Bloodwych 3D / Dungeon Maker

Historic discussions for the 3D clones "Dungeon Maker" and "Bloodwych 3D" which are both sadly now defunct.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MadMunky
Adept

Bloodwych 3D / Dungeon Maker

Post by MadMunky »

Well as everyone proberly knows I love Bloodwych and was trying to make a remake of Bloodwych in 3D, well as people proberly guessed I stopped working on Bloodwych3D to help wishbone out with Dungeon Maker as wishbone is a far better programer than me and DM is grate and will be able to do everythink I need plus alot more, so todat I was remaking a Bloodwych Data Disk Level and thought i would give a quick try and using the bloodwych textures and this is what it looks like.

Anyways the plain for me at the moment is why wishbone is working on add new features im going to try port all the levels and level graphics (Items and monsters arnt really worth doing)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I must say I'm getting confused with the clones and the graphics (screenshots) provided as previews. Many of them look like they are copied together from similar sources, but how many projects are actually being developed with a plan (level layout, characters, puzzles, timeline for implementation, testing, etc...) and reviewable results?

I'm all for new projects of various kinds and will gladly test or comment if my old computer let's me use those versions, but I'm getting sceptical about seeing screenshots all the time and nothing more.

Excuse my direct answer, this is not directed against this project or any other specifically, I just get the impression, that there's more enthusiasm for planning than realistically judging the efforts and doing the actual work. Not that it has to be done - this is all about individual time and priorities - but I'd rather know about two projects than ten or twenty if those two show promising developments even over a long time-span.

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Right let me try and get this strait for everyone

Dungeon Maker is the only project I know of at the moment which is still going. The Point of Dungeon Maker is to be able to recreate all the old Dungeon Master type games like Bloodwych, Eye Of the beholder etc...

Wishbone - Is the programmer

Me (MadMunky) - Im helping with the testing, ideas, graphics etc.. but Im also the main person trying to remake Bloodwych using the engine

Tymaul - Was helping with deep cave but I think that project is dead now and he is now working in Dungeon Maker. He is helping with the graphics and testing and is going to be the main Dungeon Master 2 remaker so hes going to be using the engine to remake Dungeon Maters 2 with all the levels and port some graphics

We are the main people working on Dungeon Maker, Cowsmanaut is helping out when he gets some spare time with odd bits of graphics and i think that covers everyone.

Hope this clears some things up for people.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Thanks a lot, this explanation was clear and helps me understand what's going on. Seems like I wrongly concluded several projects were planned here at once for the names being used were different many times.

Regards, PitD