MAP THREAD: FINALE

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: MAP THREAD: FINALE

Post by Ameena »

Pff, disappearance? As near as I can tell from the update I just read, we're about to have a Gholst-in-Dargat's-body stomping around trying to splat us all. On the plus side, as near as I can tell Dargat wasn't a caster so hopefully his body won't be too receptive to Gholst trying to cast spells with it. Hopefully. And hopefully it'll take a round or two for the orc to get up and start killing everyone ;). It seems somewhat ironic, that Dargat, who played the part of Gholst to the other Blackskulls, is now technically Gholst himself anyway ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

What makes you think Gholst is a caster? His ability to smash your mind to sleep and blow open doors doens't seem to have any analogue in DM spells. And any other time you've had spells thrown at you, it's been through Theron's body :) And yes, it's certainly something. Also funny that the thing that allowed you guys to kill him is the thing that is allowing Gholst to use him (blowing off the Tazan armour).
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol...well, clearly Gholst has some knowledge of how to do nasty magical stuff to us - whether he picked up that knowledge from Theron, possessed it himself to begin with, or gained it upon losing his body and becoming a spirit formed from magical energy (or whatever), I don't know. But he's got some freaky powers from somewhere and I don't think it's Lolth ;). Anyway, hopefully he'll take so long getting used to Dargat's hefty clunky body (hey, it was martially-trained in life, but that doesn't mean Gholst knows how to use a body like that, right? Err...right? ;)) that I manage to get this bloody rock fixed before I get my arse kicked. Because I'm pretty certain that's what'll happen if that ghostly bastard gets anywhere near me ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Map's up. I also included Westian's shield effect, with current bonus, jsut as a reminderto you all since it's probably gunna be very important now :D Plus you might start whining at Westian wondering where all the wonderful healing went, and I wanted to remind you of the huge AC bonus that he's been giving you all before those accurastions start flying :)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Wow. No one likes Dagrat do they?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The Ghosts of Beans Past power his unholy white fires.

That and I think you guys are all a little scared of him. I dunno why, he's now gunna be sooooooooooooooooooooo lonely with no friends :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Details of fire damage:
- Aurek: 5 non-lethal damage
- Haynuus: 5 non-lethal damage
- Westian: 10 non-lethal damage
( - Guree: 15 non-lethal damage)
( - Uumack: 5 non-lethal damage)
- Ameena: 15 non-lethal damage
( - Passin: 10 non-lethal damage)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Wow, shit, that's nasty...15 non-lethal?!?!?!? So that puts me at a total of 16 non-lethal (I took one earlier from erm...oh yeah, when he first possessed Dargat's body and I got hit by the aura as it started up) while I'm on 14/26hp (12 damage from burny-fire whilst in the spirit realm after I stabbided the bastard, I think). So I have penalties to run and all stuff that you detailed in the other thread, right? So...what exactly can/can't I do? Actually if I can't run that doesn't matter...I can't remember how much faster you are while running but my base speed when on all-fours is eight squares anyway, which should be enough to get me a pretty good distance away. Someone get Gholst's attention!
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Explained it in the OOC thread, but basicaly you can still do what you planned to do, just with a -2 to your checks. Mad room-spanning dashes are out, but normal dashes are still possible :)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Haynuus could attempt to push Gholst over with a Bullrush but it might be a bit suicidal! Will post later
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Suicidal or hysterical! Pushes his aura out of the way at least, might knock him on to the alter. Of course, his strength is comparable to yours, so it's really a crap shoot of who wins :)

Either way, pretty epic!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Darn it, with three threads to update i get confused as to which one to write in XD

There is an rpg game engine somewhere that awards 'epic' points from the players and dm for performing heroic actions. Don't know the name of it but it's of the 'old school' style.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The Red Blobs on the map are the animals of the forest coming to rescue us right?... No, wait. That only happens in Snow White doesn't it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And avatar. You know, when you prayed for the dungeon to come rise up against the evil blackskulls? It's all the screamers and scorpions come to help you.

Or its the Trolins that had been fighting the blackskulls on the other side of the map. They figured out the three paths thing really easy and are now here to help.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ooh, shiiiit...damn that's a lot of red circles...