Worthy Successor of Dungeon Master?

A forum for discussing the modern clone "Legend of Grimrock", by Almost Human.

Moderator: PetriH

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Hrothgaar
Novice

Worthy Successor of Dungeon Master?

Post by Hrothgaar »

Hello all,

a few weeks ago I found a link to a new game in development in the
Minecraft blog which I follow, I think it has at least good chances to be the next Dungeon Master :-)

Because of this I created a new account here and try to spread the word a bit, it is quite unknown so far I think but if they deliver what they promise it would be a shame to let this game vanish unheard - it already has been too long until a game like this was released... (thats the reason why we still play DM, hehe)

From their blog I got these things which are equal:

- step by step movement
- real time environment
- rune based magic system
- food is existing as I read on a side note, I dont know about water yet
- they said an editor is going to be released a bit later after game release so the community can build new dungeons

The skill system will be a bit different I think but I cant say anything about it, I dont know what they did with leveling / experience gaining / skilling etc, the last info on it was that they are redesigning it at the time (game just hit Alpha status, will be released at the end of the year they said).

The name is "Legend of Grimrock", if you google it you will find the website, on the upper right corner is a link to screenshots and videos, because of the great light-and-shadow effects these few minutes of video looks great ^^

Lets see how this develops, it would be great to FINALLY find a worthy successor to DM :-/

Hroth
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Worthy Successor of Dungeon Master?

Post by Ameena »

Hehe, I think you should probably have used the Search function before making this post - check out the following link...

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=29107

One of the devs of Grimrock already beat you to it, I'm afraid ;).
Oh and hello btw and welcome to the forum :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nothing wrong with knowing there are parallel paths and such great interesting in LoG - I'm sure the developers will be pleased! Carry on spreading the good word!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
PetriH
Ask me about LoG

Post by PetriH »

Hi Hrothgaar! I'm one of the developers of Grimrock. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate what you're doing. Please keep spreading the word! It really makes a difference. Thank you! --Petri
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

If nothing else, it's certainly set a record for "posts generated without a single actual thing to download."
PetriH
Ask me about LoG

Post by PetriH »

Sophia wrote:If nothing else, it's certainly set a record for "posts generated without a single actual thing to download."
Well, there's EFDM which is a spiritual predecessor of Grimrock but I'm not sure if it counts...
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

It's Very cool, even tried the game dungeon, I can't wait to see how class items effect things. I'm rather excited about the different class and skills, While i prefer the dm style use to improve. Job well done, just still sad about no cleric class.
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
other DM series sites) @ https://discord.gg/5YzEcPT