges on her disappearing when she went to go research the tainted lands and Growlgra needs Sssils help to find out what happened to her, and whats going on with the chaos-taint in the forest. Sorry to spoil it for you(hence the tags), but I needed to bring this issue up. I dont want to say 'she has to live' though cuz that sucks and isnt fun, so if she dies, at least work with me to help me fig out a way to restructure my campaign, like she disappears strangely instead of dying or Sssil/Growlgra gets weird dreams of her or something. But if she dies, her research needs to get out any way possible. Her dying would be easier to deal with than the research not getting out.
Eh, I have never bowed out of a campaign. Its just not fun to be like 'my character doesnt agree with x, so they leave'. A really long and great (2 years running) pbp I lurked on years ago came to a nasty and hard-feeling end that way because the beat up and near death party didnt go back and save a long-time major NPC that had travelled with the party for most pf the campaign and ended up marrying one of the PCs, and a player got mad cuz he felt the group didnt go back and save the NPC just beacuse 'it was an NPC'. Basically accused the group of metagaming and min-maxing (as in being only concerned with stats and loot instead of role-playing). Instead of talking about it IC, he just ICly bought a horse and left. He was the only mage and it broke the group up (there were OOC acusations flying around too). So yeah, no bowing out.

And sorry I didnt get to posting yet, I had a busy day.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Raixel: Trust your DM, one of those two things will certainly happen. I also have a PM to send you anyway regarding a minor spoilery thing I need to offer that you might want.

As to the bowing out, I know people wouldn't do that. I guess I just wanted ot make sure that whatever your character does, I want it to be spectacular. There isn't really time to do the long, slow persona arcs that have previously happened when someone like Falkor or Ameena have split off. So it was more sort of to warn you to play your character a little ramped up and ensure deciisons not flowing with the party will have fast burning consequences not slow consequences :)

Anyway, I see Ian has posted, so I can update you three...umm, tomorrow morning. Sorry, @15 mile hike and unfit me do not mix well, I think I shall sleep well tonight, and start very soon. So yeah, will also get back to my post for your game Riaxel! Sorry it seems to be a post every two days right now! I think unless OB says he is able to post over the weekend, I might give LB/money a weekend to post. Afetr that, I'll kinda need to just keep moving stuff along and catch them up later :(

Ameena: Yes, I recalled the offer and you wanting Helm back. Trust your DM :) Was anyone else still to ask for something they want to see/do in the finale? (Off the top of my head I know OB's)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry, think I caused a little bit of confusion with this:
beowuuf wrote:Petal blinked, and realised that Deephold had ignored her comments with a single disappointed gaze, to focus on the soulstone. The dwarf had said nothing to her. Was the dark priest awake once more, or was this something else that had caused the vision?
Deephold's reply was in Peta's mind. Of course, she can realise that afterwards, since nothing she said doesn't follow on from the earlier conversation (and Ian just relied to it too). It just looks like she took another swing at the argument!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'll wait to see if Ameena wants to add anything, or Raixel wants to add (or even alter, and then Ian alter) anything first.

I'll also move on OB and co.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry all, various walks and stuff seemed to have meant I haven't updated like I meant to. Will correct that today and move us on! (And also post in Raixel's game, be vewwwy vewwy kwiet, I'm huntin' stuff...)
money
On Master

Post by money »

OOC: Back at last, will catch up and attempt to post tonight :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yay!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I knew Westian featured in the new story, hadn't realised there was a past between Petal and Westian. For a second I was like 'wait, you guys haven't met before,' then realised 'oooh, before this adventure. Isn't life funny!'

Wanna let money react if he gets the chance, then will post the 'aw, reunion' update tonight or first thing tomorrow :)

Also, will need to figure out how to cushion for OB's absense. To be honest, I don't want to finish the main story without him, though there is one thing I can see to do that isn't just 'ok, cliffhanger, come back in three - four weeks for the thrilling conclusion!'

So, thoughts from the rest? Would you guys be good with a plot-related cunning diversion over a three week period? Would you all be happier to break for that long and come back fresh, so you can concentrate on geraing up for Petal's game?

Let me know!

Also, LB - you on reduced posting right now? I see you occasionally lurking, but no Aurek posts :( You happy for Aurek to be in the background right now? Did I lose you somewhere? :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I'm about as geared-up as I can be for Petal's game till she gets a chance to sort out how the skills are gonna work, at which point I'll allocate my skill points and then level myself up to whatever level it is we're starting at (still need confirmation as to whether this will definitely be level 4). I think there may have been one or two other minor details but apart from that, my char is on hold for the moment ;).
When's OB going, again? And anyway...I was away for two weeks when I went on holiday and didn't miss much - maybe he can fall over really hard or get accidentally clonked on the head by Haynuus or something and be unconscious while the rest of us have an IC conversation that lasts three RL weeks until OB comes back just as Westy conveniently wakes up in-game ;).
On Master

Post by money »

or in the shower. and realises it was all a dream. oh no, wait, that was dallas. :)

just in case i wasn't clear - I have enabled the cloak to visit Helm/spirits.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, cool idea. Whew, so much has happened and been said. Hunna be a big update I guess!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

gah - just run out of time. Can't post until tomorrow night now :(

apologies
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awwww, ok :( Will update for what's been said, Haynuus is probably showing off his armour. Will try not to go too far ahead!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Once again Westian is trying to tread a middle line between staunch pacifists and angry monsters. :) Next I assume Westian will have to somehow mix oil and water. "Oil, meet water. Water, meet oil." :wink:

In case I did not mention it I am really enjoying the Finale. As Raixel mentioned in the IC thread we hammered out a backstory for Petal and Westian that fits all the facts (hopefully!).

As for my disappearance, it will be May 25th. You guys feel free to decide what to do, it is a long break so I do feel a bit bad saying not to finish without me. But I have no problem with Westian been autopiloted or whisked away and then seeing how things are when I come back.

As for the staff, maybe money and I did not talk enough IC about it. Westian would probably realise (I realised when Falkor asked) so I can mention it to him when he reappears!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Buff. working in a bank is a downer. will try to catch up tonight!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Only 11 more months to go, right? :(

I'll hold off updating tonight anyway, so no pressure in having to recover your post :(