Dungeon Maker News Update

Historic discussions for the 3D clones "Dungeon Maker" and "Bloodwych 3D" which are both sadly now defunct.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Wishbone
Apprentice

Dungeon Maker News Update

Post by Wishbone »

Hi Fellows,

I think, as I am the creator of this game and the interest of people is getting bigger and bigger, it is my duty to give you a news update about what is possible, what i am doing right now, and what will be done for the next update. Of course, MadMunky did a good thing to publish some very nice screenshots and artwork, but there are of course also many non-visible things to inform you about:

ALREADY POSSIBLE (things you might already know):
- Create and edit user-defined complex dungeons, items, monsters, objects and characters.
- switches, launchers, doors, decorations, stairs, water, lava, walltexts, and more.
- weapons, shields, armor, wands, scrolls, books, light sources, food, rings, potions, and more.
- monsters: passive, agressive, fleeing, friendly, different sizes, abilities, magic casters, item carriers, stealing, poisonous.
- Multi-maps (to save 3D memory, you can jump to other maps)
- Magic casting
- Day and night.

ALREADY MADE FOR NEW VERSION:
- Dungeon is now full screen
- Alpha-channeled GUI panels
- New graphics for objects and items.
- 2 types of magic casting: by book (AD&D) and by runes (Dungeon Master)
- New graphical features, like reflection, fullbright objects, blending, 3d models for items.
- Doors can now also sway open.
- 4 identical portraits on top (for future use).

AT THE MOMENT...
- Sounds (for items/objects/monsters). Already have footsteps, hands and some weapon sounds.
- More object/item graphics and models. The goal is to have all wall gfx on a 512x512 scale.

TODO FOR UPCOMING VERSION:
- Change player metabolics (more Dungeon Master or Morrowind style RPG instead of AD&D).
- Player class should be variable (eg. a fighter should be able to cast spells and let his/her skills and abilities slightly change to become a wizard, like in Morrowind)
- More sound and environment ambient effects.

TODO FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:
- Multiplayer (mission impossible :( )
- Startup screen
- In-game character editor and character join
- Writing your own books/scrolls
- Better GUI for dungeon editor
- Editor for making items/objects/monsters
- 4 characters to play with (like in all classic RPG's)
- More spectacular magic casting (eg. particles, flares and light effects)
- Music
- Animated objects/monsters/items
- NPCs and communication
- In-game trading stores
- More magic spells
- 3d models for monsters and players
- Load/save

So a lot must still be done. I guess that the next version will be uploaded somewhere in December or January.
If there are people with some questions, tips or help with artwork, debugging or dungeon editing, mail me at wishbone2003@hotmail.com

Wishbone
http://wishbone.is-root.com
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Sounds like you did not sleep too much lately ;o) Looking forward to the new year then!

Regards, PitD