DMT 2 in progress

Modern experimental clones programmed by forum member Rasmus.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Re: DMT 2 in progress

Post by Rasmus »

Hehe, no seriously..

I haven't been working in my usual speed with DMT 2 because of the nice weather.
But this is what I have fixed:
- I have inserted the Mummy.
- Daroou is now also with the party.
- All spells except fireshield, see though walls, magic footprint, map spells has been inserted.
- Experience, skills, generation etc. has been inserted.
- A menu showing stats and skills have been inserted.
- I removed the old itemphysics (Tokamak) completly and inserted a more homemade version that works okey! The reason for this is that I didn't have full controll of the Tokamak engine, sometimes the item went right though the walls, or got trown with a faulty speed.
- All potions has been inserted and can be created.
- Character animation for eating, drinking, doing item actions has been inserted (still have shoot with bow/sling/crossbow etc. to fix. But this will be done in the next version).
- Most of the items on level 1 has been inserted.

Left to do:
- One or two more creature.
- Rest of the level 1 items, and some homemade to.
- Create a level where the betatesters can spawn monsters and train their characters to infinity.
- Fixing the editor so that it is easier to manage.
- Some more dungeon/outside visual effects.
- And some more minor stuff...
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Here are a screenshoot of the upgraded inventory, I know it looks a little stiff, but as soon as I have everything in place I can decorate it with some pink flowers :)
You can also see the spellbar in the bottom right corner. It can be operated from the inventory or in the dungeon by holding down the right mousebutton.
At the center I have also added a box for placing the characters in the front or back order.

I will be back in a couple of hours showing some screenshoots of the regular monsters..

(I havn't fixed the fonts yet, just so you all don't think I have forgotten)
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Here we go..

I have just inserted the monster generator. So here we have 2 screenshoots of hoards of mummys and screamers..
And this was the result after a long fight..
And some mummys left to test the lightningbolt on..

:)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

So I've got to ask - where do you source your screamers?! I can believe that you can find models of mummies for free, but screamers?!

The deco looks really good. I just love the chunky bricks in the walls. Daroou just looks like the best dude to take with you to a horde of mummies.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Thanks Ian :)
I have to dissapoint you about the screamers and mummys, but everything in the game are created by me, and not gathered from the internet.. (except the skull after the dead characters :))
Daroou are much better than the other champions when it comes to killing hordes of mummys, as long as I give him a good weapon :)
I may add that I havn't inserted any bumpmapping on animated objects yet (including items hold by the champions), so they still have some space left for improvment..
Hajo
Craftsman

Post by Hajo »

I'm very impressed by the progress with DMT2. Keep up the good work, and further good luck with it!
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Thanks Hajo :)
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

Rasmus you are doing an amazing job with this clone! My hat is off to you for making an effort to provide us starving DM fans with more content to play and to keep the DM spirit alive. Keep up the good work mate and keep those progress reports coming :)
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Thanks isamuu.. As I think it is fun programming dm games I will have no problem with continuing this project :) Thanks again!
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

I have uploaded a video for those interested :)

Here I am fighting hoards of monsters with a little help from some lightningguards.
http://dmtribute.webs.com/apps/videos/v ... mt-2-v0-06

Enjoy ;)