Movies that should be made.. what's your wishlist?

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Movies that should be made.. what's your wishlist?

Post by cowsmanaut »

There are a number of movie ideas out there.. that are just waiting to be made.. yet, what would you like to see put to the silver screen?

I think that with the success of movies like aliens, and the disasters of movies like Aliens vs Predator.. that the title of Metroid could be made, but only if the right writer, director, and cast were chosen. I see it as being a dark film, and so some one like Guillermo del Toro would manage that well.. I think he's done well with the Hellboy series Blade II wasn't great, but it had some nice visuals.. so it's really up to a good writer to hit that aspect..

Luc Besson might be a good writer for it, he wrote the fifth element, La Femme Nikita, Transporter, and Joan of arc, as well as a few other hits. His ability to write strong action hero's and more to the point female hero's, would probably add a solid story line to it.

as for actresses, few others look the part than Milla Jovovich, she's done her share of action, not every movie a blockbuster.. but she seems to do well in the part of the heroine. And she's played in two of Luc's films.. Joan of arc, and Fifth element.

Also along the line of video game movies, I think Zelda might actually survive the screen with the right people behind the wheel. Movies like Lord of the rings, Gladiator, and King Arthur show that tales of ancient times can be done, so long as we keep the characters real to a certain degree.. allow us to relate.

Ron Howard did a great job with Willow, and I think he could lend a good eye to he fantasy of Zelda..

writers.. David Franzoni, wrote for Gladiator, and King Arthur both, he could likley give us a hero in link. Jamie Bell or Ben Barnes.. both have that longish face, handsome but not overly so, and capable of handling an action situation..

moo
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

and Dragon Ball ? :) ok, it is already planned and i'll probably watch it, even if it is crappy !

I'd like more robot/space opera movies (not only Star Wars please!), there were tons of great japanese mechas in the 80-90's : Go Nagai's, Macross, Evangelion, etc. and charismatic heroes : Harlock, Captain Future, ... From this period, i see only Transformers that has been done, great visuals but the acting was quite poor (you know the son of Indiana...).

I'd like a MadMax remake too, or something in a post-apocalyptic period, with a desert and bad guys with punk haircut !

About Luc Besson, for now he's mostly a producer of (sometimes good) action movies, i.e the Transporter trilogy. I liked Milla in Fifth Element and she was ok in the 1st Resident Evil because she didn't act but shot zombie hounds... ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Milla's a terrible actress and she loves herself way too much. Since she recently had a baby, I'm hoping we won't see her in anything for a while. :P

There aren't any games that I would want to see on screen, but I'd be fascinated to see the book "Perdido Street Station" as a movie. That could be something quite beautiful and quite terrifying.
kofeur
Neophyte

Post by kofeur »

Micahel Moorcock's Elric would be interesting as a movie, but I don't know who could pull that off...
Maybe as an anime movie?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I both would like to see and am afraid to see a Metroid film (being a fan, but knowing they'll probably screw it up)... please, not Milla. :shock:
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Apparently Luc Besson wrote on those films I mentioned.. so while he does mostly production now, I think he might do a decent job with the others.

Milla can act if she's controlled.. If not Milla, who else does a good action hero? I mean after all.. the big thing to remember is that Samus doesn't ever say squat :P
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

Okay, maybe this is just a bit too obvious, but I would really like to see a "Dungeon Master" film. The Dungeons & Dragons films were very disappointing, and I can't think of any really well executed film that is just about a party exploring a dungeon.

Cheers!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Your last statement is exactly why we don'#t actually want a DM film released! :D IF hollywood haven't done anything like it before, and D&D was horrible, best let it be!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I would really like to see a "Dungeon Master" film.
The Dungeon Master (1985):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089060/
The Dungeon Masters (2008, doc):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988086/
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

I'm familiar with the 1985 "Dungeon Master" film, but as I recall it is a horrible B-movie that (fortunately) has nothing to do with FTL's beloved Dungeon Master games.

Cheers!
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I've heard there *is* going to be an Elric movie, but this isn't it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ycjun-J9iY

I'd love to see a movie made around Piers Anthony's Xanth novels, and for a 3-hour epic, how about Thomas Covenant?
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

There you go... Piers Anthony's "Incarnations of Immortality" series would be great to see. "On a Pale Horse" has been knocked around for years as a potential film, but apparently never got out of development hell. The last discussion seems to indicate Disney had rights, then sold them to Touchstone/ABC. I would love to see some of Anthony's books in film.

Cheers!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I would like to see a movie covering a greek myth.. I know it's been done poorly up to now.. but there is serious potential there! Just looking at the series rome.. and noting all the potential in greek history as it is.. Archimedes for example.. a film could be made on his life!!

perhaps it's the history geek inside me.. but I think it could and should be done :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Have you ever watched the old jim henson tv show the storyteller? I believe they did a couple of greek myths, with rose-tinted specs I recall them being done well - if in half hour chunks :D

Or perhaps there was a specific old myth series...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

The second, four-part series of "The Storyteller" was indeed Greeky myths - "Theseus and the Minotaur", "Perseus and the Gorgon", "Orpheus and Eurydice", and "Daedalus and Icarus" :).
Adept

Re: Movies that should be made.. what's your wishlist?

Post by Clodius_one »

Is there anyone had seen the remarkable Japanese 1985 Robotech animation? It was a great 85 episodes. If you don't, its a must to see.

http://www.robotech.com/

It will be directed by Tobey Maguire actor from the original Spider-man movies. I share 2 different feelings about it: :D and :(
Because there is a lots of events in the story, I wish he will shoot a trilogies full and expect to see great special effects and fear to find out another crappy movie without story. :evil:
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I'd love to see Weaveworld made into a movie, but would also be nervous of it maybe being a disaster.

The problem when novels are made into movies is that you already have clear images in your head of how the story unfolds, what the protagonists look like, etc...
No director (indeed no other person) is going to see it the way you do.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I hope they will not touch the great science fiction and fantasy told by Jack Vance.

I see there has been some done http://scifi.stackexchange.com/question ... nces-books
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Any of Iain Banks' 'Culture' novels... Although again, i would be a little apprehensive.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

I know that they are putting some of the Game of Thrones series out on IMAX, but would be nice to see a full movie. Of course only as long as it doesn't interfere with when the next book will come out because that is already taking FOREVER!