Dungeon Maker is Online

Historic discussions for the 3D clones "Dungeon Maker" and "Bloodwych 3D" which are both sadly now defunct.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Wishbone
Apprentice

Dungeon Maker is Online

Post by Wishbone »

Hi everybody,

I made a little page that contains downloads, info and images for my new project, called Dungeon Maker. It's still in development stage, but you can already download a beta. Check it out and let me know!

Greetz,
Wishbone
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

What's the URL?
Wishbone
Apprentice

Post by Wishbone »

Gambit37 wrote:What's the URL?
Hm, seems I forgot that :?
http://home.deds.nl/~wishbone/index.html
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Dungeon Maker

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Looks interesting, Wishbone... did you develop this alone?

Anyway, will test the beta and let you know what I think (if it works on
my old machine ;))

Regards

PitD
Wishbone
Apprentice

Re: Dungeon Maker

Post by Wishbone »

Yes i did, from about 2 years ago :)

Started with a simple 2 player game only with walls, stairs and some trigger buttons. Added an editor. Decided to make it for 1 player to make it easier to use the mouse and pickup and use things. Made monsters, more abilities for items and monsters, more link triggers for making complex puzzles, added smooth opening and closing doors that can go either sideways or up/down. Made a player editor. More player abilities, like getting poisoned, debilitative, paralysed, encumbered, using some magic, throwing items, chopping doors, etcetera. Made more object types, like links, text triggers, monster generators, launchers, water and food source, fire, lighting, flat walls and doors, buttons, and more. Made it possible to have outdoor environment and multi-leveled maps. Created the main screen to look better. Added new graphics and 3Dstudio meshes.
And now I'm busy making it possible to swap maps inside the game, so the game doesn't need to pre-load everything. (I think i will put this post on my page :) )

So to be short: busy busy busy. :)

PicturesInTheDark wrote:Looks interesting, Wishbone... did you develop this alone?

Anyway, will test the beta and let you know what I think (if it works on
my old machine ;))

Regards

PitD