OOC thread!

Forum to run play-by-post RPG games based on Dungeon Master! Warning: These games may have mature themes or language.
CURRENT GAME: Raixel's 3.5ed D&D game

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: OOC thread!

Post by Ameena »

Ah, no worries Raix - it happens sometimes. At least we know you're just busy doing stuff and that something bad hasn't happened :).
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Woo! I just realized I made lizar ebola! Gross!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

...yay?... :)

I might have a sudden weekend disappearance myself, I might need to go away first thing Fridya and not be back until late Sunday. I'll let you know!
raixel

Post by raixel »

That'd make me feel alot better bout disappearing :D

BTW, remember when I got rear ended by a semi and then the cop gave *me* the ticket? Just got it thrown out in court today! :D
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

lol. Well done. All that time you've lost though!

{Thinks how these sort of irritating things haven't happened to him recently.}
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Thank goodness someone in the legal system had some common sense :D
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Well, if Beo is not going to bother to post on Friday neither am I!

(Actually I am travelling all day on Friday, and out of the country so I won't even be able to check on my phone).

Glad to hear that the case was dropped :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hah, you fell for my classic trap!

I'm actually going to be travelling Saturday around lunchtime and away Monday, back Monday night.
raixel

Post by raixel »

Alright, so if i get this straight, OB will be gone from fri to monday and Beo will be gone from Sat to Mon? I think? *scratches head*

And I know, it was like 3 months! I already had to go to amuch lower thing once where they dont have any power to throw it out but try and get you to accept a lesser penalty. But I was like *no, I didnt.do.it.* Funny thing was the prosectuor threw it out before it even got to the judge. Yyou have the option in the courtroom to meet with the city prosecutor, (the guy who presents the cities side) to try and get him to drop it, before you stand before the judge. There was 2 other people besides me and he didnt throw any of them out. When it was my turn, he goes "Im willing to give you the lesser charge of inattention." and I was like "what, no. I GOT REAR ENDED" and then explained what happened. That took him by surprise cuz due to the factthat the cop who ticketed me didnt see the accident or even see or check the area afterwards, the city was trying to say I had been moving and that was why I got the ticket. But due to the fact that they couldnt prove it (cuz I was at a dead stop!) they had no option but to throw uit out cuz they knew if it went before the judge they didnt have a prayer.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Madness, not only your own time, but how much time and money does it cost the city to have to deal with these non-tickets?
raixel

Post by raixel »

Yeah, I know. And all because a cop was too lazy to go look at the tire tracks on the road which clearly showed that I was stopped and pushed straight forward (if I had been merging like the city said I was, the hit would have shown the tracks going into the other lane as my momentum mixed with the hit woulda shoved me that way sideways and not forward, and also the tracks would have been obvious clear across the entire lane, instead of starting in the middle of the lane and going straight.). The tracks were there. I went back and took pics of em after I was ticketed just in case. THe cop was just too lazy to go up the road a few blocks and look at em.

The really shitty thing is that my car insurance still is going to go up a bit if I decide to turn it in and have insurance cover it. Not as much as if I was at fault, but still a bit because the semi driver doesnt retroactively found at fault (even though he was) it just becomes whats called a no fault accident (which is legalese for 'these things happen'). And thats *if* I have no-fault coverage. If not, im SOL anyway. I just called my insurance comapany today and am waiting for my adjuster to call me back to discuss my actual plan. I didn know that. i thought since I wasnt found at fault, its covered as if the guy who caused the wreck was found at fault. But its not. And I have the lowest possible insurance cost cuz I have had a perfect driving record for years. Sigh.

So yeah, giant cost to the city, giant cost to me, pain in the ass all around. All because of some lazy cop, who i also think looked at my and my best friends "punk-artist-looking" heavily tattooed selves and then at the blue collar "workin' man" semi driver and knew who he was gonna ticket the second he drove up.

At least its over now and I can figure out how to get my crushed quarter panel fixed. I think Im gonna figure out how much my insurance is going to go up by and the cost to me until it goes back down (I think 3 years of clean record) vs how much it would be if I just fixed it myself and then decide which is the better deal.
raixel

Post by raixel »

Holy crap! I just found a pic of myself on the net playing D&D like 5-6 years ago, prolly around 25years old! Its a old no-longer updated blog of a guy I played with back in the day. I dont look like that anymore(my hair is really short nao and I have a tan cuz its summer although i still have that shirt. Its a grey long john with black skulls on the arms top with a weird black and magenta vest thing I made myself over it), but this cracked me up. I didnt know it existed!

http://asliceoffriedgold.blogspot.com/2 ... k-out.html
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, back in the days when you had to kill someone with a dangerous rectangle? :D

Cool blog name too :)

Any of my back in the day pictuires were connected to geocities and Aberdeen university, and now simply exist on my main computer
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Scary when you find references to yourself like that.
raixel

Post by raixel »

Um yeah. I kinda had a cow and called people I knew. Especiallly since I generally dont allow pics of myself I am unaware of.

