Dungeon Master or Dungeon Maker

Historic discussions for the 3D clones "Dungeon Maker" and "Bloodwych 3D" which are both sadly now defunct.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MadMunky
Adept

Dungeon Master or Dungeon Maker

Post by MadMunky »

After the release never happened as we decided to do a upgrade which made it so none of are old maps work any more i've decided to try and remake Dungeon Master in Dungeon Maker, I've just done the Hall Of Champions and rip some of the graphics from the PC version of DM.

Thread With ScreenShots

Comments Please, Also if anyones want to make a Dungeon Master Texture for the Floor and Roof Please let me know :)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

It looks a little "glued on", maybe with some shadow on the font (and a little higher up, in the middle of the stone tile) would look better.

Regards, PitD
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Something seriously wrong by the looks of things....

The viewpoint is just completely wrong. It makes the passageways too wide, the wall tiles too big, and wall items in completely the wrong place. It makes me feel like I'm about 2 feet tall and looking up at everything.

What's changed? It wasn't like this before was it?

If it was, then I would seriously recommend reviewing the forced perspective that you're using. It just doesn't look right at all in my opinion.
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

The hasnt changed it just where i placed the textures, all easy to fix :)
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Note: The point of these pictures wernt to clone Dungeon Master but just to show the fact that you could quite easly remake the Dungeon Master series in the Dungeon Maker engine as it is fully editable.

Im only planing on remake the Hall of Champions and Level 1 just for examples on how its done for the first release then anyone who is interested can remake the full game and make it alot better (i.e. right height for all the wall decos) Im also going to remake the first level of bloodwych with all the graphics i can and ofcouse have one of my own dungeon (which proberly wont be very playerable but more of a guild on how to do all the different features which DM supports)

Of course any ideas are welcome.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Its very good work (except for the tile/fountains/portraits(champions) graphics) but its gonna need a GForce (2-3) to work properly, no ?
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

I don't think so..it's works ok on my system(and I have a ati raedon).

Although It still has the slow down issue for some reason(even with a high processor it still slows down in certain parts of the test dungeons). Guessing it's a alpha engine problem or something perhaps.