Dungeon Maker Website

Historic discussions for the 3D clones "Dungeon Maker" and "Bloodwych 3D" which are both sadly now defunct.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MadMunky
Adept

Dungeon Maker Website

Post by MadMunky »

Hi just to let everyone know im working on a website for Dungeon Maker its not very good but then im no web designer :) but as long as it works.

Dungeon Maker Website
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Cool, Still waiting for the demo (alpha) version of this one, although my only criticism would be the dungeon maker logo. You cant really read it unless you know what is says :wink: Just a personal opinion though.

What does anyone else think?

Other than that, great looking game and congratulations for getting this far? Are you going to try and get published or is it going to be shareware/freeware, etc?

Cheers,
A
Regards,

Andy
Tymaul
Novice

Post by Tymaul »

ooh, new website :!:

1 suggestion :idea: - Newest downloads for devs with a password of somekind, so when i forget to log on MSN and wishbone goes home for the weekend dopey people like me can still get the new version :D

Post by Guest »

Any better now or is it just the font that makes it hard to read?
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Forgot to log on DOH!
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Sooo..... who know how i can do stuff like picture of the day where people can upload screenshots and it changes the picture, also does anyone know how i make it so people can upload dungeon files to the website?
MadMunky
Adept

Update

Post by MadMunky »

Just updated my website, now you can see some of the items / monsters we are using in the game (and why we need help with the graphics)

Anyway latest news is on the front page so refresh if it doesnt look any different.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Its much better now, but the first letters are really hard to read, I mean the font rathher than anything else I think.

Maybe on a slightly darker background?
Regards,

Andy
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I like the looks so far - you have quite a mix there with the different monsters ;o) What is the third column supposed to be for in this section? Stats?

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Yeah i will be adding all the extra details like what the monsters can trade/monsters stats/magic abilities etc...
WolfHeart
Apprentice

Post by WolfHeart »

[quote="andyboy_uk"]Cool, Still waiting for the demo (alpha) version of this one, although my only criticism would be the dungeon maker logo. You cant really read it unless you know what is says :wink: Just a personal opinion though.

Actually its kinda like you gotta step back to read it. Its really Kind of nice but at first glance I think for those that don't grasp things quickly it might take a look or two.
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Getting ready for the release i've got the forums and a upload section working now.

New Address
Dungeon Maker Homepage

Post by Guest »

Ive also started posting new stuff i have done on the dungeon maker forums so if you want to find out new stuff about the game, where its standing and see the new screenshots you will have to go to.

http://cgi.madmunky.plus.com/forum/index.php
Tymaul
Novice

Post by Tymaul »

^ i always forget to log in ^
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Link does not work for me - anyone had similar problems?

Regards, PitD
Tymaul
Novice

Post by Tymaul »

Sorry, forums were down it should work now.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Hmm. Not at the moment. I'll try a restart at the next possible time and re-try.

Regards PitD
Tymaul
Novice

Post by Tymaul »

ok forums should be up now, for certain :)
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Yeah sorry about that my bad! :)

Just registered www.dungeon-maker.com so that should be working soon and also getting a 2GB web host so lots of upload space! :)

Will update everyone when everythink is working :)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Yes, works fine now. Elegant outfit for the forums ;o)

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

I've been posting Graphics in the new forum if anyone could comment please it would be most helpfull
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

The flame of the torch looks very nice, iron top of it is a little too shiny for my taste. Items look good, the contents of the potion flask remind me a little of the surface of some planet. In general I'd go for less shiny objects but rather make some of them look a little worn - not like they have been bought newly and placed in a dungeon like a museum (crown!).

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Sorry to mess everyone around with this, I've just changed server and now have a wopping 2GB webspace to play with so i can host large files :) anyways due to the change ive re done the forums with a new board and it no longer uses phpbb but this board lets you upload files with your posts which will be handy for us.

Maybe when the next release of phpbb comes out ill switch back, but anyways please take a look at let me know what you think, and cowsmanaut if you need any files hosting let me know, im sure we wont be need all that space just yet :)

http://www.dungeon-maker.com/
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The webpage is lookign good, pity there is still alot of holes with the items linls, etc

I must admit until i read the faq, etc i hadn#'t realised how many subtle mechanics were being built into the game, such as objects with savings throws for being thrown on various surfaces, etc : )

The forum link threw me back here though, and not even to this topic...what happened to the new forums?
wese1
Neophyte

Post by wese1 »

how do i get a copy of this game maker? I went to the web site
do i need to register or something

Thanks
Wes
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

We havent release a alpha version yet, but hope fully we will soon and i'll sure everyone will know about it when we do :)
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Wishbone's been trying out the engine with true 3d monsters

http://www.dungeon-maker.com/forums/vie ... hp?p=41#41
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Well if people dont want to visit then ill post it here

http://www.dungeon-maker.com/uploader/u ... hot000.jpg

We are currently adding around 15 different characters at the moment
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If people don't want to visit...?

You only gave it a day! That doesn't mean people aren't interested. You gotta remember that it often takes people a while to get into using a new forum. Remember the slow start here or on DMWeb?

Part of the problem is that people have limited time. I would guess that many of those who visit these forums simply don't have the time to go to another messageboard to trawl through another 12 or so forums.

People are interested -- I've taken a look at the site and enjoyed the new pics of the 3d monsters. I just didn't feel the need to post a comment.

Be patient! ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Beowuuf: You mentioned about the Dungeon maker forums link coming back here. My fault, I hadn't updated the quick links with the new url, after it was changed a second time.

This will also explain why there haven't been many responses on the DunMak forums!

Sorry about that! It should all be fixed now.