Dungeon Maker

Historic discussions for the 3D clones "Dungeon Maker" and "Bloodwych 3D" which are both sadly now defunct.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Torico

Post by Torico »

Wow, i love Bloodwych, this is looking amazing! Hope you don't forget to include THE 'n'egg'. :)
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Some more in game screenshots :)

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Hey cool!!!

But I still find the body icons from the inventory ... disproportioned.
DM also only had 1 place for legs and one for feet, but this one rather seems to look like hips with no legs immediately connecting to the feet.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

You could put a monster's reflection on it though ;)

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

PitD: A reflection on what?
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Excuse me - I thought I had read the last post (on the shields posted here) and answered on the love-scene pictured on the second one. Only later did I find out that there had been posts in between (page break) and that my message might be confusing...

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

MadMunky, in future could you please make your images simple links rather than embedding them in the page -- this thread is becoming very slow to load. Thanks! ;)
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Munky mate, any chance you could put the images on your new bloodwych.co.uk as my firewall at work doesnt allow sites with the word GAME in it :)

Cheers dude,A
Regards,

Andy
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Andyboy: Nah, you're serious,aren't you ?!? What kinda work is that?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Muhahah, it appears that they are hosted in the same place :)

Here are the links for all those afflicted with proxy and firewalls that monitor your online behaviour :))

shot 1
shot 2
shot 3
Regards,

Andy
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Excellent....just excellent..

And to think I have the time to assist helping out with mapping..but My powerbox on my computer is sitting on it's last legs(who knows how long it'll be before it goes out) so that's out of the question for now.

Oh and just to get it out of the way has the slowdown problem been fixed? I remember in the older builds that in certain areas the program's framerate drops(the castle testing map is a good example of this.)
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Just updated www.bloodwych.co.uk with all the latest screenshots and uploaded dm.zip which is a old version of Dungeon Maker so people can start making maps if they want to.

Also for people that want links to the images (Andy! :))

ScreenShot1
ScreenShot2
ScreenShot3
ScreenShot4
ScreenShot5
ScreenShot6
ScreenShot7

Comments and Ideas always welcome
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

I liked the lantern a lot ;o) Items are still too flat (2D) and too neat for my taste: shields, lantern, weapons, even the lava stream look like freshly washed and polished... I still prefer a good measure of dirt and grime in a dungeon... but that's your choice.

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think this is really beginning to look good, and I'm looking forward to a beta version :) Can you clarify which of the screenshots is DEFINITIVE, as you seems to have combined different elements on different shots -- such as the movement arrows and the champion statistic bars.

One comment about the lantern -- it's way too bright to be casting so little light. That kind of brightness should make the dungeon look like daylight!

PiTD -- I like your new avatar!
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Ok Munky :) I want a demo Im afraid and unfortunatley that means I will be whining until one comes out :)

Nice work
Regards,

Andy
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Thanks Gambit, I do so myself that's why I chose to update it... the background color emphasizes the main part a little better.

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Thanks for all them comments

Gambit: As for if any of the screenshots are going to be what its finally going to look like I cant help you, as we are changing bits all the time, so none of these are finals, i.e. the runes at the moment are just a font for testing which will later be converted into pictures of some kind and as more functions get added we have to work out how to include them into the GUI i.e. communication is still something which needs to be done like in bloodwych, you will be able to communicate with all the other characters/monsters

Andy: Im sorry but at the moment im not sure when the next demo will be out, that?s wishbones choice. At the moment Wishbone is try to rewrite all the player physics and im going to attempt to add multiplayer support (which might be to much for me and we might need extra help Any takers ANDY you know Blitz!?) hopefully though we will try and get something out ASAP for everyone to play but as the game is still in early development there?s lots of optimizing to be done and everything is still up in the air as to how we will do some things.

Anyways I will keep you all up to date on how things are going and comments and ideas are welcome and at the moment any good ideas are likely to be added rather than later once everything has been written.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

allright.. that's it.. I think I'm going to have to help a little. I can not contain myself any longer. The problem is I have so little free time. So I won't be able to do a lot.. but I have a few ideas so I'll get those out of the way and perhaps that will lead you in the right direction.. stay tuned for more tomorrow.

moo
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Some more new screenshots

Screenshot1
Screenshot2
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Hmm, you have pretty low light in most pictures - is that the common appearance or does it change with torches or light spells? For example, I could not properly make out the red object in the right-hand background of the second screenshot... - some monster; a torch ?

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Would I be right in thinking that first new screenshot has pinched textures from UT2003? ;)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

No, was a downloaded picture, but UT2003 does not ring a bell with me...
explain, please.

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

What I mean is that the wall textures in the first screenshot link above are from Unreal Tournament 2003!
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Not as far as i know :) alot of these textures are done by the artist which did alot of work on Blade - Sword of darkness hence the reason the look so nice :)
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Munky, PMd ya mate.
Regards,

Andy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

so first suggestion is to have a movement hud that is more 3D. This is something I whipped together in about 20-30 mins.. So don't take this as a final idea but you get the point. It should lead into the scene rather than hovering over top.. I think it makes it less distracting.

dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/images/move_hud.jpg

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Maybe you could give the arrows a little more height, make them stand apart from the layer a little ? Like they are ornaments, for example...

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

My mistake about the textures, I checked but I was wrong.

Cow, I like your little HUD -- though I imagine it would need different controls on the 'compass' area so that there are the six arrows?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

the dots were intended to be the turns however.. you know.. I simply do not understand the need for a movement key set. None of the other games have one anymore. if you are using the old DM engine I can understand it sort of. I mean I never use it in there either nor have I since I first discovered that I could move with the arrow keys or number pad.

Just a thought.

but as I said.. it's something I slapped together so it's far from amazing or complete. Needs to evolve a weee bit.

moo
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

What i might do is ask wishbone if he want to get rid of the direction arrorws and use cowsmanaut pic for a compass at the bottom of the screen.

Grate picture btw :)