And yeah, in my home games we use the stereotypical giant 4 feet on a side inch wide squares tablet of paper to make maps on. With sharpies(um, a kinda thin permanaent marker that comes in a ton of colors). So a bush is a little green round thing, water is blue lines, a bed is a brown sqaure, a table is a brown square, achest is a brown square...Um you get the point. ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Weee, got to draw funny coloured stuff again on graph paper this weekend! Tabletop is fun! Used mechanical pencil rubbers for characters, and therefore had a lot of leads fall out on to the kitchen floor :D

Any way, I'm back!
raixel

Post by raixel »

Hahaha Thats great. Um. How did you tell the various erasers apaprt? Draw lil' smiley faces on the side?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

My ones had green dots, his had an O cause it was a mark and was his fighter, and a 'p' for the NPC tagalong paladin. I'll do smiley faces next time! :D

And since my friend decided to take two tanks, the game was reasonable easy for him, aside from the swarm of wasps that are immune to all melee efforts and were faster than his plated guys :p

I was nice and let him have lots of oil on his person...
raixel

Post by raixel »

And so I take it the oil caused crispy fried wasp? I always like swarms. Best part is when they get in PCs armor and then the PCs either have to strip or start taking penalties due to having creepy-crawlies up in that shit! Hmmmm... *goes to look up various swarms in her monster books* :twisted:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, yep. Although there is supposed to be seveal thousand per swarm, so the problem was crispy frying enough of them :D

And I wasn't that evil, though I did joke I should give him an AC bonus after a while since he most likely had a cushion of wasps under his armour (actually bees, but it used the wasp stats)

It was actually an existing senario, which conntaned a drunk treant (NOT ent, it did NOT infringe on the Tolkein estate :) ). So I had it collaspe semi-concious on the edge of a forest by a stream in hearing. So of course he walks t othe clearing and all he can see is that something big has apparently pushed a path through the forest and collapsed a tree and yet has made no other tracks.

Oh, and he had just burned part fo a forest down behind him to run away from the last set of bee swarms, and this is where they had stopped running. So I said his torch would have blown out, and did he want to light another? *mwahaha!* And of course he did, so as he was peering in to the path, prepared oil flasks with rags in his belts (he'd perfected a technique of playing crochet or cricket with a hammer and a flask to splash away from his own guys) and getting told that aside from this one tree, the forest path was perfectly clear...oddly clear...then of course the treant staggers upright smelling fire and yelling just as he said 'wait, and ent?'.

Luckily, he's not tactical fool, had his back to the river and had kept away from it, so he just had the torch bearing paladin chuck the troch over his shoulder in to t the river and be like 'not us' :D
raixel

Post by raixel »

Ok, so I have just one question. What does an ent get drunk off of? Fermented sap?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Apparently a formented cider style drink her brews himself, but I just decided to have him covered in apples, which were rotten, and have him pick them off and squeeze them in to his mouth as he bemoaned the druid that had afflicted him with the condition :D

I'll keep fermented sap in my back pocket for next time!
raixel

Post by raixel »

Dur. I was working while really really tired last night and melted the ever living shit outta my keyboard cuz I nodded off for a second while smoking and rested my cigarette and hand on the keyboard. Unfortunetly the key I burned was the backspace key. Why couldn't it be a not-very-used one like the tilde? I fixed it (sorta) with judicious use of needlenose pliers, a file, super glue, and jewelry wire. Unfortunately, only half of it works at all. The little pegs on the other half that attach to the actual board to press down on the little input piece got melted outta whack. And it still gets stuck down a lot.

Theres a lesson to be learned in all this, but I'm not sure if its "dont smoke while tired and working (I dont smoke in bed, but I thought the computer chair was ok)" or "don't burn your goddamn keyboard" Maybe both.

Guess I'm gonna have to go to a thrift store and get another cheapo keyboard. (I'm real hard on em, even when I'm not burnin the hell outta em) ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, I thought the lesson was 'eat more eggs' or something. I'm really bad at these moralising tales :)

At least you didn't do the wacky keyboard killing 'death by milk'. That stuff just does not seem to leave a keyboard fucntioning :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You could always get one of those electronic cigarette things - doesn't burn things or fuck up your insides and give you cancer and stuff :D.
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

It all depends on what she smokes, Ameena. :P
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

She said it was a cigarette ;).
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Ohh, you have seen through my ignorance. So a cigarette is ONLY for your average nicotine hit? I assumed it was the generic 'roll something up and some it' action.

I'm a non smoker... I have other vices :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

A cigarette isn't the same as a joint ;).
But don't worry, I'm a non-smoker too - ick :P.

Post by raixel »

Grr. Sorry guys. Something knda serious happened last week and my life got thrown for a bit of a loop. Its all good though, nothing bad :DThought I would be back by Mon, but I wasn't. I'm really sorry for the spotty updates. It should go back to normal soon, I hope.