I'm back!

Archive forum for the new DM D&D game run by Raixel.

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

I'm back!

Post by raixel »

Hi! I'm back! Finally got off my rear(and enough $) and rebuilt my comp, and got my life in a position where I can enjoy it again. Not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, sorry for vanishing into thin air, but all hell broke loose for about 6 months and my life went to shite. If you guys are still down for the game, I have all my paper notes still, although I lost most of everything on my HD. But thats ok, I can wing what I don't have anymore.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: I'm back!

Post by beowuuf »

Woohoo! Good to have you back!

Obviously it's a worry whenever anyone drops out suddenly, though we knew you had the compuiter problems. Sorry your life went horrible, is it at keast on an upward trajectory now?

And of course, ready to game if you are! Ameena kept mentioning her own character in the off time, and I know OB and ian are around. Haven't seen LB lately though. I'm very, very, very, very slowly trying to pull the old game in to some form of nice pdf file, but you can always see how the old game ended in the forum threads. Hope I did Petal justice at the end!

Once more, welcome back!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Welcome back. It's nice to have you here again! :D I hope your personal troubles are over now - it's spring and summer comming so we all will feel better! :P
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Hey, welcome back! :D We were worried when you disappeared so suddenly, so glad to see that everything is ok!

Ready to game!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh yay, cool, wb Raixel :D. Yes I'm still up for the game - I want to play that character I'd practically finished putting together (I think there were still one or two minor things that needed doing, plus I hadn't fully 100% decided on a name yet...) :D. I still have all the PMs from when we were discussing it so I can read back through those and remember any small details I may have forgotten.
And you can read the end of Wuffy's game (I was forgetting you missed the last section due to your absence) and see how badly your character got her arse kicked by Big Scary Monsters and stuff ;).

Post by raixel »

Ya, long story short (not to play the world's tiniest violin or anything), I melted my comp last year. Literally. Overclocking mixed with fan failure and no failsafe(which I stupidly disabled, cuz it kept shutting my system down-maybe I should have listened instead of just being annoyed, hmm?) = suck. Im just glad it didnt burn anything down. And then I got let go at work. And then lost my apt. Needless to say, life sucked for a bit. I hate it when life gets in the way of my fun, and couchsurfing for 6 months while looking for work and saving up for an apt deposit is only fun when you're a teen. But now I have a new apt, job and comp(with a thermostat overheat failsafe that *works*, thank you very much)! Just got it all put together about a month ago. Nothin top of the line (my video card is 2 years old) but it works!

Now, the question remains, how do you all want to do this? Should I just inject everyone into the pre-campaign I was running with Beo? I could do that, considering 2/3rds of my stuff was stored on my HD, and all the data-recovery in the world didnt save it. So even though I have the general story arc and some stats on paper, a LOT will be re-written. It wouldn't be hard to write you all in.

Or we could just start over (but I was really into the caravan story, I spent some of my down time daydreaming and trying to reconstruct what I lost.) Its up to you guys.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Welcome back, raixel! :D
raixel

Post by raixel »

Thanks, Soph! I missed everyone badly during my downtime and am glad to be back!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm happy to have people jump in to the pre-story with me. OB's new character can meet his old one! :D After all, someone's got to save the hunter from being attacked by the giant turtle!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Glad to hear the problems all worked out Raixel. Yeah, I am happy to gate-crash beo's game. And how could I turn down meeting Westian? :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Considering what we had in mind for my character, I don't think it'd be particularly hard to bring her into Wuffy's thread :D. Do you still have all our PMs or did you want me to remind you of what was gonna happen regarding my character?
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Welcome back, I'm sorry to hear of your woes, but glad that you got things sorted out.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

wb Raixel. Hope you are woe free now. Sorry to hear about the couchsurfing.

As for the campaign, I've got almost *zero* free time during the working week. I have a change of job/lifestyle, and I can't input the same amount of effort into the previous jolt. However, I'd be more than happy to participate but I'd be cruising somewhat from Monday to Friday :(

Hope all goes well, anyways.
raixel

Post by raixel »

Thanks, Gambit. Its good to be back in my net-home!

