OOC thread!

Forum to run play-by-post RPG games based on Dungeon Master! Warning: These games may have mature themes or language.
CURRENT GAME: Raixel's 3.5ed D&D game

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: OOC thread!

Post by oh_brother »

Although that thought never even crossed my mind until you mentioned it. Maybe when you are taking it post-by-post you don't see the same general trends that you might notice coming into the whole thread fresh.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Maybe it's just my mental process rather than an effect of PbP, but I found that sometimes even if you mean to say something, by the time you get all posts and update, some things just get forgotten or left behind :)
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Found that too, when I was playing Aurek.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I find it easy to forget stuff if a game is moving slowly, too - I'm playing one at the moment on another forum (Wuffy is also playing) and not only is it moving relatively slowly, the entire setting is one I'm unfamiliar with, plus the mechanics are bit...lacking (because the RP mechanics were adapted from a gamebook system or something), so when I'm not lost and wondering wtf is happening, I'm trying to remember what's going on. At the moment the main player characters are divided into two groups (carrying out missions on different parts of the continent), and have been since pretty early in the game. I can't remember what happened between our two groups the last time we met - I can recall a few generic character details about the other group but that's about it. One member of the group of characters I'm with parted company with us for a while (to carry out an investigation by herself while we went off to deal with another matter), and while I could recall that she'd been quite rude (IC) to my character just before we split, I couldn't remember what she'd said. I did look that one up, though, since it was near the end of a thread and therefore quite easy to find. Now we've met up again but we're in a big bad enemy fortress thingy with hundreds of guards and stuff wandering about (my character has the psychic ability to detect all life forms in the area so knows more or less where all the bad guys are without actually having to see/hear them), so it hasn't really come up yet ;).
Maybe when this game is over, there'll be one starting up in a setting that's more familiar to me (or more generic, so that setting-specific knowledge isn't required), so I can play it and have more fun ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awwwwww.

I'm always tempted to start another game in a fantasy agnostic setting using either pathfinder, 4th edition D&D, D&D Next playtest, or Monster and Other Childish Things rules. Or Cthulhu.

Dammit :(

Should probably not, since it's starting to get sunny again, and I wanna get back my walking fitness I went and lost over the winter that I managed to regain last summer. Stupid bodies and metabolisms, you kick them back in to gear and it means they also get unfit much more efficiently too :p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The setting is Lone Wolf, an alternate history to book 16 onwards if anyone is a fan :) My group was at odds and had sneaky NPCs, but we seemed to have avoided shaking ourselves to bits and instead have come together as a cool group for now. Pity there's a scary mission that's the equivalent of Ameena's mission to undertake!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Sunny? Bah, it's snowing here again! Not really settling (only faintly on the tops of cars) but still...it's visible on surfaces, anwyay :P. Should the sun ever decide to show itself for more than five minutes, me and Ja'Ph' will get back to our walking as well - we finally managed to correctly walk our Otford-back-to-Ja'Ph's-house-in-Swanley walk without going the wrong way the last time we did it...which was out last walk before it started getting cold in around September or so and we decided to stop until it warmed up again.
Anyway, yeah, a more generic Fantasy thing would be cool, or one where everyone's as unfamiliar with the setting as everyone else, to avoid the constant references to stuff which everyone understands except me (can't help feeling somewhat left out on those occasions) ;).
It would be cool to carry on with that game I was running for you over Skype, Wuffy - I dunno if I mentioned I had a whole (rough) storyline worked out. Certainly the world map is all there and has been since very early on - the story sort of slotted in around it, I think. Note that the "story" is really only the basic outline for now, just who/what the Big Bad is, and so on. Obviously since so much is dependent on what the PCs do I didn't go too far on detail in that regard. Details of the setting itself, however (eg the Circle) are better-defined, since those will exist regardless of what the PCs do. Well, unless you find a way to destroy all the big cities or kill off every major NPC or something like that ;). I need more time to be able to do stuff like this...atm I'm basically busy every weekend 'cause me and Ja'Ph' spend that time at one of our houses. In the event that we can actually get new jobs we'll actually be able to afford to get our own place somewhere and then that won't be an issue :P.
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Anybody got any ideas when to expect Raixel back?

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I see her online on Steam quite often but she hasn't replied to me the last couple of days. Maybe she's busy.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I've hopefully e-mailed her a new password so she can access here, so it just needs her to be free of busy work stuff. Not something that is easy to do sometimes!

And that walking route seems pretty cool
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hehe yeah...basically we get the train from his place (he lives close to the station) to Otford and then walk back, usually stopping for lunch at the café place at Lullingstone Country Park, since it's on our route. On previous walks we've stopped off in one of the pubs in Shoreham, though. We've been to a few other places - we walked around Knole Park in Sevenoaks once. And when we're at my place there are a couple of country parks not too far away - Riverside and Capstone, which we've visited once or twice :).
We did try a bit of a walk a few weeks ago, just getting the train to Eynsford and then going a walk around the fields/Lullingstone, but it had rained the day before so it was a bit...muddy. We decided to wait till the weather's nice again before we try it. So it looks like we'll be waiting a while longer yet. Sigh.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, my enthusism for walking again is tempered by the cold and changeable waether. Sunny Tuesday, overcast Wednesday, snowing today... meh I say!