Thats fine, Ian. I'd be more than happy to run your char as an NPC when you were busy. I don't mind. So if we're gonna just jump into the campaign, the only issues I see are that I originally had it set before the events in Beo's campaign. Now, that isnt that big of a deal except for one adventure that I had planned hinges on previous adevents, and Westian and Growlgra are running around. Not too much of a big deal tho.

So my question for everyone is: Currently Sssil is on a caravn heading to the fae lands from the lizar capital of Makan. They are somewhere in the swamp. What is the reason your chars are out there? Are they travelling as a group?

And Ameena, yeah I still have the PMs. I'll be going back thru them. I believe we decided to give your char a toned down version instead of running the race-as-class option? Its gonna be really tricky to pull off, but I think I can give you what you want and manage to keep it balanced. We might have to do some on-the-fly changes in game if it doesn't turn out right tho. Ive never tried to develop a being with such a high CR before as a PC. I had made a work-up before I lost everything. Prob is I dont remember how I did it. ;P I'll email you (way easier than PMing) about it, hopefully tomorrow (sat-my time).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey Raixel, I've shifted the two main posts of my old game in to the archive, and given you mod power (I hope) over this area as well as your own sub-forum now. So you are free to pull the main game threads out here (if you move stuff, make sure the tick box for leaving a shadow thread is unticked) and leave the sub-forum as anarchive forum only. Your call! You shoudl also be able to sticky and announce threads, though don't make them global annoucnements, or else they are attached to every forum!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think I'll save the my-character discussion for a more private area, so as to avoid accidentally dropping any hints as to what it is I'm playing. We can finalise the details in PM/e-mail. I think there were one or two things I still needed to do - I seem to recall I hadn't spent any skill points yet, for example.

Post by raixel »

K. After a really retarded move on my part *blush*, all the parts of my on hold sub forum are moved out here, and as soon as we get all the chars squared away, and you guys figure out what you're all doing in a swamp, we can get going!

Question, is LB still active? I was going through my paper note "games I run that are over/on hold" folder trying to pull everything out relating to this game (there isnt much, since it was online, most of the stuff was on my old HD). I did find a write up of caravan guards and some other stuff tho. One was a write up of LB's weretiger. Hope he's still around, his char concept is cool and it would be ironic if the only actual char I found wasn't active anymore ;P
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I'm back too! At least for now... my missus is currently 34-35wks pregnant, and I've been unable to get any credit for my internet (baby stuff to buy and all that).
But yes, I AM still around, even though I haven't been online for quite a while... last logon was early January :P

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
raixel

Post by raixel »

Yay! Good to see you! Congrats on the lil' one. If you want, we could do something like what I'm planning for Ian, where you can run your char when you have time, and I'll take over when you dont. That way you can play, but then you wouldnt feel obligated cuz you were holding the game up if you were busy/tired/netless whatever.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey, congratulations LB! And welcome back too :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Lord_BoNes wrote:I'm back too! At least for now... my missus is currently 34-35wks pregnant, and I've been unable to get any credit for my internet (baby stuff to buy and all that).
Oh, that's a very good news! I remember talking to you about her and her mother and so on so I'm very happy for you and her and wish you good luck and everything! :D Keep us informed! :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, am I just being forgetful and we knew this before? Very likely, my memory is horribe atm!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

No. We didn't know this. At least I didn't know this. But people never tell me anything. (*) What makes you think we knew this? I'm confused. *is confused* I was just saying that I had been talking to LB about his family. But I didn't know anything. And I think you also didn't know anything.

That's because you only need to know things on a need to know basis. Although, theoretically, and I do tend to agree with you here, it basically means you need to know things even when you don't need to know. You need to know them not because you need to know them, but because you need to know whether or not you need to know. And if you don't need to know you still need to know, so that you know there is no need to know. I think it's absolutely clear.

(*) I wonder why. :roll:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, I thought 'her and her mother' meant the kid, not LB's missus. Nevermind! :P

And lol, I was searchign soem something like 'policy' recently, and found a Yes Minioster quote. You are a bad influence.

And obviously, as you say, I need to know <i>everything</i>.